[All] Battle Arena Automatic Entry(with a twist)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Oct 27, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

So a while ago someone came up with a good idea, but apparently it went against "free will" so I came up with a solution.

As soon as one arena ends everyone is automatically entered to be in the next arena. They are given random names, and can change that name whenever they want. There will also be an option to collect your join bonus XP whenever you want.

Here's the part I think some people are gonna love. You may back out of arena at any time you want as long as it has not started yet. Doing this will make your name readily available again, and you will lose the amount of XP you got as a join bonus. If you leave then decide you want to go back, you can just rejoin.

This will maximize battle arena participation, and keep players free will at the same time.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Considering how many players even do not pay attention to announcements, forum posts, new features etc, sounds good in theory, but....

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE FRONT PAGE. Big popup alerting everyone, and another when you go to the battle arena tab.

4. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

There's nothing wrong with the way it is now.
    There are perfectly good reasons why the numbers of participating players are dropping...people just don't want to play the arena as it's been messed about with so much that it's in ruin.

5. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i agree keep it how it is now
    also people like to enter nearer the start time as if you enter early your stats are lock ie health, if you wait till the start you can increase stats with skills before it starts

6. im the beast

im the beast Member

Supreme Grandmaster

i agree keep it how it is now
    also people like to enter nearer the start time as if you enter early your stats are lock ie health, if you wait till the start you can increase stats with skills before it starts

you are wrong there my friend ur stats only get locked in at the start of ba...tested it just this last ba as i got a new attack item and put it into my loadout min b4 the start and my stats went up def went down just alittle it was a all attack item...

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Well they don't have to really play, but the increased numbers would allow the active participants to play a bit longer and have more fun with it. There's also an opt out feature for anybody who specifically wants to stay out of the arena.

Stats get screenshotted the moment arena starts, not when you enter.

8. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

It does both, when you join, and again when it starts.

As to the original idea, it was intended for the two servers with low population, as with several of the games, a group of people control the Battle Arenas. I think this suggestion by God of Bacon quells several of the concerns by other players.

9. Kenny Scantland

Kenny Scantland New Member

good ida all players over the right level to be entered and if you dont want your chr to be in it just remove it it dont hurt anyone just helps everyone playing in the arena

10. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

It's an Opt-in event, not Opt-Out.

I don't enter if I'm not going to play, the 3% xp boost isn't enough of an incentive to join. Edit: That being said I know some people do actually join just for the bonus xp, usually when they need that little boost to level...implementing this would take away the option of entering for the tiny bit of xp when it's needed.

They need to fix their 'fixes' then numbers should start to rise.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  11. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Ya that would be good, so then there is more people in the arena and it will make the arena last longer. Also making users have more of a challenge on surviving.

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

Well, how about... Kano just puts extra targets in there without telling anyone.

Make up some stats. A few different builds at various levels. and then stick 20 of each in there for a couple extra hundred people to be killed. And dont let thees targets effect the rankings at the end.

Sure, there is no chance of resistance. but thats what you're asking for anyway.

With players quitting in droves, and the game dying, more and more we're going to need kano bots to keep thees games interesting

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

thats actually a great idea, you should start a separate thread for it cause i give it a 10