Defensive equipment is lacking

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kreistor, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

Kreistor,

You'll have to forgive me for not reading this entire thread before posting, its rather wordy, but I think I have a general feel for your point of view.

Im no advocate for kano, Ive played that game and if I could, id go back and kick myself in the teeth for stand up for them, but I have to tell you, the very best you can do with them is post a suggestion, and hope something good comes out of it, because its always possible you can post a good idea, and they turn it into something you would never want with a very slight resemblance to what what asked.

Ive been in this community for a very long time, and I got to tell you, You are no pioneer in calling out bull, it simply doesnt work with kano. I could be quoted, telling kano the very best move they could make for the games is to SELL-OUT to somone who actually cares about the quality of product, even a pure insult like that cant even dent their ego's.

The one thing kano is good at is monitoring paterns in all forms of gameplay.

Here is a patern I can assure you they are aware of.

When they put certain types of long lifed valueable limited items out, the sales skyrocket, but, this only remains for so long, because those that wanted to upgrade thier inventory did it on thier chance.

so What they do is, they drop some really good items that are far raked on one side, and then, for quite some time, they offer more balanced items. Believe it or not, this is a good thing for the players, to elaborate. If they made those far raked items available on a regular basis, they would not have the high value because a simular, but slightly better item would be available regularly, you would never have the period of time, that the items you got when the getting was good, are actually better than all the other stuff out there.

then, When they need some extra money, or they feel it has just been long enough since they did it last, they drop new items that are heavily weighted on one side.

rinse-wash-repeat.

If you're in the market for a real boost in your inventory, the best thing you can do, is take advantage of the time that it will take for the next good batch to come out, and save your game-given credits, this willl either help you on how much cash you're going to have to spend, or increase the amount of items you can actually get with the cash you have available. Practice a little patience, and JUMP on the Good opportunity when it does come.

I highly suggest you take the advice in my signature, and lower your expectations for kano. Most anything new you are going to see in this game, is going to be either less than what you hoped for, or all together another turn for the worst.

If you want to find fun in thees games, you should look to your fellow players, to make fun of it, because the devs, their job is to kill the joy and excitment for the sake of those that want to be left alone to press "kill zombies", and look at their pretty stash of fake money pretending it was real.

You're obviously a free thinker, and Im not trying to tell you what to do, or think or how to feel, just offering some insight from a veteran kano hater.

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

oh, and 1 more bit of advice on buying Limited items,

If you dont have a full rack of items, and I mean maxed out on the number of limited items you can use,

Buy up the Gear type first, They are the most beneficial because the stock items that you will be replacing are far inferior to the strength of the stock vehicles and weapons.

Cheers!

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

you still failed to point out exactly where i contradicted myself and i will reference any game i choose, free country and all but thanks for your suggestion lol i stick by my opinions as you do yours. build a bridge and get over it already haha

4. Demonik1

update....one defensive based item in the new limiteds xD priceless

5. One is better than none :)

6. Demonik1

oh i agree, but after all this you would think it would be 2 defensive and one attack....gotta love kanos sense of humore

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

This is my kind of thread!

Although I dont agree with every word, I think the the OP for the most part was spot on. The original topic of limited items is just a small representation of a much bigger problem. Although most of what they said has been brought up numerous times in one form or another, I think its a good thing that Kano or any company gets a reminder from time to time from those that are actually paying the bills. Not exactly concise but I think they did a great job of conveying completely valid issues in a very clear manner. Did it come across as rough? I dont think so. It was certainly blunt but Ive always felt that was the best way to get ones point across. Niceties and fluff just get in the way and muck up the clarity of things and distract from the issue at hand. If I had to pick just a few words from the entire post that best sums things up for me in regards to where I think Kano is lacking ....."Pavlovs dog" .

Kano is very different than most other gaming companies, they are indeed more hands on and available to their players than most at this point. With that said though, they have shown on numerous occasions they are more than willing to turn their backs on the very players and games that made them successful in the first place. If Kano enjoyed great success and grew their business to the size of some of the gaming giants out there I think Kano would pretty much be a mirror image. In the end its all about the bottom line as it should be. But like any business like these if your long term customer base feels theyve been treated badly, unfairly or disrespected eventually things will implode.

