[KONG] Boss feed issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vic, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Vic

Vic Active Member

it seems that there are much fewer bosses posted than usual in the feed. is this accurate? or is there a problem with them not showing up in the feed?

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Which feed are you referring to? The Job chat or the Raids feed in the Kongregate chat?

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

neither. i've noticed this, too. it has always seemed a little wonky to me. the feed that shows up on the main page when you first load the game, and you can change the filter to different types of feeds (boss, challenge, job, etc.)

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Oh, the home page feed, I got you. Sorry, so many different places to find Bosses to keep track of. :confused:

Mine seems relatively full at the moment. There aren't any issues we're currently tracking regarding the home page feed but I'll ask around!

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

last night, mine was only about 2 pages (screens), and most of them were dead. plus, every time someone posts one, a link shows up from a day or two before for an active boss that wasn't showing up before the new posting. that's okay, i'll just help out on the ones that i can, i guess everyone else will lose out.

6. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

I'd like to add that I have noticed a lack of fresh bosses appearing in my feed. Most of them are hours old and more often than not days old too. I would also like to mention that bosses from a mutual friend (in my mob) appear on my friends feed but not on mine and in order to access them my friend has to send the link to me. Once I'm in the boss, the original link still doesn't appear in my feed. Am I not doing something I should? I never post anything to Facebook so could this be the reason or is something else amiss?

7. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

ive had that issue for years just learned to deal over the years world chat works better but i dont like how they change the share which always was on when they posted i dont think most have noticed and now alot are not public like they used to be.

8. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

this has always been a problem. but something has changed within the past month or two. there are not nearly as many open bosses as there used to be. i can think of 2 explanations. 1) players are not posting as many bosses as they used to. 2) players are leaving the game. it may be a combination of both.

9. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yes, it has definitely gotten worse recently. and i don't think the player base is shrinking on kong. unless it's a bunch of alts being created and the "real" players aren't posting their bosses as much any more.

10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

ive noticed game degrade lately not as dependable which really sucks when you get alot of freezes, makes me wanna move to another game

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing that others have mentioned here. I actually think all feed filters (boss, challenge, job, etc.) have been impacted. But the boss feed definitely seems to be the worst, unless players are dropping from the game and/or not posting as many bosses as they used to.

12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i think we are losing active players which is why there doesn't seem to be many bosses posted anymore, even though this is now the most "enjoyable" feature of the game that we all like.

13. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i guess nothing is going to be done about this.

14. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yeah, this is crazy. i just checked the boss feed, and the oldest open boss was posted 23 hours ago. really? there are absolutely no open bosses older than that? i find that REALLY hard to believe.

15. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

You guys do know they could just be posting it late as well correct?

16. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

another possibility is that as players get to higher levels they tend to share the bosses privately instead of public. i for one never share publicly other than the kong chat, and only then after i have shared privately and then reduced the limit.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  17. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I have been feeling this as well. i thought it was related to the job chat problem. It seems like my feed is much smaller when the job chat is resetting a lot but, it could be unrelated. Also could be people are just less active so, they go offline and their boss disappears. Still hope there is some investigation into this. Some times I have a few as 10 bosses in my feed with some being collect rewards notice. I'm used to tons and tons more.

18. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i think most long time players (at least the ones that i'm clanned with) post their bosses, including me. i think part of the problem is that more and more players don't play every day any more for one reason or another. this would include me from time to time, but i still play quite a bit.

19. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

Why do you think its the activity?

20. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

when i'm trying to figure out game play activity, i generally look at the world boss. you can see how many days it takes for the power strikes to unlock and how many players hit it. world boss activity on day one probably is a decent indicator of how many people are playing daily. go to day two and divide by two, that would give you an average maybe that might be better than just looking at day one. watch it move up day by day eventually you will see how many people probably play at least once a week. It's not perfect. I'm sure some hitting it are alts and some don't hit it at all but, I'd bet it's pretty close.

i'm following what seems to happen during raids. at first i thought they were bringing in new players but, looking at the mass alt bans after raids, i think maybe they are just spawning alts. idk why someone would use an alt for raids unless it is to do the healing for the main and maybe unlock an extra raid for the main to join.