Running out of steam?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

What the heck is this?

2. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We've been having some issues recently with players abusing an exploit in the Battle Arena, so we've recently implemented a feature to help fix this exploit. Because of the nature of the fix and given the small number of players it affects, we didn't announce the change officially, although we did mention its development in our November 2nd TGIF post. If you feel this feature is affecting you unnecessarily, please send a message through Support and we can look into your account there.
    We apologize for the confusion, although this fix will ensure the Battle Arena continues to be competitive and fair for everyone.

3. jothong

jothong Member

I couldn't see anything about this in the Nov 2 update ... ?

This feature really hurt a lot of us - I had a kill stolen because of it. Please let us know how it works and we can either work with it or you can make it less sensitive so it only catches cheats.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It might be okay, I was just caught a little off guard, since I don't cheat myself, lol... I don't think it was specifically addressed in the 11/02/12 update, but I believe Kano said they were implementing a change to reduce cheating... I had a couple of kills stolen from me, too, but that happened to me before the change... I even placed higher in this one! I'm sure Kano is monitoring things and will tweak it as necessary...

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We are definitely watching the fix, and will certainly tweak it as necessary. :)