[VC] A thought about arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lucifer, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Many will enter, one will emerge!

Battle Arena stages epic free-for-all battles between dozens, hundreds or even thousands of combatants. Eliminate other players by depleting their Health without getting killed yourself. You regain Health for every opponent you kill, so the harder you fight the longer you live. Each player receives special bonuses based on their stats and equipped items. The longer you live, the richer the rewards, including Gold, XP and Favor Points, with the final survivor winning a massive grand prize! Enter the Battle Arena and prove your might!

The harder you fight the longer you live it says right? seems not to be working that way for most...........

What if no one had a name in the arena? everyone was just a viking in the list & everyone looked just like all the others as well............

No name search in there, this way? it would be the harder you fight the longer you live & would give everyone a fighting chance in there, it would stop the wolf packs from name search & all of them taking you out, the only one's you could click on to see how their doing is the one's that attack you, that way no one could get all their friends to help take you out, to me? this would be the ideal battle arena, winner takes all on his or hers own merit & skill, instead of having to take on 20-30 different players that r playing for just 1 top dog, make sense? I have a feeling this will get a low rating because no one will like the ideal of having to depend on their self to win................ good hunting & happy gaming...........P.S. at the end of arena your game name appears, that way we know who played - - this would make it fair for all levels in the arena because it would stop all the high levels from teaming up on all the lower levels - Thanks!

One last thing even when you click on the person that attacked you? it would not show anything but the attack, no numbers, that way if a few are playing say by cell phone they could not team up on ya by seeing how many times you attack someone & also since it is the arena & winner take all the xp should be the same for everyone with no losses when you attack, we need more people playing in arena, I think all this might help - it would be great to have something in the game that is PvP again, we have a lot of fantastic things Kano has added for guilds to fight in, lets do this for the players who love to fight one on one!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  2. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

they should remove the search option in all the games .......

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

10 stars :) for all arenas, what ever happened to last man standing,groups now decide who will win with their help :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i agree this is a good idea 10 from me.

this would probly increase activity to

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

sounds good to me...10....even tho it could mean one kill and done even for me, it would make it fair for all

6. I like this idea but im also into forming a wolfpack to go after the wonder twins and their army of alts and dead accounts, either way look out in this next arena. Hopefully we are going to have something for the usual suspects.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There are parts of this idea I agree with like making the arena "fair for all" but I think this idea misses that mark.

For starters their is a difference between "fair" an creating a level playing field. The handicap that is currently in place may help to level the playing field but its hardly "fair" to those that are being handicapped more than others. If an all out epic battle to the death with one player left standing is what we want to achieve than all handicaps would need to be removed. How is it "fair" that players with far less in terms of numbers or strengths can come even close to competing with those who have much larger numbers or strengths? If a true free for all and "fairness" is what is wanted players should enter with their stats as they are in the normal game and fight other players with how their actual numbers are. If its to be truly fair than there would be nothing but a room full of players going at it with no limits restrictions or handicaps. With that said............

What the search bar does is add strategy to the game, it allows players of lesser levels and strengths to work together as a team and if done correctly increases their chances of doing well. Do higher levels use it to their advantage as well? Of course they do...as its only "fair" that all players get access to it. In my opinion removing the search bar would hurt more players than it would help. In a real epil arena battle was to take place or even a typical bar brawl its makes perfect sense that friends would team up in effort to help each other. Yes...there can only be one winner but in the case of the arena there is much more to be considered like levels obtained and numerous other rankings and their corresponding rewards. The search bar also allow players to help other players/friends who come under attack which is very strategic. To remove the search bar would be to remove a huge amount of strategy from the arena and only ensure even more that the highest of levels will win.

Unfortunately the way the battle page works in the arena is far from perfect. Its suppose to be random but with that said it can only be so random and in this case its anything but and certain players fall into what I call a cyber crack not to be seen again until nearing the end of the arena. It also seems that entire pages of players are shuffled rather than individuals being shuffled. Often times the page can be refreshed numerous times only to have they same players come up in the same order time and time again consecutively...is this random? Is it fair? No...but it what we have to work with....the search feature helps level this imperfection.

Ive never seen packs of 20-30 players working in unison "for 1 big dog"...but if they did that would be quite an impressive feat and should be encouraged. "I have a feeling this will get a low rating because no one will like the ideal of having to depend on their self to win". I would disagree with your statement here...I think This idea will get good reviews from the masses because its in most peoples nature to be selfish and not think things through completely. If fair is what they really want then we should eliminate all handicaps....do u think thats going to go over well? What is being asked for here is an elimination of strategy and has nothing to do with fairness nor will it make it anymore likely that a player other than the highest of levels will win.

