Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The game was over in hours for 90% of players that entered !!! that was the issue that many people had a problem with who I had spoken to !!! NOT just about the START time !!!

It looks like Kano has had it's pat on the back from a few players that lasted in the Arena so hey let's Ignore all the constructive criticism :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its a free-for-all battle that is brand new to everyone.....what do u expect to happen? Most havent formed a strategy yet...those that did were probably wrong and its a kill or be killed atmosphere.....of course most died off early.....hell....most probably were not online when it started or chose to do nothing. If this were real life do u think it would be much different? Im thinking it would have been over sooner

3. alka

alka Banned

You mean it's not "real life". Damn, I wonder how many people you've upset with that comment?
    Next you'll be saying the Easter Bunny is a myth..

4. Oh Dear and Yes Polish Pimp "I do" and you made my point exactly LMAO :)

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Some people went in guns blazing not fully understanding the rules of the arena, when their health started to get low they were surprised to find there was no heal button, only way to heal is kill or be killed.

We will continue to listen to and act on feedback accordingly to make this feature enjoyable. As the feature evolves it is our hope that players will start tackling each arena with a new strategies that will dramatically effect their overall outcome in the arena.

6. So what

So what Member

well well well KUDOS is all i can say ...bit of a head rush for sure...the capabilities of fighting ...yep ive def missied out ....and i do feel for the ppl thats couldnt get in to play ...thats the rub

i have read all the posts and a few things i d like to add

the varience in the def was way off kilter ...or ive not understood that a strong def would stand for you....skill allocation u said in your blurb would be critical ..so im balanced...but your random factor of losses was AMAZEBALLS..... I had ppl tell me in battle with 1500 attack they won 117 fights ...eh HELLLLLLLLLLLLLO ...that aside maby you can clarify how the losses are so bad

no 2 with so many not alive ...as in there not logged in SURELY you could send their game into DEF mode so their not wiped OUT ....
    START THE GAME FOR EVERYONE in def mode and when u logg on you click yourself OUT of it ...just a sugestion ?

last the exp ..it too was all over the place ...massive for mid range levels and crap ( sorry) for higher levels ...WHY ?

thought it was a blast so well done and THANKS

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

Note: this feature is in beta and being actively developed on, thanks for your feedback and suggestions, keep them coming.

Start times - we'll be rotating start times, this means other time zones will get their ideal arena start in the future.

XP - the xp formula has been adjusted for the Zombie Slayer arena and if you have a well balanced player (have allocated into attack/defense) and you're fighting a closely levelled target and winning, you should be getting about the best xp in the game compared to other features. In any case though, if you're winning your fights your going to get good xp.

Attack Limits - there are no plans to put in attack limits.

Defensive Stance - we're currently evaluating some options to make this more useful, this includes adding a on/off toggle and small health regeneration while in this mode

@alka
    - health was reduced in Zombie Slayer as the damage from attacks is less considering your squad size compared to the other games.
    - if you observed an overall low xp it means you had more losses then wins

Strategy - yes there is some strategy required you cannot dive into the arena and attack everyone you see on the screen and hope for good xp and high rank.
    -Attacks, attack your target once to get an idea of their health, is it on par with yours, what are their profile stats like, are they prime for a kill, should you save them to your target list for later.
    -Fight List, refresh that list once in a while to get a new set of targets
    -Stats, before the arena starts make sure your skills are allocated and armed/item strengths are the best they can be, this info is shown in your arena profile
    -Kills, you need these if you want to last and rank higher in the arena, leaving things to chance and ducking out will not guarantee you a good rank
    -Friends, are you working with someone and using the find utility to target an enemy
    -Multiple attacks, are you just wasting your stamina on a target only to get the kill stolen where maybe you should wait
    -Defensive Stance, are you using the defensive stance to reduce damage received in times of heavy attacks
    -Levelling, are you using the arena xp alongside other features in the game to maximize your level ups which will result in stamina refills

badtime.jpg

8. Jessica

Jessica Member

I still want the attack formula explained too. My stats at end were 67 wins 609 losses didn't attack anyone and I had over 8000 defense. There is no way that I should lose near 90% of the fights on defense in arena if defense was working correctly..

9. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

Well i thought it was brilliant got a severe lack of sleep,chronic finger issues and the picture of Attack again imprinted in my head(all i can see when i close my eyes).
    As for the Snipers who pinched the death blow that was bloody annoying but when you got to snipe off someone else it was brilliant so that works both ways good job Kano it was Bang Tidy ;)

10. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

Here is an overview of how the attack formula works and why you lost a lot of your fights.

#1) Determine Attack and Defense Strength:
    First we add up your attack strength and your defense strength. This is your personal attack, armed items, Items carried into battle by your squad and your squad’s strength. You can see your total attack and defense strength in your profile. We then do the same for the other player who is participating in the battle.

We have some modifiers making the items you armed and the items your squad brings to battle more powerful so they are just as important as putting skill points into your attack and defence strength.

#2) Determine Attackers Damage
    When a player attacks they roll between 1 and there total attack strength. Then the defender rolls between 1 and there total defense strength. We then compare the two and that is how much damage the attacker does. If you do a low amount of damage or no damage as the attacker you still have an opportunity to do damage. The attack perk applies a minimum amount of damage to your opponent. The greater the attack strength of your armed items along with a higher % of your skill points allocated to attack the greater your minimum damage will be.

#3) Determine Defenders Damage
    When a player is attacked the defender rolls between 1 and their attack strength. The attacker then rolls between 1 and their defense strength. We compare the two rolls and that is how much damage the defender does.

