[ZS] TGIF...This week in Dev and Community July 29 - August 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 3, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! It's your end of week wrap-up of what happened in Dev and Community!

Player Bans July 19 - July 25

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 11
    MS: 3

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Peep these fresh items:

wall_feed_aug13_ltds_week1.jpg

Squad Size Restriction

Due to the feedback last week on this, the developers made some changes this past week to the removal of excess Squad members. For people who are over the limit of 2,500, it is now free to remove Squad members and there is a “Batch Delete” option as well! Thanks for your feedback regarding this feature!

BC Day Long Weekend

Just a head’s up that this weekend is a long one for the Kano/Apps team, so we won’t be back in the office until Tuesday!

Faction Wars

faction_wars_logo.jpg

The first run of Faction Wars finished today on Facebook and Kano Play Myspace, interrupted only by a brief hiccup in the beginning. This was a Beta version of Faction Wars, so certain features were disabled (like refilling tokens without waiting for them to regenerate). Additionally, we allowed players to do things that they won’t be able to do next time, like hopping from Faction to Faction. This Beta run of Faction Wars gave us a lot of insight into the the changes we need to make to it, and the Official Discussion thread was rife with a lot of good suggestions from player slugging it out in the trenches. With your help, we’re able to fine tune Faction Wars even further! Cheers!

Support Report with your favorite burrowing, nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday players! This weeks been a bit of a grind, but I think we've finally put a few issues to bed that have been giving us grief for a few weeks now, so I'm calling it a win overall. :)

As prophesied by the sagacious Mister Mi7ch, the upcoming weekend is a long one. This is especially the case for Yours Truly, as I am taking off into the great British Columbian wilderness to commune with nature. I will return on Wednesday, a wiser and dirtier person, to once again take up the mantle of Support.

In the meantime the developers have agreed handle some tickets in addition to their regular tasks to help with the load. Despite the help, ticket response times will likely be a bit slower next week so thank you all ahead of time for your patience. And please try to go easy on the Backup team; they are a gentle, sensitive people.

Cheers!

Aardvark

Terrible Joke of the Week

There’s something fishy about this week’s joke...

Why are fish so easy to weigh? Because they come with their own scales. ← Highlight for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_1

Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_2

2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Could we all not have the mass delete function? I regularly clean out inactive members of my squad.

And FYI it's always free to remove people, it says it's going to cost money, but the money is never debited from your cash or vault :p

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

SSSHHHHH now you let the cat out of the bag lol :p