[ZS] TGIF... This week in Dev 13/07/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

TGIF! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday the 13th. The weather up here has decided to be unlucky with quite the lightning storm this morning. Nobody has been struck by lightning so far, which is reasonably lucky I guess.

This is an exciting week for me personally as it marks my first TGIF post and my full immersion into the Community Manager role. We have a number of cool things lined up on the community side, and I’ll talk about those shortly. For now, feast your eyes on what went on this past week:

Updates

• New Limited Items
    • New Limited Quantity Items
    • New Single Boss
    • New Outbreaks
    • New Property

Battle Arena

We've now had 3 successful Battle Arenas, thanks for the great feedback Kano Forums. We're still developing it and have a huge list things to do based off of that community feedback. Some notable ones are to include attack/kill stats in the leaderboard as well as the possibility of lower level arenas. Please post your feedback, suggestions and arena experiences in the battle arena discussions thread.

Community Announcements

A few things to talk about in the community this week:

1. We have recently implemented a change with how our Moderators post in the forums. Moderators will now be posting with a green font colour when posting in a Moderator capacity, and using the regular black font colour when posting in a regular forum member capacity. If you have any questions about this change, feel free to ask below!

2. At some point in the relatively-near future, we will be doing a video segment called “Ask Kano.” This will be a monthly segment where we’ll be answering player-submitted questions about our games. These will be done separately for each game, and will feature me talking with one (or more) of our Devs about your questions. I’m really excited to get started on this, and to do so we need your questions!
    The questions can be about anything to do with the game, its features, story, items, etc. although please don’t submit questions about other players or factions, as we won’t answer them. We obviously can’t answer every question, but will make an effort to answer a wide variety of interesting questions. If you would like recognition for your query, please include your game name and the platform you play on and we will potentially include it when reading out the question.
    Please email your questions to ask.zombieslayer@kanoapps.com with the subject line “Ask Kano”

3. As we mentioned last week, have a new support person on the team who is both excellent and extremely capable. You can view the announcement and Melanie's introduction here. Feel free to post your welcome messages there.

That’s it for this week! Looks like it’s getting close to beer o’clock, so you’ll have to excuse me while I go take a gander in our conveniently-stocked beer fridge.

Have an excellent and jovial weekend everyone. Wonder Bread out!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/zs_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/zs_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/zs_forum