battle drops

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Maler, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Maler

Maler Member

i seem to remember that if you are in a battle drop tier and attack someone in another battle drop tier, you get battle drops from their tier.
    why doesn't that happen anymore ?

i know this because my levelling partner is in a tier above me, and i get only battle drops from my tier.
    kinda curious for a legitimate answer.
    thanks.

2. Maler

Maler Member

nice update concerning the battle drops. it made some light.
    weird though that there no Rare battle drops in the 8101-9200 tier, and there are in the 9201+ tier.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Indeed but this is only temporary. We should have some new drops coming out in the next little while which will address this.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

what? that sucks for those of us past those levels. we may pick up a few in the arena but players in that level range currently or that will eventually get there will be amassing many many more if they are leveling with a partner. This has been a major issue since the inception of battle drops....why would u add to the problem? You guys are kill n me here.....why add them now? We somehow managed to get by without them....why give these guys an advantage?

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Didn't higher levels say nothing to do PIMP? Yes it sux, but this might give you as well others someone to fight again? Disadvantage yes, I'm sure you are willing for a challenge.

6. polishpimp

LOL...oh I dont know.....the fact that those below me can amass a ton of these drops and possibly become as strong as me when I dont have the opportunity to do the same rubs me the wrong way. There's not much of a challenge in that....they can potentially get em in large numbers and I cant. This issue is compounded by the fact that we are already playing and always have been playing at worlds below are levels. I suppose the highest of levels could always slow down and let the others catch up.....but with the way its set up already and what it sounds as if they are going to be doing in the future.....by the time they caught uo they would be way more powerful then us. Not a very fitting reward for the players that have supported Kano the most and longest if ya ask me.

Like I've said previously...I had nearly a million battles before a battle drops came out...that equals zero drops. Now there are players with nearly many battles after battle drops were added....thats a huge advantage. Now they want to go back and add more at a stage where the highest of levels cant get them only compounds this issue. When u consider that some battle drops from the 4k level range are still being used and will be for a very long time by even the highest of levels the unfairness grows to epic proportions. In the end...the addition of battle drops screwed a lot of Kanos most dedicated players....why make it even worse? As long as everyone has to deal withe fact that there is no "rare" battle drops in a particular level range than it remains as fair as it can be.

This is a lil off track but the logic is similar. I remember back in the day when Muspel was the last world. By the time w got the next world (helheim) it was nearly a year (give or take...but easily the longest period without a new world). Muspel opens at level 820...bythe time we got Helheim players were well in excess of level 3k. So what happened was that the high levels of the time were stuck getting massive drops in muspell. Then when Kano finally got off their butts and started pumping out new worlds newer players didnt have to waste their time with the worthless Muspel drops and were gathering the newer more powerful drops at the same clip as the higher levels. (actually even faster as its easier and quicker to level when a lower level. This drove a lot of higher levels out of the game shortly after because everything they did to that point was surpassed by lesser level players in a flash (this was the beginning of the massive player decline). Then Kano started putting bosses in retro actively which compounded the issue even further.

Ever since the start of the big decline in player count Kano has been adding all the fluff aspects of the game which has allowed players to level way faster than their predecessors and pick up valuable drops and rewards along the way in an effort to bring back players. Player count has continued to drop. The moral of the story is that you shouldnt put new game changing content into a game at point to where all cant benefit equally or without at least compensating those that will be put at a disadvantage because of the update. What this does is alienate your oldest and most dedicated player base. In a biz that is largely dependent on word of of mouth and loyal customers...its never a good idea to diminish everything theyve done up to that point without giving them something in return.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  7. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Life isn't fair Polish & it never ever will be either in real life or in a game. It must be a total nightmare for the moderators of games to be 'fair.' I gather this game outlived it's perceived life a while ago, but thankfully now Kano are endeavouring to do something about it. I am as happy for levels higher than me to be rewarded as anyone as I have more to look forward to and so do they. I guess that as well as rewarding those at the top and making it challenging for them - even though they be few in number - Kano also need to do things for the bulk of the players who - evidently - are not at the top. I recall when they stretched and improved the five attributes we were all rewarded by Kano as they back filled for everyone based upon our achievements to date at that time, so we all gained on that. It would not be possible, or at least incredibly difficult, to back reward players for some random thing like drops that they may or may not have participated in anyway. I think that if Kano improve the game in some way then that is good for all players. You are in the 'fortunate' position of having played for longer than most players so you have been instrumental in it's development. Thanks to you and other 'senior' players for your input to date Polish. Surely you would like it to improve for the bulk of players and for this and other games to be 'sticky' so that players do not leave for some reason but want to contribute to its further development. I for one am grateful to all those who have helped to get this game to where it is today. I also want to see it continue to develop in the future so am grateful for the forum where we can have some constructive input. THANKS TO KANO AND ALL PLAYERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED POSITIVELY TO THE GAME. :D

