[ZS] TGIF... This week in Dev and Community 16/11/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! While this was a shorter week because of the Veteran's/Memorial day holiday on Monday, it seemed to fly by faster than something that flies by really fast.

Let's take a look and what went on in Dev and the community this past week.

Proposed Changes!

Last week we announced a few changes in the works in hopes of garnering some awesome feedback from awesome players (that's you!)

Proposed Feature: Faction Wars

Proposed Change: Consumables (Destructives)

We've had quite a bit of helpful feedback so far, but there's still time to have your voice heard. To read about the proposed changes and participate in the discussion, click here or here!

Player Bans Nov 3 - Nov 9

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 3
    MS: 13

As always, we are committed to keeping our games fun and fair for everyone, and will continue to ensure that players are playing fairly and within our Terms of Use by swinging the banhammer where it needs to be swung.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New limited items!

A new week means new limited items!

wall_feed_nov12_ltds_week3.jpg

Look awesome? Go get them!

Facebook Offsite Game Policy Change

Facebook recently announced a change to their policy regarding offsite versions of games on Facebook that will take effect December 5th, 2012. You can read more about it here.

Running out of steam in the Battle Arena

A few weeks ago, an exploit was uncovered in the Battle Arena because of player activity, which we remedied through a couple of fixes and a throttling feature introduced earlier on last week.

The throttling feature is designed to prevent players from abusing exploits within the Battle Arena by limiting the number of actions a player can make over a given amount of time. Through testing and player feedback, we have tried to make these limits extremely difficult to hit normally while maintaining their ability to prevent exploitation of the feature.

If you have run into the throttling feature in the arena without using an exploit or similar violation of our Terms of Use, please send a message in to Support to let us know.

Mobile Link to Off-site version

For those of you who play on a mobile device, you'll be pleased to know that we've fixed the link to the off-site version from the mobile version. You can also access the off-site (full canvas) version on your mobile device by bookmarking fb.kanogames.com, which you can also put right on your home page.

Negativity around Moderators

The past few weeks I've noticed quite a bit of negativity being directed at our forum moderators for moderating the forums. While I can understand not always agreeing with moderation decisions, I would like to remind everyone that our Moderators are Community Volunteers who volunteer their time to ensure that the forums are a place players can have positive discussions and interactions. Without Moderators, our forums would be overrun with spammers and trolls and would be nothing but adult enhancement ads and flame-wars.

It's also important to remember that our Moderators are also players, and do have opinions like any other player. While we do ask that they be as respectful as any other player, we don't censor them and we do allow and encourage them to post their own thoughts and opinions.

That being said, we also recognize that our Moderators are people, and can occasionally make mistakes. As always, if you believe a post was moderated inappropriately, please read the forum Code of Conduct and let me know by either sending me a message in the forums or by emailing me at community@kanoapps.com. Please do not post complaints about Moderators on the forums, as it doesn't accomplish anything. If you genuinely believe a Moderator has done something wrong, contacting me is the most effective way to remedy the situation.

The past few weeks have also made me realize that we need better transparency regarding Moderator policies, which is something I will be working on in the next few weeks. We are also looking to grow the Moderator team, so if you're interested in helping out in the community, let me know!

Support Report

Unfortunately, Melanie was too busy this week to provide a Support Report. She had a fairly crazy week in Support because of the long weekend and a few lengthy interactions, but I'm hoping she'll have more time next week.

In Support-related news, we are currently looking into implementing new Support software in the near future, and will keep you all posted as we get closer to rolling that out. I don't have any specifics for you right now, but I can tell you that it will make Support interactions much more efficient and awesome for everyone. :)

Joke of the week!

Joke of the week time! I unfortunately wasn't able to create a new joke for you this week, however I did remember an old favourite, so enjoy!

What's usually brown and incredibly sticky? A stick! Highlight for hilarious answer! Click here for the appropriate sound effect.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'm off to Vancouver for an Xavier Rudd concert, and props to anyone who knows who that is!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/zs_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/zs_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/zs_ms_forum