[ZS] A Word On Kano's Stance Regarding Bots, Cheating and Scripts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi all,

We’ve been seeing a lot of talk recently about bots, scripts and various other methods of cheating, more so than usual, so I thought I would take a minute here to try and address some of these concerns.

It’s an unfortunate and very real fact that cheating is a common concern in all games and Zombie Slayer is no exception. We have several checks and policies in place to deal with players who break the Terms of Use, and we deal with them when we find them. We also understand that from a player’s perspective it’s easy to assume that someone playing suspiciously is violating the ToU, but this is not always the case.

There are several aspects of the game that may be prime targets for auto-clickers. The Battle Arena is one and we'll be ramping up our detection in that feature as well as looking to add a bit more strategy to it. We'll be looking for feedback from players on this in the coming weeks.

If you find an outside party promoting a bot or script, please bring it to our attention so we can take the appropriate actions. In almost all cases these forms of cheating are simply a way to grab account or personal information so this puts you at risk both personally and in the game. Installing a third-party script is very dangerous in any context and using them in our games is no exception.

Outside of the accounts frozen for using bots and scripts that are caught by our own systems, we also get reports from players about cheating, but sometimes players don’t have all the information. Support has a variety of tools available to dig down into accounts and find out exactly what is going on and all of our freezes are the result of many hours of investigation. What might look like a violation of the Terms of Use from the outside often has a very benign explanation.

We appreciate players reporting any suspicious activity they see to us, but most of the time these reports are false positives. Players should absolutely keep sending in reports of suspicious activity when they see it, but they should also be aware that in-depth investigations into accounts don’t always turn up cheaters because they’re not actually breaking the ToU.

In summary, please don’t use bots or scripts or anything else because we will find and ban your account. We do not condone the use of any game-altering third-party programs in any fashion, despite what some conspiracy theorists may think. The bottom line is that we want these games to be fun for our players and cheating runs completely counter to that goal.

2. ONE_EYE_JOE

ONE_EYE_JOE New Member

Should ban the ones trying to get others in trouble that are not cheating!!

3. slave

slave Member

as one of the players who has been consistently accused of cheating especially in arena format, again i hereby give express permission to Kano to use my account, share my details, especially when it comes to the tripping of the throttle.

I know there are many skeptical of my success in arena, the qty of attacks i have done, and the kills that i have gotten as a result of the those attacks, again i hope, i pray you release those details to quiet the naysayers, im sick and tired of being accused of something just because either they dont have the build for success or dont have the persistence to sit and mindlessly click the mouse over and over for minutes at a time. And that is all it is, minutes at a time, and to be able to click for those minutes someone has to have the stamina and diligence to do it. Most peopel either dont have the stamina in game or the desire to click 3000 times to take one target down, they would rather point fingers in the forum and accuse people of cheating.

please do me a favor and share my account details.

thank you.

4. RAGM

RAGM Member

i one myself am tired of being accused of being a bot or using a auto healer. i do not have a auto clicker. but i do use a pro gaming mouse witch has a sensitive gaming triggers. just because i have the fastest internet money can get me and a good mouse does not mean im a cheater and alot of other players feel the same way and get really offended when we are accused of cheated. iv based me stats around the hitlist and im a proud player of kano games :) this is my feedback

5. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I applaud you Kano, it's went on way to long. I personally, am getting tired of the cheats, scripts, bots and or clickers. Won't be an easy process, or an overnight thing. But keep up the good work, kudos. ;)

6. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

could'nt agree more...

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

screw the idiots making the accusations...the fact that your not banned pretty much says it all. I get accused of cheating all the time as well....yet have never even been frozen. Most of these people have a brain the size of a pea and are simply jealous of your success or just have way to high opinion of their own abilities and think its not possible somebody can be waaaay better than them. Whats even funnier is that most of the players that have ever publicly accused me of cheating have been suspended for some amount of time, are now gone due to being banned themselves or are prominent members or leaders of guilds that routinely have members banned.

If I were Kano Ide look into the accounts and the guild members accounts of those who cry foul the most

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."* Shakespeare's Hamlet,

8. Nelson Yoong JunNam

Nelson Yoong JunNam New Member

anyways I'm have playing not active as last time :) miss u all guys , for this topic ... I must said one thing , u've the stat & $$ ,u the winer ...in case u the pro snipe , I didn't know ..but for that I think all will tagets the sniper ^^ I did

9. STONECOLD HITTER

STONECOLD HITTER New Member

He guys it's only a game, if you are using a Bot I hope you get caught if not don't worry about it and lets play the game.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes I agree with Shakespeare

and also sounds like poetic justice when the fingers that point get banned themselves, I see it often myself lol

11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. Kano is way more pro-active in regards to alt use than they every use to be. I see players/accounts being banned all the time. Many of the accounts Ive reported have been banned. Like kano has stated on numerous occasions....most reports are false positives. Simple coincidence/timing, listening to others bias views, unrealistic opinions of ones own abilities etc etc are often mistaken for alt or bot usage. It could even be argued that in some instances that Kano has gone to far in that their efforts to combat the cheating bastards they have actually messed with quality of the gaming environment and given some player a huge edge in that they were able to do things for longer in a much less limited fashion

With all that said.... is there more that can be done without screwing with the games fluency while maintaining as much of the so called ...cough cough "level playing field" as possible? You bet there is! They can start by banning the mother accounts of all the alts instead of JUST the baby accounts. They need to sever the head of the snakes and send the message that this will no longer be tolerated.

12. ben

ben Active Member

that i agree with pimp they need to band the main acct to...

that i agree with pimp they need to band the main acct to... leave that main acct for what to make mpore alts...yes in deed they need to start banding the main acct to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.