8. hammer god

hammer god New Member

Is there away to make up battle drops

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Do you mean picking up some of those that are lower level than yourself? If so the Battle Arena has been suggested as a good avenue, otherwise this could be tougher unless you can lure a lower level player into taking an aggressive action on you which would remove the "out of range" level restriction.

10. polishpimp

Life isnt fair? Darn it...there goes that theory out the window...lol

On a more serious note. I know full well that the higher levels have stretched these games to its limits and beyond. I also realize that Kano often times needs to do things to maintain the balance which will adversely affect a percentage of the player population. Unfortunately for the higher levels its usually them who incur the negative impact. I agree and appreciate with your sentiment that the higher levels have been the trail blazers so to speak and are responsible either directly or indirectly for most of the updates that have happened over the years whether they be positive or negative ones. I totally get it and understand Kanos predicament in regards to it. With that said....It can go to far and has on numerous occasions. This particular suggestion/thread and similar ones are decent examples of that...in that its not an absolute necessity...its more of a want. A want that that has potentially adverse affects on a part of the player population. With the long list of "necessary adjustments" made over the years its troublesome to me that they would voluntarily compound this issue even further when its not essential for the balance of the games. Although Kano has proven over the years that they care about their players and their opinions more than most....I feel pretty safe in saying that they're in this for the money (in no way am i condemning that). But what message does it send when the vast majority of updates, adjustments and tweaks effect adversely those that have played the longest and most likely spent more than the others? In games that have been in fairly steady state of decline as far as player participation goes does it make sense to send the message that the longer u play , pay or succeed the more you are going to be penalized in favor of the newbs or lesser levels? The fact is that with all the new content and updates the number of players has still steadily declined....so whats the common denominator? Personally I cant help but think that its in large part due to Kano leaving the girl they brought to the dance sitting in the corner.

As far as making retro active reparations....yes they've done some and they have been greatly appreciated. I Understand that in some situations such as this it would be much more difficult......but it could be done to some degree based on averages. If its absolutely not possible or feasible that Kano make some type of retro active reparations in regards to a particular update than the least Kano should do is make it up to the ones adversely affected in some other way. Such as update exclusively for the higher levels that would allow them at least the opportunity to make up some of the ground they will have lost due to an update which gave others an a opportunity.advantage they didnt get. Do u remember why the battle arena came to be? This was supposed to be an update for the highest of levels...a free for all battle to the death which allowed us to flex our muscles. Needless to say but u can see how that turned out. Its a watered down version of what it was claimed it would be that handicaps the higher level more so than any other aspect of the games. It rewards inactivity, defense much more than attack and allows lower levels to do things they would never be able to get in the regular game. Sure....the higher levels still normally win but by the time they do they will have spent nearly as much or in some cases more than they can get in rewards. Even with the excessive handicaps and the lack luster rewards they diminish ones success in the arena even further by rewarding achievements for the top percentages of players rather than the actual rankings of players. Thats just salt in the wound if u ask me. Promoting inactivity and rewarding it while not properly recognizing and rewarding those that it was actually designed for makes no sense . Its just another slap in the face of the 'trail blazers" that have stuck with Kano from their beginnings.

11. Maler

Maler Member

is it me, or the battle drops stats keep decreasing with level ?
    i mean, the difference between Rare and Common is not that great; whats more, the difference between tiers is also getting smaller.

12. Zvonimir Bojkovic

Zvonimir Bojkovic New Member

Polishpimp laconism