Gifting excess / unwanted items....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Marius, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

So then add to the alt abuse? And I think you answered your own question.

2. Vic

Vic Active Member

i have a question for you. if your bathtub is already overflowing, how much more damage will be done if you throw another pail of water in it? THAT is my point. why punish the honest players because of the cheats? you might as well go play something else... unless you're one of the cheats.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The forum is for ideas and discussing them, and for all to have input, anyone who has been on the forums for years knows that there are probably gonna be pros and cons for anyone's ideas, regardless of our opinions, on any one person's idea,Kano is the deciding factor. Many of us have ideas ,have had ideas ,will have them, some are good ,some are not,depending on a persons perspective,but bear in mind no one's idea is gonna be shelved or implemented on one persons opinion.

George Burd and Old Salt like this.
  4. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

expressing opinions are one thing. slamming someone else's ideas are another. wouldn't everyone agree with that?

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have ideas "slammed"as you put it, I saw it as a difference of opinion for whatever reason,lack of interest, just not liking it,what have you,taking it personal or making it personal, does not have to be part of the equation.But as far as gifting unwanted gifts,ya never know when ya gonna need something for crafting until it is too late,except for that dreaded""secret(useless)gift"":rolleyes:

6. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Why would you throw another pail of water in an overflowing bathtub? THAT is my point.

And you know, people who post ideas better be prepared for criticism of those ideas as well as accolades. I see far too much whining in these threads from people who have gotten their feelings hurt because their ideas weren't liked. And then they usually start attacking instead of having the "debate" that they claim they want to have on the merits of their idea. If you can't deal with criticism then don't post. Period.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

So sucks to be you is slamming someone's idea. That is me being nice. I could have been more politically correct in using more colorful language. But again that has brought me the ban hammer down upon thyself. So sucks to be you in it's not happening is my choice of words. And it's my opinion it's not going to happen. And if your upset about people bashing your ideas or slamming them down them simply don't post. It's going to happen. Some ideas will be slammed by many. Some ideas won't be. Everyone on the forums have felt this once or more.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

ya know, noone would be even interested or thinking of these ideas if we could get some more crafting recipes

9. Marius

Marius Member

Some people clearly think their ideas and views are more important than others. Maybe they feel as though they're imbued with some earned wisdom from years of forum use, maybe not. Surely the forums are for discussion, ideas and, if needed, constructive debate and criticism. Not an excuse for someone with a perceived sense of authority to reply with an unsuitable aside. So yep, sucks to be you.

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Let it go Marius. It's not going to happen. People have spent years on the game probably longer then you have played. And they can see the abuse easily with this idea. You can post an idea and a discussion all you want. But you also need to realize once you do it's open season on your discussion or idea for anyone to knock down whichever way they prefer. And to the ones who are coming on here saying people shouldn't do it. Get off your mighty roller coaster. Everyone in the forums has bashed an idea or got heated on some discussion. Welcome to the forums. If you can't handle people doing this then go back to the sandbox and play by yourself.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Marius

Marius Member

Sandboxes, rollercoasters... pretty certain if anyone had them they wouldn't be playing here. Unless a cat found the sandbox, that could go wrong pretty quick. Jon, have you got a cat? Could you keep it out of my sandbox please? I don't know why I'm even worrying, you're so wise there's no way the cat could get in there. There's probably gloves, goggles and a laminated list of rules too. Probably complete with a subsection of things not to complain about, if you actually manage to get over the security fence and into the box in the first place. Mind you, they wouldn't play long probably, what with all the criticism about how they dig their holes, build their sandcastles or make their mud pies...

I'm not even going to open the rollercoaster box of worms... :rolleyes: