[ZS] Game Update: New player protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

New Player Protection will be set on all newly installed players for 1 week since installing the game. During this period, attacks received and against enemy players will be limited by your xp attack range. This means you can only attack and be attacked by players near your level. For Punches and Hitlists, enemy players must be either less then 2 times your level or greater then half your level.

Players under new player protection will have the freedom to explore and learn the game with similar experienced players. They will not have to worry about getting into unknown features or interactions which could result in taking a beating from more advanced players. Anyone under protection will have the opportunity to opt out if they are familiar with the game before the protection period ends.

A time based approach will give all new players the opportunity to level up at their pace without the use of strict level thresholds which won't scale for each player or be manipulated by other players.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. So what

So what Member

Thats massive ,,and well worth the chance for new players ...very welcome

however
    Joined 15 hours ago 1 hitlist attack in 1 second
    Joined 1 day ago Level 21
    21 hitlist attacks in 18 seconds

dont think it works .........had mulitpal others ....one joined 3 mins befor and had 19 attacks
    think it would be an idear to block them from the hitlist

if they can attack should be able to kill punch or list

w t g though

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I am in complete agreement with So What. If your going to give the new players in the game protection thats great it will help them learn the ropes hopefully by the time they come out of the game. But the bounty boards for new players needs to be restricted until they come out of that protection. I can say this for myself. I collected a bounty early off in the game and it allowed me to jump my rule up a lot quicker then other players around me. This did give me a edge on counters and bounties to put on them if they annoyed me. But i did take the repercussions from that player for weeks because i got them. All it takes is one hit win or lose to collect that bounty. And u take that risk the rewards can be substantial.

4. Yeah i encountered a Lvl 4 that attacked me on the hitlist, i could attack back but could not punch or list??

Well that seems to be a bunch of BS..

A new player shouldnt BE ATTACKING ON THE HITLIST...

Or can we say someone's alt..........

Ban the new players from the Hitlist. Or Give us Full RIGHTS if they attack.

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Oh please. They get given 7 days of protection, it's not that big a deal.

I just started again on a new network and a level 1300+ punched me 5 times within 24hrs just because he's a prick. None of you are gonna say that's not fair.

To be honest it's a bit pathetic so many people wanna "give whats coming to em", to someone who's just started playing the game. Then you have a good moan because theirs no one on your fight list, well i wonder why!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  6. alka

alka Banned

If it's no big deal then protect those guys in their first few minutes of play from playing the hitlist. Come on, who's kidding who. When did you ever start an unkinown game and jump straight to the hitlist within the first few minutes?
    I would take it further and say stop guys below 300 hunting. That way they would stop hiding in the protection area and maybe be more keen to level and not try to pk the top level players in order to get themselves killed to remain low!.

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Your comments are ridiculous. That's all there is to say about them.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  8. Because we know Most of the ones starting these days are probably Alts and Cheaters... Not very MANY NEW PLAYERS STARTING THESE DAYS...

I like how its PERFECTLY FINE TO GO FOR THE HITLIST...... BUT ITS NOT COOL TO GO AFTER THEM......

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

When u consider the fact that punch/slap damage is determined by the player with the lowest health....then YES...i would say its fair. Personally I think its unfair that slap/punch damage is calculated by the lower of the twos health....whats the point of building a strong account simply to have it handicapped by someone who hasnt. Other than that...7 days of protection is no big deal. But we all know that wont be enough....and the whining will continue....and Kano will cave into it. Kano has a history of doing this and its exactly why the lower levels keep doing it and everyone else is leaving the games

Im dont get the correlation between "no fight list" and the"give what comin to em" comments...what does one have to do with the other

10. polishpimp

I think this is a perfectly legitimate idea....why not unlock the bounty page at a higher level? By that point a player should know full well what to expect.....That the potential reward is great...but the consequences equally severe

11. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

The ONLY reason the higher levels would want the hitlist locked until 300 is because you want to be able to beat down on a lower level and know they can't do anything about it. It's not about lower levels accepting that there's a price to pay when going for a bounty, it's about a higher level wanting to beat up on someone they know can't do anything back.

Yesterday at level 117 i killed a level 1100+ and got his 16b bounty. I died 4 times just going for the bounty an was happy to accept whatever they did to me once they logged on. To my shock, in stead of coming back to a death, i came back to a friend request. First time that's ever happened, i can tell you.

The bounty of someone who is level 300, is what 400mil? Whats the bounty of a level 1300? 30+b. Oh but that's fair. So not only do you want to be able to smash them while their a lower level, you want to cut off the link to them having a chance to make some real money before they hit 300 and be able to defend themselves to anyone in the game who wants to keep them dead.

With hi5 ending Kano games there are players going to both Myspace and Facebook to start again. So there are going to be people who know how to play the game and play it well, in the lower levels. If they can't even be given a chance to build up, there going to lose interest and find something else to play. The higher levels whinge enough now because there's no one on their fight list, what do you think it's gonna be like if the lower levels get sick of your crap and stop playing and theres no fresh blood moving up the ranks?

12. polishpimp

The only reason high levels want the hit list locked is so they can beat on the lower levels??? What planet r u from.. not only isnt that the ONLY reason....for myself its not a reason at all. Im what u might call a high level and I have zero interest in beating down someone of that level....what would be the point? Furthermore...chances are...if its someone that low of a level...Im going to kill them the first go at them....its not like a player such as myself could actually beat on them non stop for 24 hrs effectively halting their forward progress. There Xp derived from them isnt worth the stamina. When an extreme low level hits me on bounty....sometimes i will whack em arond a lil bit.....but i never pound on them relentlessly. But i certainly think if someone wanted too the are certainly within their rights to. Its a laugher to me when I hear players complaining about retaliation attacks after they attack someone on bounty. Personally ...when someone sends me the messages "its nothing personal......." or i didnt bounty you........." it all but insures im going to attack u back. Lets not forget that the only way to collect that money is to kill me...and to kill me means a loss of XP....If im not allowing a friend to do it....then it doesnt get anymore personal (game type personal)....lol

The simple fact is......a higher level cant beat on a lower level unless they open themselves up to them....that is my reasoning for agreeing not to give the lowest of levels access to the bounty page....in order to save them from themselves.

If a player cant be bountied by an upper level themselves until theyve passed level 300....then I dont think they should have access to bounties beyond level 300 until the themselves r beyond 300 .Personally...I dont have much use for listing someone low leveled unless their being an absolute pest or their part of the guild wars and members of my guild can score while collecting on them. The fact that the highest of levels are extremely limited in the points they can score in comparison to others basically forces me into listing smaller account for my smaller guild members in order to pull my weight and do what i can in an effort to win.

13. So what

So what Member

it is a big deal ....VERY BIG...and id like to see it lengthened to level 100 which ever happens first

and no
    aint no one whingimg here ......never had a fight list cant miss what i NEVER had
    the reason for the hitlist protection is to stop the abuse if they are real ,,,,,and keep them intrested
    theres NO ONE that NEW to these games that they dont get the concept of a HITLIST ....pppppppppft

if they can join in ,,,,in that ASPECT then there should t be any protection if they take the risk....

14. My 2 cents...
    7 days protection is kinda lame and does give the alts a 7day window to catch some bank and decide to either play the acct or abandon it and make another just for the 7 days protections.
    BUT​
    I came to ZS from a totally different app. and I was full aware of what the "HITLIST" was when I started, I also knew that catching a bounty consisted of being the lucky one that took the target to 0 health (regardless of win or lose or damage done) and furthermore it was my reasoning for playing ZS. Not all app.s have a hitlist and the ones that do usually have a sucky one. When I started ZS the hitlist unlocked at level 24 or 25 (can't remember now) and I started hunting as soon as it unlocked. Yeah yeah I made some ppl mad but I made some new friends too. I guess what I'm saying is I disagree with limiting players from hunting the list and I also disagree with the 7 day grace period.
    Just keep in mind that all knowledgeable new players aren't alts, some come from any other kano app., bloodlines, mob wars, sorority life, dead or alive, the list go's on and on but than again SOME ARE... now with 7 days protection to make it or break it :/