[ZS] Fight Results Design Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 15, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey everybody,

We're gearing up to release an updated version of the Fight Results display to Zombie Slayer next early next week so we wanted to give you a sneak peek of the interface changes ahead of time.

The reworking of the Fight Results screen mostly stems from some issues players have had over the years with the old Results screen as well an ongoing effort to make the game look a bit more modern. We also managed to save a bit of space with this new design so the Fight Result interface will take up less screen real estate than the old one.

As I said this is expected to hit early next week for Zombie Slayer, so take some time to look at the screenshots and familiarize yourself with the new layout. Any preliminary thoughts are always appreciated although, while I understand it is tempting to be all doom and gloomy about change, please wait until you try it out for yourself next week before you discount it.

We're also including an opt-out option in the settings for those of you who prefer the old way of doing things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Johnny Tomb-Stone

Johnny Tomb-Stone New Member

I kinda like the idea of a new layout interface for fighting as I am all fighting good to know you will be updating it

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Can we see an overlay of the two? What I mean is how far will the buttons move when the heal shows up. Also when the already under attack shows and the you have exhausted the payouts as well?

much appreciated.

4. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Will this fix the jumping attack button that occurs after you attack someone 20 times? This was the only problem with the old fight screen. How will it display an ambush? Also, where is the boost %?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  5. Johnny Tomb-Stone

Johnny Tomb-Stone New Member

I second this the jumping around with the ambushes and the large health bar so forth

6. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

Nice design, but with ambushes being setup easily nowadays, do you think people wanna fight anymore?

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I was not aware of this jumping attack after 20 attacks so I will have to verify that. If it is still an issue this is something we can most certainly look to address.

Ambush messages should show in the same area as the Heal button in the 2nd screenshot.

Boost % can still be found via "Show Details". One of the main goals of this update was the streamline the interface and remove some info from view that was not used all that much. If there is a huge demand to return the Boost % we can look to cross that bridge at that time.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I do not have an overlay at this time but you could compare for yourself once this goes live as you can toggle on and off. If there are major concerns over button placement we will address those in a timely manner. We have gone through a few iterations on Viking Clan with this update already but given some of the differences in Zombie Slayer there could be a few loose ends to tie up.

9. There Will Be Blood

The jumping attack button becomes a problem when you are trying to catch a bounty. This has been brought up in the forums before, but I haven't seen a post about it in a while.

The boost% is useful because it's good to see if your vaccine boost is still active, and it shows if you need your contracts filled if your normal boost % is reduced. I personally always look at the boost number, I like to see my opponent's defensive boost%. The only thing I don't see necessary on the current screen is showing your attack skill point number.

Just looking at the new screen now, there are a there are more places you have to look for key information. The previous screen, this is all in one spot, for example: +$1,000,000 | +83 XP | -3,901 Health Lost | 4,965 Health Damage Dealt. The new screen, you have to look in 3 different areas for the same info.

I know I can just use the old screen when this one goes into effect, but it makes me wonder why Kano makes unnecessary cosmetic changes to the game, it seems like they are just asking for complaints, especially if this change affects hunting in any way. Hunting is already screwed up enough with the delay.

10. AlterEgoT

Kind of defeats the purpose of advanced feedback if we are just supposed to wait and try it.

And as There will be Blood stated. What we want is the button not to jump around on the screen. IE you are fighting and the you have hit 20 attacks pops up or the heal pops up and the attack button is now an inch lower on your screen. In this time the all attack no defense accounts have already dived back into the hospital to hide or the Hitlist is gone. THAT is what the slayers have detested for years and begged to be fixed. The rest doesn't really matter, if we care about the stats we will find them. As long as they are still there and we can still copy and paste we adapt. We'd just like smoother attacks.

Thank you for the responses though. We shall try it and I am sure you will receive more accurate feedback after we've tested.

11. AlterEgoT

To understand the players of the game that fight this is what I think Kano developers are missing....

It's fast pace.

We click faster than the "door" on the hitlist. We have muscle memory to where the attack button is. And timing is key.

Let me explain it this way. The content is the same throughout the game. Everything is the same except the graphics and numbers. So the game itself loses it's appeal pretty quickly. As you get into the game the parts that hold your attention are the competitve components.

HL kills (speed and accuracy)
    BA Strategy and skill allowances
    FW communicating with your faction

if you reduce the game to its base it's not worth playing after about level 800 at the most.

This is why I believe kano has been struggling. It's not that it's outdated in style, it's not even redundant content although things such as new outbreaks are important.....it's simply that the developers do not seem to understand that the part that is addictive about the game is the community and the skill components. Delays and math problems.....ruins the fun. Changes to the screens is just an inconvenience for us. New graphics just slow down the already laggy server issues. We want you to streamline what is there based on how we use it. It may not be what the developers intended but it's what keeps the people here and playing.

If you've read this and are taking the time to actual contemplate what is said, I thank you greatly.

12. AlterEgoT

FYI. First try on it. First impression.

I used to be able to look in the middle of the screen and see all the pertinent information. Now I must stop and look from side to side to see everyone's health etc.

Not thrilled with first impression. Still a huge screen with even less information on it.

13. AlterEgoT

zs edit fight screen.jpg

That took me oh less than a minute to simply crop and paste.

Notice that the messages are BELOW the attack button. This would be so that the button doesn't move when the game needs to inform us of something. The information is centered so that your eyes don't have to go searching for information.

By no means is that how everyone wants it to look but I was going for a visual that would explain what we mean.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  14. AlterEgoT

ok having given it a shot. I like the feel BUT I still do not like having the info scattered all over the screen and pop ups and the blank spot of wasted space right where your eyes center on is not appealing. A little tweaking and I think it would be fine.

Can we now addressing the button moving when messages pop up please?

15. There Will Be Blood

Agree with Alter on all of her points, I do like the feel, but the look needs some adjusting. The damage you deal and take are almost obscured by the avatars. This information is actually useful and necessary, and I don't know why it's basically hidden. If you are fighting ambushes, you need to know how much health you are losing on each attack, otherwise you could get yourself killed.

Yes you gain a small amount of space on the bottom of the fight screen, but it's hardly streamlined. If anything it is more cluttered because every piece of information is in it's own box, and they are all separate, there are just a bunch of tiny boxes. I took a screen shot of both and compared them side-by side, the new version looks almost like a rough draft, and the original screen was much more polished looking.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  16. AlterEgoT

I'm thinking.....Meh.

Hard to get to the slayer name to punch for a pk
    Hard to see how much health you are losing.
    I feel like I'm missing if I'm winning or losing -was much easier when it just said if I won or lose. Obviously they had the opposite result.
    The button doesn't jump as far thanks to the tiny font used for the xp cash notification and such but still jumps
    and I do miss being able to copy and paste. Silly as that may be.

On the plus side.
    It does feel like it loads faster
    characters aren't so obnoxious
    button doesn't jump quite as far. Hard to even put that in the plus side.

That's my input after extensive use.

Oh yeah. And I don't know why but now the heal button feels like it disappears at critical times. Haven't figured that difference out yet.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014