[ZS] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community March 3 - 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Mar 8, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! I give this last week in Dev and Community five out of five meow meow beenz!

Player Bans February 22 - February 28

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 1
    KPs2: 21

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

wall_feed_mar14_ltds_week2.jpg

New Location Coming Soon!

Where will your next zombie-slaying adventure take you? Find out soon!

zs_cover_image_mar14.jpg

Support Report with your favorite burrowing, nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

We've seen an influx in players on all our platforms over the past few weeks, both from new people trying out the game for the first time, as well as returning experienced players.

This is rad, and as a social media game studio we know this is as much thanks all our dedicated core of enthusiasts as it is to our own efforts to grow and improve the game, so kudos to you all for being awesome. We hope you'll keep helping us to make the game a fun and welcoming place for new and returning players.:)

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who kind of wants to watch the old Lord of the Rings cartoons, but won't for fear of ruining happy childhood memories

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh? Ten- Tickles! ← Highlight for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_1

Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_2

Kongregate:
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/zombie-slayer

Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/zombie-slayer-game/14869

2. domino

domino Member

what u will say about more Xp bonus? when i will reach level 4000 to go in scotland, maybe after 3 years with that tempo ...

3. Kreistor

Kreistor New Member

"We've seen an influx in players on all our platforms over the past few weeks"

I'm sorry, but we know that's not true. We can track the World Boss participation levels, and know that ZS on AG/Kong is diminishing at a rate of about 30 players per week. Mounties has been up over a week and still hasn't cracked 1000 participants. Queen is at 750, so the extra participants on Mounties are from new players that choose not to stay one week: that's 200 if you can't handle that math. The game is draining players at a horrid rate.

I have said it before, in Private. I'll say it aloud here, since you've just spouted an obvious falsehood. "It's a Fighting Game" is killing your player base. It creates the same atmosphere of abuse that destroyed Ultima Online almost two decades ago, and led to the current Opt-In PvP preference of most MMORPG's. You have ignored that history, and your games are dying for the same reasons. Players do not pay to be abused. Check your marketing model. I don't think actual performance is living up to the model's predictions.

Instead of trying to convince us that an unhealthy game is not dying, you need to listen to the players that are leaving the game. They can tell you why they are quitting. You need to know. You need to listen.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

World Boss participation isn't exactly the most accurate way to track overall participation in the games. While the World Bosses do get hit by a lot of players, there are some that don't hit the Bosses and therefor aren't counted even though they are active and participating in the game as a whole. :)

Our statistics have shown that there has been an uptick in players joining the game and players returning week over week and we're constantly working with out network partners to get more promotions and drive people to the games.

5. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

This game has been on other servers for years. Yes, all the other ZS servers have way less than they used to, but Facebook at least has been pretty steady in levels for months now. Kong/AG is another story. I agree, it is losing numbers, and a lot. It is very worrying.

This game is a fighting game. Outbreaks take seconds to do, killing bosses is quick, so what else is there? Aside from upgrading your gear, challenges, and clicking assists, it's just PvP left. Your play style is a minority. It's fine if you want to play that way. I like the ambushes on me, but you are introduced to fighting almost from the get go and is a large part of most players play time.

I do agree that Kano needs to listen to their players, which does not happen nearly enough.

I agree that the World Boss participants is not definitive but it's a pretty good general indicator as to the active population of the server. I can see new players not attacking the World Boss, if they don't know what it is, but the amount of people who do not attack it must be pretty small... there isn't really a reason not to attack it. Regardless, World Boss participation levels has declined sharply over 5 months on Kong/AG. 6k to less than 1k.

Here are the World Boss participation numbers on Facebook, Kong/AG, and MS/KP2

Facebook
    Circus Freak: 5388
    London Detective: 5420
    Teen Popstar: 5284
    Canadian Mounty: 5430
    Carnival Queen: 5645

Kong/AG
    Circus Freak: 1113
    London Detective: 1061
    Teen Popstar: 1028
    Canadian Mounty: 969
    Carnival Queen: 807

MS/KP2
    Circus Freak: 542
    London Detective: 527
    Teen Popstar: 549
    Canadian Mounty: 541
    Carnival Queen: 479

Obviously Facebook is doing just fine. Yes, numbers are increasing there, however, Kong/AG has been declining, since it started, and I don't think a World Boss has ever increased in participation from the previous World Boss. If you ignore those mysterious players that don't attack the World Boss for some reason, even at least once, there are less and less people attacking it on Kong/AG. I doubt the missing players are just suddenly not attacking the world boss.

KP2 is remaining steady, somehow, considering hundreds have been banned since it moved from MS.

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The releasing of the new location has been delayed for the next weeks?

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I don't think it was ever planned for release this week, but it should be out next week. :)