Ive done what I consider decent in all 4 Kano arenas (wins in PC,VC, top20 in LCN and top 10 in ZS) despite my level in any particular game and although the search bar has been very helpful in some cases its certainly not been the only reason for my successes. The biggest key for me is the lack of strategy or understanding by others, maybe even more so that players dont take the time to man their accounts all the way through despite their strategy

As players continue to rise in Levels and grow stronger the search bar and teamwork will become even more important. some players have sprinted so far out ahead that it will eventually be impossible for any one player to take them down even if they remained inactive the entire time...this has already happened in kanoplay/ms VC once. Is this fair? Sure it is...those players have built their accounts to be that strong and are even overcoming the burden of handicaps. So even though thats "fair" like u say u want....its anything but an epic battle to the death if the winner is inactive. In addition u said all the rewards should go one player who wins.....Do u really want an inactive player to get all the rewards while all the players battling like was intended to get nothing? I agree that the rewards for winning are dismal at bestand deserves more but I certainly dont think winner should take all.

In the end....eliminating the search bar just contradicts your other stated objectives. If its all about fairness than it all needs to be made fair and I dont think the masses are going to like the impact of that. The arena in it current form is far from perfect but at the very least it has allowed players of all levels an opportunity at some degree of success. There are many other things that have been suggested here in the forums that would make things a bit more " fair" in terms of unearned advantages that I think would go much further in terms of benefiting the active player.

I understand this idea is in its basic form...maybe if refined I might change my opinion. Until then...1 star

8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

10 Stars. The Arena is little more than a joke. In facebook, there is one group that consistently wins the Arena. Each week a different member. They occupy for the most part the top five spots. And that's because they are very well organized and coordinate with each other during the Arena. They can bookmark targets and come to each other's aide when being attacked. They search out first of all any potential threats and take them out by swarming on them so these people won't be around in the final stages. Anyone who is running up high kill counts or lots of battle wins will be bookmarked by this group for elimination. That's why you see so many non-playing accounts ending up in the top 50. These accounts were no threat to the group and so were ignored until the field was whittled down. But this was not the way the Arena was intended to be obviously and since KANO couldn't find a way to stop it they wound up giving tacit support to the style of play. Lots of ideas have been thrown around to truly make the Arena an every man for himself battle as it was meant to be. Get rid of player names so everyone is anonymous. This is a good one because even if these groups communicate (which KANO can't stop) they will be blind. Get rid of the bookmark feature. Anything that prevents someone from having to battle it out on their own. Then you will truly have a battle to the last man is left standing, without any support from some group. We have armada wars now for people who want to do that. Leave the Arena to fight it out on your own.

9. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Old Salt gets it, sorry some r having problems grasping the concept.................
    Leave rewards the way they are
    Everyone can beat everyone in there now so leave that the way it is as well
    Take the average xp of everyone & that is the xp you get in battle, still way better than boss hunting
    it last 3 days so no one has D mode that last that long, in actives can only win if the active players let them
    & I doubt any lvl lets say 1500's r using the search to find a big lvl to take out, my guess if they did? its to donate their health to them
    all battles are won when you attack, the arena says last one standing - it does not say 20-30 help the last one standing win
    I have seen this for myself & even helped them to win, maybe some were not playing on those days, funny tho b/c I died on them lol

Thanks again! if your still having trouble understanding r have any more questions? feel free to ask.

10. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Here in the BA Help Section is what Kano themselves have said..........Nicknames:

Upon joining an arena you're asked to submit a nickname, this should be a different name from your regular player name. The arena is constructed to promote attacking and free for all fighting, pre-planned attacks and rivaliries from regular gameplay should be minimized by the use of nicknames. You are allowed to reveal your real game name and link if you choose in your profile view.

Strategy Tips:

Attacks
    -Attack your target once to get some insight into their health and profile stats. Depending on their health and how much stamina you have available decide if they are able to be killed or try saving them to your target list for later.
    -Remember any attack on a target will land you in their attack feed for retaliation.
    -The better your attack perk, the more guaranteed minimum damage you'll do to that target.
    -Fight List can be refreshed every 30 seconds to get a new set of targets.
    -Help from a friend is also another good way to counter attack during times of heavy attacks from one attacker. Why should they change that now ?

11. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Why change it now? well? less & less r playing n other vikings want more to play in the arena - just maybe if they thought they had a chance at winning? more would play - like I said b4 Kano has added all kinds of great things we can join in with our friends n guild mates to do, this takes it 2 PvP & will help the lower lvl's level faster so the battle list will fill up with new blood - the arena was made b/c vikings did not like having a empty battle field................

Want something to do with your pals? try the new guild wars, its a blast & your whole guild can join in.................Thanks - next question?

12. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Sorry but I still say leave this alone and I believe to get more that actually play would be to remove all inactives after the arena is done and place actives in those spots. Then people would see that being active and playing is a good thing. So what if we have to wait a day or two just to get rewards it would be worth it in the long run

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Kano will prob do nothing to change, it does not mean I would not like to see it changed, to what it was meant to be, but I won't lose sleep over it, but Kano had to concede to the many taking down the one, when they realized that the many were gonna do it anyway, much like leveling with a partner, into the stratosphere, then complaining they have no one to fight , need new locations , etc. it is what it is, crappy.

14. polishpimp

Actually the participation numbers for all the arenas except for PC seem to be a li bit on the rise.

your argument makes no sense. U say u want more PVP , without the search option u will be stuck battling even more inactives. If PVP is what u really want then "search" em out and go for it. No search option will allow inactives to fly under the radar even longer and there will be even more inactives at the end.

What are u suggesting should happen when someone snipes a kill? Should the player that had it stolen continue to see who did it? No.... You want total anonymity right? or yes and u want to once again move further away from PVP action?

In the end the search option promotes exactly what u say u want and thats PVP. It also allows for strategy which helps the lesser levels.

If u want to promote activity then reward it while further penalizing inactivity. rewarding inactivity ensures players will continue to be inactive.

your saying you want to give more players an opportunity to win but your idea will not have that effect....how could it. The biggest accounts will be even more likely to dominate.

If u are all about fairness than advocate for the removal of all arena handicaps. that way a player like u would never beat a player like me even once in the arena just like in the game. fair is fair is it not?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  15. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Thanks Linda & you maybe right but the many you speak of? just might find themselves alone in the arena with the few friends they have to battle with, now how much fun can that be? I place well in everyone I remember to join but the way its set up now has gotten old & the numbers keep dropping, soon I will drop out as well...............inactivity as some say? might just mean they have not got to the game yet, not everyone can be on ready to battle at the same time, some work, some have school & some may sleep late lol, it last up to 3 days if need be, as far as snipping? who cares? move to next target, its killed r be killed....................if it did show who snipped? be almost like search, we all go for bounties & get a few hits b4 someone else kills sometimes - do I get bent? nope - I look for the next one but everyone plays different.............cheers!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I hear ya, on that , it lost its allure ,for whatever that was worth for me sometime ago, between sniping and the gang banging lol ,when I even bother to play I play alone, with no help or communication, but that is just me.

17. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Number of Participants:

- wow! look at those huge numbers! yeah right

18. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Lol a player like you? the way its set up now is just for players like you, you have your underlings watch to see who is fighting so you n the other twin can take them out, great skills there, can you say search bar? I know you dont want to lose that & dont blame ya a bit, its worked well for ya & if I wanted 2? I could lvl right up enough to as you say - beat a player like me -= lmao

I started this game a few times over at lvl 1 & did not have other vikings spoon feeding me when I did, I never bragged about it either, even quit for about a year once, so who are you to try & call me out? your funny - always good for a laugh, grow up dude, was you bullied much in life? get a clue & a grip - cheers - I'm done talking to you - have to write a book to make you understand anything lol.

19. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Why change it? Because you have the same group of people winning the Arena over and over. Maybe your okay with that but a lot of people aren't. The original intent of the Arena was singular. PVP. Not GVP (group vs. player). It got out of hand and KANO pretty much threw up the white flag since they felt there was nothing that could be done to stop it. But there are ways and Lucifer has spelled out a few. To make the Arena truly PVP and not some predictable group battle were the same players are constantly occupying the top spots then they should consider these changes. Many people are just playing the Arena for some experience now. They basically have given up on trying to win it. Just get some kills, get some drops, go up some levels and call it a day. It is because of this that the Arena has grown stale. Lets return it to its original intent.

20. polishpimp

lol. the number u are quoting is the number signed up so far. The last arena had 235 participants. The world bosses are usally a good indicator of how many active players are playing a game. The world bosses in MSVC have had 667 and 723 diff players attack them, that means of the active players in the game a lil over 1/3 is joining the arena. I would be willing to bet that 1/3 of active players participating is better than its ever has been in kanoplay or MS...maybe even FB.

Im in total agreement that there is a whole lot that could be done to improve the arena and promote activity/PVP, but this idea would actually hurt that objective in my opinion. There is a lot of other threads on the subject of how to better the arena that I dont remember seeing you posting on, maybe it would be worth your while to search them out so u will have a better idea of what other players are thinking....maybe then u can improve on this idea. Just a thought. I think we all want the same thing....we just have diff ideas on how to make that happen. The fact that Im pointing out why I dont think your idea will work as u intend it is meant as constructive criticism. Thats how ok ideas turn inio great ideas. I look forward to working with u and every other community member in an effort to achieve a common goal.