Battle Arena - Survivor

Discussion in 'Accepted Ideas' started by Deltan, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Bianka Glaser

Bianka Glaser New Member

Wow, what a load of cock and bull.
    I asked a question to understand better, that's what forums are for. Not to be vilified and spewed on over one unfortunate choice of words.
    All I can I say ..... Get a freaking life!
    I'm outta here ..... don't need to listen to crap like that.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Deltan

Deltan Member

Please stick to the topic at hand guys, no need to belittle each others' opinions. Everyone's entitled to them, devs are watching the thread.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

"effectively only giving bullies a new base". That looks more like a statement to me. Wasn't trying to "villify" you....just replying to your post in general. If u feel "vilified"...perhaps your sub conscious is trying to tell u something. ;)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

My apologies Deltan. Originally my reply was in direct response to a comment in regards to the topic at hand but i did go on a bit of a rant...lol. So i started another thread on the subject in "general"

5. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

I've read through all 13 pages of this thread and this point has not been clarified...

Does battling in the arena put you on the Rivals List of those you attack?

If so it just gives the high level players a way of getting new victims.

If not I think it is a good idea for those who like to battle (if you can find a way to block revenge attacks outside of the arena)

6. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

In my opinion i do not think they will allow that outside of the arena. But it still will not stop someone from bountying you since they can do that at anytime if your over level 300. But even if we did not have battle arena they can still get you that way anytime. or pistol whipping you.

7. Not true. There was no option to bail out of the hired squad, which was a huge game changer. And, as evidenced by the roll out on the hired squad they were less then thoughtful in doing so. I don't have faith that Kano will be fine tuning and tweaking this new feature to make it fair and balanced for all players. Not anymore. I'm taking a "wait and see" stance on this until the details are released.

8. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

Battling in the arena will not put you on an opponents rival list.

We have talked about giving players the option of hiding their identity in the arena so players cannot take revenge outside of the arena.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  9. coolestcool

coolestcool Member

What about making battle drops specially for this, achievement for survival streak and leaderboard for the highest streak (win & survival)?

10. creekster

creekster New Member

Would it be possible to hit bosses more than just 20 points at a time. One of the drawbacks from the stamina boosts, which is really really helpful, is the large amount of pounding done all at once, its hard on the wrist.

11. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Thanks for the reply. Better have the anonymous option standing by :)

As Battle Arena - Survivor is set to start on the 2nd April:

How long will each Last Man Standing contest last?

What about start time? Obviously you have to opt in before the contest starts otherwise you could enter in the last 5 minutes with all your health intact.

Will you be using the Arena battle list as a way to test out new ideas for the regular battle list. Today with a Viking in the 300s (clan size), out of a battle list of 15 real players, there was nobody to fight in 200s, 300s or in the 400s. Not very good if I want a chance of winning or a reasonable amount of XP for my wins.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  12. so where do you go to join Battle Arena?? like fights? bosses? where?

13. DarkStratus

The placement isn't set in stone but we were thinking you will join the Battle Arena under the Fight or Battle menu, beside the Rivals list.

14. DarkStratus

Battle Arena - Survivor is not planning on starting on the 2nd of April, we haven't started developing it yet we are purely in the ideas phase. I think this was posted on april 1st :)

We will give a couple days before the contest to sign up for it. Once it starts players will not be able to join in.

We haven't set in stone how long a contest will last but I imagine anywhere from 2 to 4 days.

The intent of the battle arena is to make sure there is a lot of rivals for everyone to fight and that you will be rewarded for fighting.

15. Deltan

Deltan Member

Battle Arena is in progress and will be released soon! Moving this to the accepted bin.