[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

So being Kano is a business and we all know anyone who spends ,not matter how much or how little keeps them in business for everyone, and to think Kano is gonna limit people spending is unrealistic at best.

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This isn't necessarily true. There are some players that used to toss me around pretty well, and now they leave me alone because I'm stronger than they are. Of course, this isn't the case for those that have played on a regular basis throughout the years, but it is possible to catch up to at least a few.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

You guys are right to feel this way - there's no doubt about it, but here's the "rub", BA used to be an event that rewarded relative newbies because it worked on a skill percentage allocation - this is the way BA worked while you were making your ways up the ranks (me too for that matter), now BA has been changed to favor you/us over any new players - you guys are effectively saying, don't give the new guys the same breaks we had.

There's also the fact that we, the players, change the game dynamics as we progress, so the opportunities which we could take advantage of just aren't available to new players because we, the elite, grab everything - we're acting rationally when we say don't favor the new players, but, in fact, the game is now much harder for new players to buy into - we don't need to take away their every chance of making headway. Now, whether or not we took advantage of the breaks we got isn't the point - the point is that we're fighting to make sure that the new players don't get a break - and my point is: new players are going to realize this and "fail" to pay their dues.

If all established players lobby for their own narrowly defined benefits, then all the players will fail to benefit.

I'm sure many people here have had the experience of participating and supporting failed gaming communities - let's try to make sure that new players feel they have a chance, and not only a chance when an old player falls off his/her perch. It's the "land of opportunity" that attracts the fresh blood, not the land of "you got to join the end of line and wait your turn".

George Burd likes this.
  4. Kirsten

We did not have any calendars three day monthly, bonus, dgps etc those of us playing four years or more with not even taking a day off earned everything we may have so. Like Ben said let them work their way up they have a lot of perks we never had and it did not stop us or hinder us I waited my turn

5. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Thing is, you've got these benefits now too - so it's nothing special for new players - it's not an advantage they have over you. But new players face an obstacle we didn't face - us, the established players - and, to further hamper their chances, Kano does away with an event which used to give new players a chance at meaningful rewards - an event which we took advantage of when we were new players. So, the situation is pretty simple, new players need to join the back of the line and wait for old players to drop out so that they can have a chance - this is a different situation to the one we faced when we joined - we didn't have to wait our turn - we did well in BA straight away, now there's no chance a new player can do that. We've changed the playing field and Kano have further improved our lot while handicapping new players.

George Burd likes this.
  6. ben

ben Active Member

handicap in ba really now ... i dont think so ...

Kirsten likes this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

That was very well stated

kevinmalo likes this.
  8. George Burd

even outside BA kano has made changes that hamper lower players, xp on bosses has been lowered all the players who ised to boss farm xp got there when newer players cant

9. Kirsten

But there are always new players ,my point was we got were we are with time and dedication without a lot of fluff stuff they can use the raids to rush thru the game which I do not recommend rushing in the first place it takes time to build a strong character it is not meant to be a race although some look at it that way,there are always gonna be new players and longtime players my goal is steady and smart not in a rush as it is in one of my games I have no fight list unless I get listed the other three games where I am a lower to mid player I have a fight list

10. Kirsten

How do you figure that to be ,I do not see any issue a boss is a boss is a boss

11. George Burd

3 years ago I could get 2k plus on xp fighting bosses you are hard pressed to se that now, they lowered the xp to slow people down

12. Kirsten

I have never heard that one before

13. George Burd

there are alot of odd quirks many are not aware of, there is a "unknown" ratio of skill points in stamina that you get a xp penalty as well

14. Kirsten

Who told you this ? I will ask Mitch about it

15. George Burd

I proved on kong when it started with Cricket_jumper I had 4k stamina same level as cj, we brought our strengths within he won half I won half, he always had more xp considerably more, the difference between our characters was he had a balanced skill set I had heavy stamina, we were both same on health and energy, the only difference was att and def skill allocation. a player on fb high level faced this same problem until he reached a more balanced skill set

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've never heard of us implementing either of these things, although there are a lot of factors that go into determining XP payouts.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

Well of course ATT and def skill is gonna make a diff even if you are even when winning ya gonna lose. One every so often. That is not a secret if that is what u are referring to stamina does not make u strong

18. George Burd

the player on fb had 10k stamina I believe when they changed the cap to 7k
    I am not about to start a discussion here to side track the thread and appreciate your input mitch, but as easy as I can say this is with energy, health, level equal one player with 4k stamina and the other balanced between att/def/stamina, and a equal win/loss ratio the unbalanced will have lower xp

19. George Burd

I also apoligize, I shouldnt have brought that into this thread can we move it for further discussion? I don't want to detract from serious arena discussion

20. Kirsten

As was said there are several factors crafting for one example

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.