[All] Does anybody really know what time it is?*

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Reg Hahn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

What with local daylight saving time, etc, I often find it hard to remember what time stuff is going to happen in the game..
    Would it be too much to ask for a Kano Klock to be placed in the banner of each game, so we all know what Kano Time it is now and make it much easier to keep track instead of trying to convert back to local time first? It only needs to show the current time of day (HH:MM)..
    Thanks

*Respects to Robert Lamm

Kirsten likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Open up your Settings tab, there is a clock in there that shows local Kano time (Pacific). :)

George Burd and JADES like this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I always wondered, why did KANO decide to use military time anyways Mitch?

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I wasn't involved in the decision so I'm not certain, but the 24-hour clock is much clearer and is generally used where time-keeping accuracy is of the utmost importance. :)

Demonik1, AlterEgoT, JADES and 2 others like this.
  5. NAZIR A. MUSA

NAZIR A. MUSA New Member

OPEN UP U'R SETTING TAB, THERE IS A CLOCK IN THERE THAT SHOWS LOCAL KANO TIME [PACIFIC]:rolleyes:

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I like the"" real time """, not military time, ughhhhhhh, no one uses it , it has no benefit to me at all. Just makes things more complicated.

George Burd likes this.
  7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

A lot of countries use 'military time' by default. It's much easier when you are used to it (and makes a lot more sense in the digital age).

In general, the anglo-saxon world seems very attached to rather obsolete ways to measure, like using body parts (feet) to measure distance. Or units that have no clear definition: US mile, international mile or nautical mile?

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Nah never got use to it, I like to look at a clock or a watch or my phone and just see the time, not try and figure out what time it is.

so I open settings and it says

Server Time: 2015-09-15 01:56:37

No it is 9-15-2015 :p and it is 4:46:37 am

George Burd likes this.
  9. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

STOP!!!!!

... its Hammer time! :)

Chasity, Demonik1 and George Burd like this.
  10. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

This IS the main event of the evening! This is the moment you've all been waiting for.... it's TIIIIME!

AlterEgoT, George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  11. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

tyvm for all the info I always have trouble figuring out what time kano is on lol not that I can play anything anymore, Kano how bout a job creating crafting items? oh wait doin that for free you all just need to run with them :)

12. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i don't know about anyone else, but i have a clock on my computer screen

Demonik1 and AlterEgoT like this.
  13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

stupid question of the day comin up.....who came up with the marvelous idea to put the clock in the settings area? i find it incredibly convenient to have to click settings when i want to know when the kanites are sleeping

JADES likes this.
  14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

At the time I don't think that the developers/UI guys were happy putting it in the interface so they stuck it in the settings.

15. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I used to take Kano start times & add 1 hour, but ever since I moved a month ago, I've been looking at the Kano start times & deleting an hour. :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  16. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

is it possible that we can put a converter in the game to help out everyone. they can enter their zone and it well tell them what time it is in the game from there zone?

17. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

There is a count-down clock on most events: special calendars, Battle Arena, and Armada Wars, which is very helpful. I never really know when the next raid will occur, but that is my least favorite event, hehe. :rolleyes:

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

My trusty sundial is never wrong and never needs a conversion.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I use a torch on mine at night. That way I can decide what time I'd like it to be. :)

Chasity likes this.
  20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

my hourglass works just fine.