Retalliation attacks

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by CRAZYBEAST, Feb 14, 2012.

1. CRAZYBEAST

CRAZYBEAST Member

Warning: TENFOOT TIMMY ZKA is a higher level and out of your XP range. Any form of attack against this player will open you up for retalliation attacks.

Attack History: 4 attacks in 7 hours.
    ...........I NEVER ATTACK THIS PERSON AND SHE OR HE COULD ATTACK ME STILL SOO WHAT THE POINT OF PUTTING THAT WARNING FOR IF THAT PERSON COULD ATTACK ME STILL

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Do you bounty hunt? You must have went for their bounty if you didn't knowingly attack or punch them.

3. CRAZYBEAST

CRAZYBEAST Member

no i didnt attack him on the list

4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Well the only way for a higher level to attack a lower level is if you either went for their bounty, punched them or attacked them from their profile or you were hitlisted and they attacked you on the hitlist.

Higher levels can't just start attacking lower levels. Something had to be done for the the retaliation window to be opened.

5. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

maybe he is in your fight range, sometimes I got attacked by someone that is 120 levels above me on fb and I see the same warning msg

6. jon french

jon french Member

You can attack downwards at 90% of your level. You have targets in XP range at 110% of your level. Its possible he is in range while still being listed as out of your XP range.

lets say we have a level 3000 player and a Level 2700 player.

The 3000 player can attack as low as level 2700 (3000 x .9 = 2700)

The 2700 player will show targets in XP range up to level 2970 (2700 x 1.1 = 2970)

What level are you CrazyBeast and what level is your attacker?

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Also consider the possibility that you can be in a player range when they attack you and then they level out of your range. So when you went to their profile page it says out of range but when they attacked you they were in your range. I will pass this onto the dev in charge and see if we can't make some changes around how this information is displayed.