[Forums] An Idea for the "Ideas" section

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Apr 4, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

How about you actually start talking about the ideas that you're "considering" before throwing more in? Maybe give feedback instead of lying to the people that they're actually being considered.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

10 Starz Bacon 100% agree

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

heres an even better idea...how about they start considering the multitude of great ideas that have been buried in the idea section by idiotic ones that go nowhere faster than they were posted! i dont know how many ideas ive seen and thought of that would improve the game for all and require nothing but common sense to look at and say "hey, why didnt we do that from the start?" and they wonder why hardly noone that actually plays consistently wastes their time in this forum and people that used to just outright stop cause its such a huge disappointing waste of time. i only come here when im bored or trying to waste time now...sad

4. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@GoB As I've explained before, ideas are moved to "considering" when we're confident they've had enough community discussion and that it's something we think might work as an addition to the game. It is by no means a definitive list of what's on the way, but simply a sign that the community doesn't need to push as hard on some ideas. It's also not about our feedback, but about community feedback. We're interested in hearing what other players think about your ideas, and whether their interested in seeing them implemented.
    I can appreciate your frustration at the lack of transparency of our dev process, and that's something we're working on, albeit slowly. Unfortunately this is as specific as I can be right now, although I'm hoping to have some more particulars about what's coming up soon.

5. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Building on the ideas for the ideas section - might it be helpful and go a step towards meeting the above expressed frustrations - if posts are shuffled a bit into star ratings by the devs? Perhaps simply have two sections for star ratings 1-5 and another section for star ratings 6-10. Then it would be easier for both the devs and the contributors to the forum to see a simple kind of filter in operation. The ones with star ratings 1-5 are probably not going to be implemented and the ones with star ratings 6-10 are possibly worth a closer look. The contributors can then help the devs a bit by focussing attention on the higher rated ones and chew them over a bit more and the lower rated ones can be ignored a bit as popular vote is not in favour of them. Obviously an idea could change category depending upon the popular vote. Just a bit of an idea that cannot be too hard to implement for a techie surely and it could make everyone's job a bit easier. There could be perhaps an initial area e.g. this one, where ideas are actually started, then after a time e.g. two weeks or something, the thread is moved to one of the other two areas. Would something like this help people at all?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Guess they came up with own idea more artwork/calender to suffice. LOL How long that take to put together instead of a actual idea that has been in the idea section you made with no responses unless we ask. DEV QUE BS, wish in 1 hand want in the other and you give us a "Pet appreciation calendar" instead? Way to go, time well spent. Here's a pic for you!

[​IMG]

7. Terminator

Terminator Member

Don't stop believing...they will get to all your suggestions soon...just be patient....

[​IMG]

LOLZ

8. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Brosnik Having a "Hot Topics" section is definitely something I've considered, and may be something we add in the future. Good suggestions though!

@Jades As I'm sure you can appreciate, community-generated ideas are not the only projects we work on. Regular game maintenance, bug fixes, content, and support all take development time as well. We can appreciate that you're interested in having your ideas implemented, but patience is definitely important. The picture's awesome though, well played.

@Terminator Grumpy cat is awesome.

9. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Thanks Mr Toasty. Just an idea that might help devs & players alike.