Ive probably had more dealings with kano and its employees than most over the years . Ive found all but 1(deltan) to be a pleasure to deal with as individuals . But as a company Ive also grown tired of the small Indie company line/excuse. Its used when convenient for them, but I havent seem the benefit of a small indie company in years in terms of how they deal with certain things and or players. Being a smaller indie company may limit them in a lot of ways but it also affords them opportunity that isnt viable for larger companies. More and more over the years the lil indie company may have remained very similar in terms of physical size but everything else seems to have become more "corporation like".

8. DSA

DSA New Member

Well.... what's false? Clearly when it comes to buying anything, the best value is as others already mentioned: The products which have the greatest difference in either atk or def than non-FP-items you have. Ultimately you only take 2000 items to battle - so buying something with 300+ atk, and another with 300+ def - per category - is the only sensible investment, in the long run. Unless one doesn't have their 1000 hired guns, in which case that is the most effective use of FP. The exception would be early on in one's game, when weapon values are low, and mobsters, SP, etc., are lacking.... and, FP earnable are at first fairly abundant!

If you mean about this philosophy of game slightly favoring attack over defense, in the ease of buying, obtaining, building in-game (not FP) items - then you just haven't studied it carefully enough. But I'm not complaining, just observing: It's a sound philosophy, and does provide a certain drive to the game.

If you'd really not mind helping me... help me learn the factual influence of atk/def SP's {mi7ch !}:
    All I can see in the game stats, is that they behave as though they were the atk/def values of one, single, personal weapon (whatever one makes those values).
    As though adding one SP to attack, say, adds 1 point to my overall mob attack value - and that's it.
    Is there more to it I do not see, or not?
    Knowing for certain, is a pretty darn important thing - and I can't find a definitive answer beyond players' speculation.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  9. DSA

DSA New Member

...what more could be asked for? How does this not please everyone?
    Can't have a balanced item with both numbers as high as the highest of those in a biased item... it's the total combined points ya pay for, more or less. It's good business!

10. unimpressed

unimpressed New Member

this is one of your best posts i read.
    only think i say is a little company will reman little if not lisen to there customers and who wants to only run small company

11. It has been almost two months since the original post. In that time, Kano released ONE limited quantity defensive vehicle (Cement Truck). No weapon or gear. All the above words aside, I'd say that's a pretty solid F in terms of actual delivery

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Since the Cement truck the Badillac was released with 295 Def and 229 Att. We also have another more heavily weighted defensive vehicle in the queue in the coming weeks.

13. Hi Smack. I would not consider Badillac a defense item. It's balanced, with a very slight favor of defense over attack. To me and many other users, such UN items are as useless as completely balanced or attack oriented items. I think we were talking about defense heavy items specifically, and how kano releases so few of them. That only one vehicle was released in two months shows that. Hopefully we'll see a new vehicle, weapons and gear that is actually defense oriented soon. Thanks.

14. For example, the thermal shield just released qualifies as a decent defensive item. So there were now one vehicle and one gear released that fits the request. Still too few for a period of two and a half months. But hopefully we can see some weapons that fits this criteria soon.

On a somewhat related item, even though there are two slots for weapons, why can't we equip the same weapon for both slots assuming we possess two of that item? If we have to wait for release of two different defense heavy UN limited quantity weapons, the time frame will probably put us to sometime in fall.

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We try to run a good variety of Limited Time items typically being balanced, slightly skewed to Att/Def and more heavily skewed towards Att/Def.

As for arming this is a deficiency of how our game works in that you can't equip 2 of the same item on your person. However that item will be used by your Top Squad in normal PvP battles provided it is one of the strongest items you have for either attacking or defending.

16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The problem with the current system of Limited Times is, that a lot of players see the the balanced and semi balanced as just a balanced item and not considering buying it, and 2/3 of the limiteds are this type and make us wait 2-3 weeks.
    When after this long wait when finally the heavily skewed s are out we see that 2 of the 3 new limiteds are the same type as the previous set.
    Ex.: the last 3-4 times the limited time weapons where attack based.
    Adding to the rotation a 4th set where the heavily skewed its the opposite of the previous heavily skewed set would improve a lot the diversity.

17. Still no weapon, come on already!