#4) Determine Winner of Battle and Rewarding XP
    Now the attacker and defender do damage to one another and the player that did more damage to the opposing players wins the battle. The greater the % of damage the attacker does in comparison to the defender the greater the XP the attacker will be rewarded

#5) Reason why not attacking will result in lots of losses and why defence is still good
    We want to promote activity and battling, therefore if you simply sit there and get attacked you will lose more battles then if you attack others because of the minimum damage the attacker does. With a high defense you will lose a VERY small number of battles when attacking people. Having a high defense makes your defensive stance ability much more powerful then other player’s so there again having high defence is made useful.

We are considering adding health to a player when they go into defensive stance this will make defensive stance even more powerful thus players with high defence will be more powerful.

11. Anthony Nurse

Anthony Nurse Member

defense is overrated and should be banned :rolleyes:

12. slave

slave Member

here is my feedback on Battle Arena
    I believe Kano has a winner here, i thought gameplay was smooth and freeflowing, i encountered no glitches on my 36 hours or so of play.
    It was disappointing to get sniped on a kill but no different than getting sniped on a bounty.
    I have a couple of things i might like to see improve.
    The first is defensively (and im sure everyone is groaning on this, cuz im a proponent of defense). I couldnt tell that defense was even considered in Arena as part of the calculations. I attacked one of the top players in the game who has att/def numbers approaching if not already at 6000/6000 and my numbers paling at 3500/5400 and won at least 2-3 fights across a 500 stam block (thats a guess, hard to tell how much because you only show attacks in not attacks out and your clicking like theres no tomorrow in there). but sensibly i should not have won anywhere near what i did against that slayer, as for people attackiing me, they won more than their share with far inferior numbers knowing who some of the attackers were.

the second part i would like some consideration is for increasing the damage once you have the field trimmed to bonus payouts. After people have made the bonus payouts, its almost like a poker tourney and the ante needs to be increased so more damage is done after people have amassed huge health banks. Some people hit the bonus round with 2 billion health banks and doing the same 50,000 to 200,00 damage isnt the same on such a huge health bank. the damage amount should increase, maybe once when you hit the bonus round, again at 200 to go, again at 100 to go, and again at 50 to go.

Last but not least, i would hope for an improved payoff structure - the cash...meaningless in my opinion, i got 40x hourly (approx 150 bill)
    but when you have achieved a trillion or more, these payouts are fairly meaningless. i like the xp award, i would like to see increased un across the board, it was a bear to get to the payoff round, 1 un, chances are most people bought at least one stam refill by then.

I hope you take the above into consideration, let me tell you again i had a blast, it was fast it was fun and it was grueling, there was nothing easy about it time wise...

Slave (Pinochhio)
    Your Rank is 10!
    Rewards include:
    10 UN
    $150,428,648,000
    312,158 XP

13. slave

slave Member

when i say 2-3, i meant 2 out of every 3 fights.

14. slave

slave Member

and to mayhem and the others, sorry about the quickness, it was kill or be killed, there was no time to string people along.

15. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

I just wanted to say I had a great time playing in the arena, as exhausting as it was. I enjoyed the challenge and it was a great change from the regular game. It was a lot of fun and hard work but definitely worth it.

I agree 100% with everything slave just mentioned above, especially with the payout rewards as they really didn't match the work that went into playing. I also agree with increasing the damage dealt when the field of players drops. In addition, as it's been previously mentioned, I question where def comes into play, because it didn't seem to matter at all.

No more shines Billy
    Your Rank is 6!
    Rewards include:
    10 UN
    $71,852,676,000
    164,128 XP

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

@ Eric or other Dev. You mentioned the possibility of on/off toggle for the defensive stance, any chance u can elaborate on this some?

Personally I dont have any real issues with the defensive stance, it seems if your build is fairly balanced than it works out pretty well. But as I mentioned in a previous post in one of the other games battle arena thread I actually found that people going into Defensive stance made it pretty much a sure kill for me once they came out of it. Basically anybody I came across in Defensive stance I would put on my save list because i knew once their D stance expired they could not use it again for some time. I would just check my list regularly and as soon as I found their Defense had expired it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

I dont know if your "toggle " idea is similar but I was thinking that there could be more strategy involved if each player was given a block of D stance time based on their numbers that they could turn off and on at will. For example, Lets say that based on my numbers Im allotted 2hrs of defensive stance, some more powerful player starts whoopn my butt so I enable my defense, if and when that player stops attacking me I can simply disable my def stance and go about my game. How ever long I had my stance enabled would be subtracted from my total.

Not only might this ease the whole sitting duck thing once u come outta D stance.....I think it would bring a whole new strategic element to the game. Those that are actively playing would have a much better chance of making it into the later rounds and the more aggressive players might target the less active or idle players more.

Not sure on whether or not Defensive stance time should be able to be regenerated through some type of in-arena action or result though.....If it were able to be regenerated though I think a regeneration bonus would have to be substantially less than in proportion to how much D stance a player uses. For example....maybe an extra second or 2 of extra D stance time per win or maybe a a few minutes per kill?

Just a thought

17. So what

So what Member

I KNOW my health is huge but it didnt match itself in the areana ..ppl with half my health were only 50 000 behind my healthin the arena

am just saying all of this so i will know for the future and you did post you wanted replys

18. So what

So what Member

rubbish ....but she will always have next time :cool:

19. I agree with Slave about the payout rewards, and it was my very first concern and what I brought up first... I think that if it's a special once every so often event, the rewards should be greater because of the amount of time, stamina and possibly refills spent, I'm not talking something that's gonna break the bank, just something worth our while :p

Edit: Not to forget that there maybe a bigger turnout because of increased rewards, and more competitiveness :D

20. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I'd like a better money reward in the arena, maybe we all pay a certain amount to enter and it's split through the ranks, XP and UN reward seem fair but...
    I came 8th on fb and only got $22,907,476,000 :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.