Facebook "Gamer Chat" and You

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Hey Midge :rolleyes: it is gone now not on any of the game pages, wonder why but it can stay away, a few people did not even have it at all, they were lucky,:cool:

SweetestAngel likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Facebook is known to run tests on stuff without informing anyone, it may be back or it might be gone for good. I haven't had any official word about it from anyone here though.

3. Kirsten

Yeah I was looking all over for news about it yest, hopefully they saw how people behaved it was not pretty, and how they would have t,o monitor it closely,fingers crossed it dies a quiet death :)

Micaylah likes this.
  4. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

I had it but was able to hide it. Didn't see a use for it. I find World Chat on VC amusing (yeah I lurk), and thats fine. But I really didn't see a need for yet another venue. o_O

5. we already have kano chat. is there any way to disable fb chat ?

6. Cisco

Cisco Member

It's too bad that FB makes you "opt-out" rather than "opt-in". I'll be looking for the mute button.

7. Dodge

Dodge Member

I pop on to Wc now and again but it's full of crazies too lol

8. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

LMBO !!! probably NOT!!! Just the facts Sir, Just the facts

Micaylah likes this.
  9. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Personally I feel that Kano is wasting way too much time on tickets because of world chat. If people would act like adults, there would possibly be more time to free up and address other issues. I am definitely guilty of being banned a few times because of my mouth but there are several players in LCN alone that as soon as they get unbanned, they are back on ban within 24 hours. Its kind of a joke. I had suggested going back to the way it was before when we had to purchase speakers. I do disagree with that but maybe have a limit to how many posts can be done a day. That or implement an auto ban to where as soon as an offensive word is said {rape, fuck, pedophile, bot or alt since the last 2 aren't allowed} chat immediately shuts the user down. The usual on what someone says to get shut down. We want changes in the game yet we force the devs to go over ticket after ticket of bullshit that is said. The bullshit takes away from getting newer cities, items, and other changes getting done

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Developers don't deal with Chat reports, that's what Support is for, so no time is being taken away from Locations, items or other changes to do chat reports. Those are two separate departments here at Kano.

11. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Ok good. Thank you for that Mitch :) I still think it is stupid that Support spends so much time on ignorant crap because of idiotic players

12. Our upstanding kano family flaming abusing and harrassing each other, I dont believe it ROFL at least I have another place to watch if I wanna see people make fools of themselves. BTW I used to host chat for MSN have had death threats physical threats etc....what ya gunna do jump through my monitor? some need to grow up

13. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

A fact on the Internet in an Internet game, attributed to shared information from another player, implied as sourced from the protagonist? Debates 101, this is a tosser, simply.

Or a biased, self-interested deluded opinion, designed to incite the creation of hate?

Or the use and creation of hearsay that is not sourced in reality, to enhance falsely the ego of the poster and inflict harm on another person, beyond their game character?

Over the past week, I have seen many people post words with nothing close to a fact or the truth, with serious departures of reality evident.

It has made people quit the game, in fact, seeing the continued sickness of some of the people playing these games, reminding them, that this person in the past has done serious harm previously to others and is carrying on again.

For those thinking facts in relation to a game's World Chat activity, I think you need two things: 1) seek professional help, and 2) need a holiday from the entire game.

For those being hurt by the continued behaviors evidenced in WC that lacks any compassion to you as a person or others, exhibited by the sickness of others (Kano Support seems to have a high burnout rate), I hope that you feel better in time from these internet nobodies who seek only to inflict psychic harm to you, and in some cases, real harm to you and your family, in any way possible. They are internet bullies, period. And even if their bully pulpits are removed temporarily, they do not learn anything from past behavior as they do not see it being departed from reality nor understand what they do and have done. The treatment they need is not coming to them anytime soon.

Muting it and asking people to not get you involved in the psychodrama of others, can work. "Sorry I don't do drama or get into others people sick minds" with a thicker skin approach can also work. "They are sick, not you" can help as well, as will a belief in their self-destruction: seen it before and will see it again. Karma is amazing :)

To the friends who have totally shut it off, yes I will not be interacting with you much due to this outside of game behavior by some. I wish you sincerely all the best.

Micaylah likes this.
  14. It has disappeared! What has happened to it?

15. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

They probably grabbed a clue. However, in other games, roomie noticed the same chat, and its still there. He turned it off as he isn't interested in it. It's the same with me. I have FB chat off. If I want to talk to my friends, I'll call them, or text them.

In World Chat in VC, I have been fortunate enough to only have experienced the humour. I guess I have missed all the crappy stuff. I'm ok with that.

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We requested that Facebook disable this for our Apps and it looks like they have come through on that. :cool:

17. Kirsten

Oh that is great, I know I no longer see it and am glad, even the option to turn it on and off is gone, and that is fine with me, so I hope they did disable it, :) Gonna ask around quietly and see if anyone is still seeing it in the kano games.