[LCN] DAILY CHAIN ATTACKS aka BEING A BULLY

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mitchel Piquet, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mitchel Piquet

Mitchel Piquet New Member

Hello gamers/KANO,

I myself dont give a flying ... how many times someone attacks or kills me, all in the game, BUT there are more gamers who do not like this over attacking hour after hour, day by day, week by week and so on...what are you going to do about that?
    Reporting I dislike, is there a way that KANO can monitor what is going on and put a timer on more then 20 attacks?

Thank you.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Player have the option of enabling protection if the person attacking them gets over the "griefing threshold" (this can be found on the Help page). Other than that players can ask for help to fend off attacks, request to Mob up (as you can't take aggressive actions against your Mob) or try Zombie Slayer which has a 50 attack cap against another player each day.

These games are largely built around the ability to engage in PvP combat anytime, anywhere. :)

Kirsten likes this.
  3. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

list em, bush em, rig em, and then tell the devs you want to be able to do a drive by on them too lol. seriously, adding more ways to strike back successfully on a stronger player would probably increase the pvp action on the game. don't make the stronger players into total victims but, give the weaker folks more ways to strike back. nothing like a good grudge match to keep things lively :)

Robbak40 and Mitchel Piquet like this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It is all part of these kinds of PVP game, like Mitch said.

Tony Montana and Mitchel Piquet like this.
  5. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Make friends with someone stronger than them. Get a friend to bully them back. They soon stop.

Robbak40 and Kirsten like this.
  6. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yeah, it's usually only short term. they'll get bored with you after a while and go after someone else. then you'll spark their interest again and they'll stay in your rival list for a bit, it comes and goes.

7. graveyardgabby

I agree, true bullies will always be making enemies and moving on to different people to beat up on. If someone is bullying you and it really bothers you, just lay low and he will move on to someone else that reacts. That's what real bullies are after. Your reaction to them. They want to ruin your experience. If you don't give them what they want, they will move on.

8. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Play dead for a bit, and they quickly move on... Just like being a kid on the playground, if you react strongly to the bully, they will keep going at you! :-/

Kirsten likes this.
  9. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Bullies have always been a part of the game. And there is no real solution. Unfortunately one of the problems a victim experiences is often times the bully is just looking to ruin another player's game and has no other goal or objective than that. So listing them over and over doesn't slow them down especially since the bully enjoys the fact his cost to be hitlisted goes up with every list. They don't care if they are ambushed because then they enjoy trying to outlast you and enjoy the fact that you are spending 2 stamina and cash. And sometimes when you can even win by attacking back, they will start the old attack and hide routine to annoy you even further.

It would be nice if Kano added a built in feature that after say 100 attacks per day with no actions from the "victim" if a cap similar to the 5000 attacks per day or when a higher level cannot attack a lower level until attacked /punched kicked in. Any time someone is attacked more than 100 times and has not attacked or punched once in a 24 hours period, it might be safe to assume it is a bully picking on a weaker player. That would certainly eliminate most of the problems of people getting bullied. Now if a player hit listed, punched, or attacked back, they would have to suffer for the 24 hours. Just like they do when they attack a higher level and have to pay for it until that "window" closes.

10. graveyardgabby

Some people may feel they are being bullied while the "bully" has absolutely no idea they have crossed the line the "victim" has in mind. Would probably help in those situations if non mob could talk via pm. That said, there are people that enjoy starting fights. That still may not rise to the level of being a bully since, while they may think they are having a great, fun, healthy rivalry, the other player may see it differently. I know there are always bullies in these type of games but, doubt they are as prevalent as a lot of people feel they are.

11. Vic

Vic Active Member

maybe i'm mistaken, but i thought this was a fighting game. sure, there are other things that you can do (bosses, challenges, jobs, etc.), but fights are a part of that as well. i give as much as i get, and i don't have any problems with that.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I agree 100% that this is a fighting game and for ME personallyon KONG, none of this is an issue as my level really protects me from many people chaining me LOL However, I can see the situation of a player who let's say to make it an easy comparison is a 100% free player and is say a level 1500. You get 4 players who are in the same fight range and they are spenders on items but do very little leveling, they might find it enjoyable to make another player miserable and try to keep them in the hossy every time they find them online. And so maybe this player who feels like they cannot do anything finally tries to fight back with ambushes or using "protection" so the "bully" asks one of his friends or uses an alt to chain them. This could make a miserable game for the "free player".

And how many attacks would you consider too many? IF a player you could not beat and who was hammering you it seemed every time you signed on and healed, how many attacks would be enough? What if you went to list them and this "bully" was listed so often by others that you couldn't even afford to list them but maybe once or twice? And this did nothing to stop your "bully" anyways? Kano has the one player protection but a bully with friends or an alt would just use another account to harass you. It is a fighting game as you say but how many attacks would be acceptable or would it be the 5k limit? There have been several players who I have run into over my time playing who loved to make players life miserable. One in particular who no longer plays purposely used to try and get listed or kill themselves so that they never levels but loved to sit out around level 300. This account had bought so many items and had played for so long they had all kinds of job drops and boss drops. And their whole purpose of playing was to wait for new players who were trying to level quick and gain mob along the way. He would fightkill them over and over because even though this player was only a level 300, he had been playing so long he was as strong as most level 1000's. And he tormented new players who used to become so frustrated as they felt trapped. The were struggling to move forward and when they would heal to try and gain some exp to level, they were fight killed into oblivion.

The idea to have something in place that would limit a person from being a "victim" and unable to do anything about a bully to such a point they might quit out of frustration and lack of options is something worth talking about and considering trying to prevent.

Mitchel Piquet likes this.
  13. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

The problem is some people just wanna enjoy the other aspects of the game and not the fight feature the problem is that you have to do it for gamer daily points. but for the sake of the players that dont like the fighting aspect maybe they could have a feature in the game where they can click it and they dont show up in fights but also cant attack other players sort of like defense mode in the BA you cant attack but also add you cant be attacked

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

UM, already have that in place, hit the dead people to get daily points.

15. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

it's a fighting game, no bullying there, maximum 1000 then you can get protection. indeed you have to be smart. mob up or make an alliance

Mitchel Piquet and Kirsten like this.
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

17. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

this is funny. i have so many enemies, i can't protect myself from them all, even if i wanted to. no matter what you do, there will always be someone stronger, and someone will always kill you. it hasn't stopped me from playing yet. and i continue to list as much as i can.

SwiftlyInnocent and Kirsten like this.
  18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Everyone plays different and having to take 1000 attacks without attacking back before you can get protection seems a little extreme. I would hate to ever be in that situation. And some players do have a lot of enemies but I get the impression some players in particular prefer to be the a****** and like the attention of getting killed regularly. But not everyone has that same "dysfunction" and would rather play the game trying to accomplish goals and level here and there rather than just stir up trouble. I do feel bad for the "free" or small spenders who do occasionally find themselves in a situation where they feel bullied. Regardless if that is part of the game or the reasons why, most people don't enjoy it and that is just my opinion. I have no solution or ideas other than what I have posted before. :)

19. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

haters gonna hate, Jarvin

20. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

believe it or not, bullying of new players is likely the biggest reason we on kong have a relatively small player base. i do not have a solution, since it is a fighting game and kano should not interfere. the only recourse is to either mob up or ally up with someone willing to help you by attacking the bully or help you get strong enough to defend yourself against the bully. remember though that if you can persevere the bullying you will one day be stronger and can exact some revenge then