[ZS] TGIF...This week in Dev and Community June 24 - 28

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 29, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! It’s time for the weekly wrap-up of what happened in Dev and Community!

Player Bans June 14 - June 20

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 4
    MS: 6

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

Canada Day Holiday

Just a quick reminder that this upcoming Monday July 1 is a holiday up here in good old Canada, so we won’t be back at work until Tuesday. That means that Support will be a little behind next week (and after having just gotten caught up with Myspace requests, too!) and you won’t see my friendly avatar on Monday. The mods will still be patrolling the forums, so be on your best behavior! :)

New Limited Items!

We have new Limited Items out this week! If you want them, they're available now!

wall_feed_june13_ltds_week5.jpg

Support Report with your favorite burrowing, nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Hey players, long time no see! We've been slammed in Support for the past couple of weeks, but the backlog has finally gotten cleared and we should be back to normal response times from here on out. Thank you to everyone for their patience while we worked to get all of our former Myspace players set up on the new Kano Play site, it's been a bit of a bumpy ride, but things should go much smoother from here on out.

A note to our former Myspace players! If you are having trouble accessing your game on Kano Play and have not been able to reset your password, let us know, but PLEASE: provide us with as much information about your game as you can so we can find it. We have many thousands of records in our database and if all we have to go on is a mis-remembered ID or that your character's name was "Sam... something" that puts us in some serious needle and haystack territory.

Here's some examples of info that can put us on the right track. The more you can scrape up the better!
    -player ID number
    -name, or part of a name
    -approximate level
    -faction name
    -any old emails that may have been associated with your game in the past

Terrible Joke of the Week

This week’s joke is more of a terrible pun, but I do enjoy pun-tificating every now and then.

I have a job crushing soft drink cans. It's soda pressing. <--highlight for hilarity!

Have a great weekend, or long weekend if you’re up in Canada like we are. See you next Tuesday!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/zs_forum_tgif
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/zs_forum_fc

Kano Play MySpace: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_2

2. slave

slave Member

i have to wonder are you banning people that are currently playing or are all those accounts you tout being banned, accounts that have left the game some time ago and you ban them now to make it look like your doing a wonderful job?

there was a guy on top of the vault leaderboard this past week with such obscene numbers it makes someone wonder if you are actually able to catch people like him, he had over a quadrillion dollars, over 16 million UN, had never had a hitlist kill, and boasted how easy it was to hack this game in our fb page

anything?

3. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I'm pretty sure they rely on reports for the most part of it, there are a few downloadable programs designed for cheating on kano's games.

what they should do is download and try them out and see what they're doing to 'hack' the games, then patch accordingly.

And to anyone reading this and thinking of googling to find these programs, I wouldn't if I were you...true they may help you cheat in the game for a while, but you've also got to load your facebook details into them, who's to say these details aren't then e-mailed on to the creators? So both your game account and actual facebook account are at risk from banning or theft.

4. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

lol another thing...if they're gonna ban just one of the accounts when they find someone playing multiple accounts...ban the highest level ones, will teach 'em for cheating!

PS this "This account is no longer available" screen is BS, I know it's so we know they've been banned....but just change their avatar or something, we wanna wreck their ill gotten stats!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The exploit / developer error that that user was exploiting has been closed and any accounts that used it has been permanently banned, no exceptions. We will be following up in this weeks TGIF with a statement but basically, if you come across something let us know right away, if it is something that could be exploited (ie. getting something for free that you know you shouldn't) you will be rewarded, if you take advantage of it and when we find out your account will permanently be banned no exceptions.