Adjust the Ambush Cost

Discussion in 'Accepted Ideas' started by Lance Mustang, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Lance Mustang

Lance Mustang Member

I don't use ambushes in particular, but I believe it should be more expensive to ambush a level 300 than a level 2000. I understand why it is how it is, but if ambushes are made to protect yourself, they should be made easier to use against those who will completely slaughter you rather than someone on your fight list or even lower. I understand this will piss higher levels off a lot, but it's like I said, I don't even use them. I did to get my achievement, then a bit more simply to piss someone off. If you think about it logically it would actually help the game a lot.

2. its already based off cash flow

and if your higher level

its based off the greater of the 2 cash flows

so already they are paying more

but lets see where this goes

3. I'm not big into using ambushes either but I have to agree with this.
    It should cost less to ambush someone higher than you (making more cash than you) than it does to ambush someone lower than you (making less cash than you)
    The same should apply to booby traps.
    Shouldn't it be based off of the lesser of the two cash flows considering the fact that the lesser of the two has less cash to use in order to defend his or her self?

4. if you are a greater level

its based off the greater flow

i would assume its the reverse for the low level

5. Could be bro... I've never studied into ambush's much considering it's an easy achievement, I have exceptional defense for my level, and if I go for a high level bounty I'm more than willing to take my lashings for doing so.
    The formula for booby traps is ridiculous though.
    A level 1000 with a base bounty of 17 billion (typically much higher) can repeatedly hitlist (unprovoked in anyway) someone half their level and never put a dent or ding in their vault doing so. While the player being hitlisted has to spend 8-10 billion, 3 stam and 5 energy just to set a single booby trap on the one hitlisting them.
    I think the booby trap formula should be reversed so that the price of the trap is determined by the player with the lower cash flow

6. well the more your listed by a single player

that player thats listing becomes easier to trap

after 2 bounties WITHOUT setting a trap

the trap cuts in half

every bounty after that without setting a trap

cost for trap drops even more

7. Deltan

Deltan Member

Accepted. Good point. However it may not be implemented exactly as suggested here. It's a mid-term change for us, meaning down the road a bit.