cap on help

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by General D, May 25, 2011.

1. General D

General D Member

Are you kidding me a cap on help are you guys trying too ruin the game cause your doing a great job the reason people squad was for help now your capping that this game is going downhill fast

2. cap has ALWAYS been there friend

at least for advens/jobs/outbreaks

for challenge help that is not capped

EDIT:just saw Kendalls post

curious on what feedback on this one is

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We closed an issue today where Challenge Help XP was not being limited as it should have been, as is done with Boss Help.

It came to our attention that this was being abused so we closed up this hole.

First 25 helps in a 24-hr period, you will get a nice XP bonus for helping, beyond that you will get 1XP.

4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

so as I understand it the more you play the less you can do. lovely.

5. does seem like it dont it

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That is untrue, giving out free XP unlimited was creating an imbalance in the game that was being abused.

It is our fault, the feature should have never been released without any limit as is the case with the Boss Help. The developer that is responsible for the Challenges missed this in the original development.

7. baha

baha Member

Well U just wrecked my style of playing the PPL game~!! I protest as the reason I could do my levels was That I helped as many as I could NEW AND OLDER players~!
    I have been here playing and Helping from the start and I don't desquad my players just cuz they don't play like me and have the wrong peeps in their crew I do however Play to help~!
    I object strongly to the NEW rule and CAP~!!
    What possible ABUSE is there in helping??? I would like to know as I said I have many crew and do all the Gift exchanges Bosses etc but my Challenges are a great asset to leveling and its not right~!!!

8. This blows....I'm gonna go play Starcraft 2!

9. General D

General D Member

So people that take the time too squad with alot of people and use that too there advantage are now unable too take advantage of there friends for help i thought it encouraged squading and think this is gonna make people not bother think its gonna be a major blow too this game and it may lose aot of players

10. spend all stamina

blow coin listing/upgrading/reinvesting in new property

spend all energy

waiting for chips to refill in death deal

finish helping with 10 quest

no UN to refill anything

what is left.........

and im not even saying intentionally using up all energy/stam and everything else

comes a point it happens

what is left seriously

11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ok...maybe im brain farting....but how is boss help limited?

12. baha

baha Member

One other thing When exactly has this issue been "discussed"??? Can I get a link to the original Complaint plz~!!

13. AlterEgoT

But many of us now have nothing to do in the game.

The bosses are huge. It takes less than a minute to use up your stam on them.
    The outbreaks are completed and again takes less than a minute to use up your energy.
    The fightlists over 500 are non-existent for most.
    The folks on rival lists just stay in the hospital.
    We can only punch once an hour.
    We can only help 10 folks on jobs.
    We can't chat or we get put in timeout.

So ya many of us spent hours just sorting through the cycling feeds looking for fill contracts and death deals/shooter helps. Waiting and hoping someone will list somebody so we will have something to do.

And no I won't be spending any more money for stamina refills to keep myself occupied waiting on a HL to pop up.

14. when joining a boss you usually get a nice chunk of exp for joining

after 20 or so you only get 1 exp for joining

15. AlterEgoT

They limit the amount of xp you get when helping. Shrug.

16. General D

General D Member

The Challenge help is both a help too helper and the one helped how is helping an abuse Kano is over doing these new rules and messing with a game that is loved by many and if you continue expect too see a mass of people moving on too other games

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The issue was not posted in the forum. It came through our support email and was confirmed through looking through data collected as well as in the code.

This was a bug, that has been fixed. For those that enjoyed the bug while it lasted great, for those that are upset that it has been fixed I am sorry, this will not be unfixed.

18. this looks like its gonna get complaints like the privacy feature,the level 300 range and the un protection threads

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Having only 15 open spots for help with 1 user having unlimited bonus XP for help creates issues on many levels. One being that it becomes a race for whoever can help the fastest and blocks other players out of the opportunity which is not the features intent.

This game is not help to level and that is what some people were doing and those that are upset are likely the ones that enjoyed this bug the most.

20. LittleAizu

LittleAizu Member

hahaha yay!!!!!