[VC] Eldjotunn Raid Boss Feedback/Walkthrough Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 15, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Everyone who assists in successfully killing a Raid Boss will get the achievement. Please contact Support if you believe you should have gotten an achievement but have not be rewarded with one.

George Burd likes this.
  2. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Presumably the min 2k actions and 1k healing actions applies?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Not for the achievements, I believe, but I will confirm.

Edit: I was incorrect, you do need to meet the minimum actions to get an achievement.

George Burd and kevinmalo like this.
  4. Gordon H

Gordon H New Member

Well did my first and last raid. You all took exp; coin, and a weapon/warrior and wrapped it up in a pretty looking package to hit. To bad you charge 4 times as much for it as going doing it the old fashion way.

5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

The healing issue seems to be much more prevalent in facebook PC than VC.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Kirsten likes this.
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Agreed, and I'm hoping I can get them to do something for one game instead of make it across all Raid Bosses as has been the trend so far. Expect something in the PC news at some point about this subject.

George Burd, Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  7. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

if you want a attack to healing ratio i would have to say 5:1 but based on actions not the total damage because if most people heal what they do as in terms of damage you actually get 5 attack actions out of 2 heal actions.

George Burd likes this.
  8. Sir Opinion Alot

but what i think is the issue with heal is the low xp people see in return and they just avoid healing cause of it 159 xp for healing compared to 2100 xp for attack i can see why people avoid healing its a better return for the 20 spent if you attack.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That may contribute, as well as ignorance about this boss compared to regular bosses, but it is more than that, believe me at least when it comes to FB PC.

Old Salt likes this.
  10. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Don't worry- there are those that have been studying 'How to be a Vampire' in VC too... they are trying to hide it better than in PC though- some of those people are pretty blatant about it.

11. Sir Opinion Alot

lol if it more than that start a raid party and keep it private i have enemies in LCN i know would kill mine on purpose we played these a few times around use the ones you know does there share i dont mind a ratio but please dont base it on total but do it on the actions for the actions damage is way more. If you did it on totals you will be spending 10 times the energy than in stamina, just keep that in mind, go by actions :)

12. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Sorry, just saw your response. Energy "drops" haven't been a problem. At least not for me. Probably because I'm leveling too quick though and getting energy refills. You want to argue that the energy gives crappy experience you're preaching to the choir. That's no reason not to pull your weight though and heal the damn thing instead of leaving it for others to do. As I said to Mitch and I have noticed in this current round of Raids there really isn't much of a non-healing issue in VC, at least on the bosses I have been on and I have been on a lot. This issue may be more of a PC one. And I never make my boss public. Besides energy hogs you have people that barely play the game that come back at Raid time to get their rocks off killing raids.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  13. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have been in lots of Raids in VC, many from the world chat, and I have seen only 1 or 2 cases of healing issues, but those where bosses without any chance to be killed anyway.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  14. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I just wanted to say that I love the Raid bosses. They're a beast way for me to grab a couple hundred levels in a hurry.
    However, I also want to point out that other than the achievement, there is absolutely no reason for somebody to start their own Raid.
    I can get my levels hitting other peoples Raids as opposed to spending 3300 energy at a max of 41 energy per adventure to get the keys. That's a lot of energy to be spending and it was the same for the last boss. People don't want to spending their Favour Points on energy refills when they can spend them on stamina refills to get some levels.
    I would expect the amount of Raid bosses being done to drop off very soon if either the keys aren't made more accessible or you don't throw a decent reward in for starting your own Raid.

Please note that if the amounts of Raids being done drops off, the amount of money Kano makes will also drop off in direct correlation.
    People are already refusing their money from the Battle Arena & now the energy problems with the Raid.

Thanks,
    G

LaScepter likes this.
  15. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I can see where you're coming from, but you're not entirely right.

First off, the energy/key drop ratio is probability based. Because of this, there's always a chance you'll have to spend either a ton of energy to get the keys, or hardly any to get them. In my case, I've had to spend 4000+ energy to get the keys before, while with this last wave of raid bosses I only had to spend roughly 500 energy to get all the keys. Kano has also improved this probability with the last two bosses, so while some people are still simply unlucky, overall there's been a significant drop in the amount of energy needed to get the keys on a large scale.

Secondly, there is an incentive to start your own, but only once. When you start your own boss for the first time, you have a 100% chance of receiving one of the better drops, so long as your boss is taken out. However, after that, that percentage lowers to the original amount that everyone else has to deal with.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    George Burd likes this.
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

One thing I'd like to bring up that hasn't been discussed on introduction of raid bosses is..
    You've brought even enemies together to kill the "raid health killers" LOL
    Intentional, absolutely not, but you made a game with-in the feature.
    I can just hear all the crying going on from these "clueless or don't care attitude kind of people"
    To friggin funny IMO

17. bully thor

bully thor Active Member