[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Stamina is part of it. There is alot of strategy involved. But that's something you'll have to learn on your own. In Kano Server 2, before all the changes, there were people level 2000-4500 who could easily finish top 5 in the arena. It's not all about how high your level is. It's about how you allocate skill points and how smart you are when attacking people.

I'm in 1st place in Kano Server 2, and finished in 6th place this time.

Lasinagol and Kirsten like this.
  2. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

With the changes and our new arena - my view is that you try to find a target and then proceed to attack until they're dead or you have no more stamina. I suppose you try to find a target that'll actually die and give you a health boost - I guess this amounts to strategy of sorts. Seems like it was "trickier" to do well in the "old" arena; like a more balanced well crafted character mattered more than the amount of stamina you could spend, and, as GMF mentioned, even lower level chars managed to place.

George Burd likes this.
  3. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

One wonders if Kano is even reading this. While I rail against a small vocal minority at times I would appreciate at least an acknowledgement of the posts made. In my opinion the new format is boring and its contributing to my loss of interest in the game. That and the use of Auto Clickers and other enchancements by a large group of players

4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

that is nothing new. autoclickers, bots, etc. have been a problem in the regular game and wars as well, not just the arena. i try not to let it bother me, but it looks like these changes are here to stay for whatever reason.

5. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

If you want to ask them about something or if they will change things. Then just post where they have last posted. Cents when KANO seems to be done with one group of post, they don't look back again. I learned that some time ago with the Raid Boss.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

I've got a small update about the Battle Arena for you. I've been under a bit of a hold order while the developers examined and reviewed the Arena and I can tell you that this current version of the Battle Arena that you've been experiencing for the last couple of events is the version that we'll be sticking with.

The developers will be fixing any bugs or issues that pop up but they are not anticipating making any further changes. This version of the Battle Arena will be making its way to the other three games within the next few months once we hammer out a schedule that gives players plenty of notice.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

sad...

George Burd and Birkebeiner like this.
  8. Birkebeiner

Could you reflect on the reasons for sticking with this version?
    I recall your/Kano's initial assessment was that it was a "lemon" and that it would not be foisted on us again - now it's permanent.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The developers feel like this version of the Arena strikes a reasonable balance between the changes we were trying out based on prior community sentiment and the feedback we received during the previous revisions.

The lemon I was referring to was the original attempt at changing the Arena in late November, not any of the subsequent follow ups.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree with the developers and am very disappointed. I am afraid that this is already reflected by my reduced playing time. Thank you for listening to one of your best customers. One feels that you almost want me gone.

kevinmalo likes this.
  11. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

well they must have missed this forum........ it is very clear most of us dont want it permanent, and changing the other games??? no please, they are crazy (wrong) sorry

12. Birkebeiner

The current BA is merely an iteration of the post "old" BA, which was itself an iteration of the original BA...

The lemon remains.

All the aspects of the lemon remain - there have only been minor changes.

The lemon will cause an ever larger divide between high and low level players. In turn, this will make it even harder for Kano to entertain the elite.

The lemon offers up the opportunity to mechanically dump stamina - really there is no strategy here. There's no challenge and no uncertainty - it's not a game and it's not fun (over time).

I thought when you called it a "lemon" it was insightful - I'm not impressed that it remains.

I won't get into aspects of being deceitful or anything like that - my guild leader at the time, Justgiver, identified the situation, said what he thought (I imagine he was banned from ever posting again) and left - he didn't tolerate injustice (there might have been something in his name to "give the game away"). It probably wouldn't do anyone much good if I followed in Justy's footsteps, maybe then our guild would lose two leaders over this topic - anyhow, I personally feel integrity is important but I'm not focused on expecting it from others.

kevinmalo likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Waiting for the latest changes coming to PC ;). Quite a few are interested :cool:

14. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I will say it again, I do like how this Battle Arena is. They did change it over the months to make it work and be better. No matter what the high players will be high and get a lot higher. Not just because of the Battle Arena, but also do to the Raid Bosses. This Battle Arena does let more of us rank much better then in the past. I can even stay alive longer and level up much more. In the old one, there were times I would be killed within minutes or times I only leveled up 1 or 2 times. Unlike now I have been able to level up over 20 times. And that's just playing when it starts and when sudden death starts. And that's because I save my FPs. Also there has always been those that joined and not played in it. Because of the XP you get for just joining. I always tell my guild to join, just for the XP if they can't play in it.

Birkebeiner and Kirsten like this.
  15. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

very few i can say.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well that is your opinion, I know better :) and ya gonna have to adapt it is here to stay :p

17. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

I still think the battle arena basically pulls in the best of the 2 versions. -- Some hours of "get killed and come back"... (takes some strategy to see how many points you can build in this part of the arena), and -- Some hours of basically "The Original Arena". Battle to the last man standing.

If Kano goes back to original version only, many will complain... If they do the initial revised version, many will complain, if they do the "mix of the 2" versions with the arena ending in the version that most folks liked most.. "many people will complain"... That said, I think the current version of the arena is a decent mix of the two, with the 'most accepted' version of the two being how it ends. (and again, last time I was in town to play the arena about 3 ago, I didn't touch the first part, only played "last man standing" part and still got a top-5, so the first part is not even the crucial part.)

I will say that I don't like all the completely anonymous stuff that appears in both styles of arena and that everyone is an indistinguishable "viking", but I work with what I've got, and overall, I'll still battle in the arena.

Kirsten and Birkebeiner like this.
  18. Birkebeiner

Some very positive comments about the current version of BA above - nice to see and I hope Kano have got it right, and the people being critical have got it wrong (myself included).

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  19. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

amen to that. PLEASE put PC on the schedule next. changes are sorely needed there.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to me. The next one in LCN is in the middle of the night for me, and I would be revived to participate when I'm at work and can't play. It seems to me that the arenas are essentially the same as before the changes: I rank about the same, I get killed in about the same amount of time, and I still can't play at least 1 or 2 a month even after the changes. I will continue to not join if I can't participate. No point in allowing others to get XP at my expense when I get nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.