[ZS] TGIF... This week in Dev and Community 21/12/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! Only four more sleeps 'till Santa, as we used to say. Provided the world doesn't end, of course, but that's what I put in my letter to Santa so we're probably ok.

Let's take a look at what went on this past week!

Player Bans Dec 8 - Dec 14

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 3
    MS: 2
    Kong: 0

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

Player Bans: A note from Wonder Bread

There has been some discussion in the forums recently concerning players who violate our Terms of Use, and how we deal with those players. I wanted to quickly touch on a few of the prevalent sentiments, and because it turned into a rather large post you can read about it by clicking here.

New Paris Co-op Boss!

This cadaverous beauty used to be superficial, but know she truly cares about what's on the inside. Specifically, your insides, and even more specifically, your brain.

Meet... The Supermodel

wall_feed_coop_boss_30.jpg

New limited items!

A new week means new limited items!

wall_feed_dec12_ltds_week4.jpg

Look Awesome? Go get them!

Proposed listing restrictions for low-level players

We've had a number of complaints about newer players being able to list higher-level players with little repercussion, and as such we've proposed a change to help with this. You can read about it by clicking here.

Gift Pruning

As you may have noticed, we recently trimmed a bunch of the older gifts from the gift list, as the list was getting rather out of hand. We haven't removed any gifts required for crafting, and will also look into re-introducing some of the removed gifts from time to time as a vintage or mystery gift.

Upcoming Holidays

As you know, the next few weeks are peppered with holidays, and consequently some of us here at Kano will be taking some time off. There won't be any major disruptions, however you may see slightly less Wonder Bread activity here in the forums, as I'll be mainly focused on helping cover Support and travelling some place colder than Victoria.

Private Messages in the Forums

As some of you may know, one of the features available to you in our forums is the ability to send private messages to other members, including Moderators and Admins. This can be a great way to communicate with other players who participate in the forums, especially players who may play on different platforms.

Unfortunately, although we do our best to respond to most communications directed our way, we are unable to guarantee responses to messages sent in the forums, and as such I highly recommend contacting Support if it's a support issue, or emailing me at community@kanoapps.com if it's a community or forum issue.

I've been receiving quite a number of Support inquiries though Forum messages lately, and although I have been responding to them, I will unfortunately now need to direct players to contact support so that these inquiries go through the proper channel. Using the appropriate channels for the appropriate requests will make the process more efficient, and ultimately result in everything getting where it needs to go.

Holiday Rewards

Because you're awesome, we've decided to do limited-time rewards over the holidays as a thank-you for being so great! The first reward link will be available December 22, at 12pm through our FB app pages, or through the forums for non-FB players. For a full list of links and schedules, click here.

Support Report

Hey players, hope you had a good Apocalypse! Things are starting to quiet down here in Support as we approach the holiday. This is good for me because it means more time to work on the collection of other tasks and projects we've got on the go in preparation for 2013.

A tip for everyone contacting me here in Support! Please don't send TinyUrls or other shortened links as they often don't work for us. Save yourself a step and just paste the whole ugly profile URL into the message!

Lastly, if there is something happening that you think Kano should know about, please use the Support form to contact us. Simply addressing a comment to us in the World Chat is not an efficient way to notify us of possible issues.

Hope you all have an excellent holiday!

-Melanie

Joke of the week!

Joke of the week time! Obviously the only thing better than awful jokes are awful holiday-themed jokes. Enjoy!

What did the reindeer say before launching into his comedy routine? This will sleigh you! Highlight for hilarious answer! Click here for the appropriate sound effect.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/zs_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/zs_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/zs_ms_forum