[All] mass messaging

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by neill1990, Jul 5, 2014.

1. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

this idea is exactly what it sounds like i think there should be an option added that allows you to mass message your clan mates.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

been brought up before and nothing was done but still a great idea

3. neill1990

the only one found was about sending mass messages to your armada/syndicate this one is about sending to whatever captain/mate you want to as long as you are clanned with them.

only did a quick search though so there might be one that is about this and if so please post so this can be fused with it

4. Demonik1

no, youre right but its the same concept...both ideas are great ones so i doubt anything will be done ;p

5. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Why don't you just use the feed to send messages to your entire clan? Isn't that what it's for? You can post helps for your jobs, challenges, bosses, and punches. You can post names & links in the social feed. What else is there to spam?

6. neill1990

i am not talking about spaming people. and you dont use the job board for important messages also alot of my clan doesnt read the board constantly but read there messages imidiatly and i do the same lol

the only reason i use messages are to have a private convo with somebody or to comunicate with a group of people about something important that i am not wanting a reply for:
    EX- sending my inner circle messages letting them all know i am going to be gone from x-x day or something along the l;ines of that get what im saying? not meaning send spam messages but rather messages with meaning to them

7. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

I am not saying that you personally are going to spam, I am sure many will only send out meaningful messages. However, I can see others using this feature to spam. They are going to post everything that’s already posted in the help feeds and the message feed. Then I will have to desquad and kill them. Sorry but this just seems redundant, and Kano should be spending their time on updates and changes that would be more beneficial to the game.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No clue why anyone would send that message, if I got it I'd be like WTF. This could be used for bosses though, but my guess it would get hectic real quick if have enough active players in clan/squad etc. etc.

9. neill1990

i send my 16 inner circle the days i am going to be gone for an exended amount of time because when i see somebody that is in my inner circle that isnt on for any extended amount of time without letting me know why i remove them but if they tell me why they are gone then i dont have a reason to remove them because i know that they will be back. use to lose my inner circle because of that before i started to tell them the days i am gone, but the amount of days i am gone is rare so dont have to mass message that type of message very often but when i do it is a drag.

and that was just the first thing that came to mine there are other reasons for this to be good. and as for the people spamming useless info there could be a new tab in the message area for links if it turns out to be that bad for people but i doubt it will be because alot of people post public to get more caps at least that is what i find out most of the time but could be just a coincidence not sure because dont ask that question much at all lol

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

IC is not worth anything after achieve, and if your so called friends remove for not playing for a few days LOL that's a bunch of crap, unless anal and check activity every single day .

11. neill1990

i havnt gotten the achievement yet i am only 600 bil away lol so close

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is a spin=off to the idea but only way see it useful to me. Could be used for mass messaging, but not sure how neat keep your inbox.

[​IMG]

13. neill1990

wow you get alot more boss requests then me lol

i keep mine decent after the boss dies i delete them form the inbox but would be nice to have a seperate tab and amount that can be stored in it and maybe this tab could be time instead of amount meaning the box cleans itself after 1 day or something or after the boss dies the message will delete itself either would work fine for me

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Maybe you play on non-chat platform, I play on FB, sure I could just post to all chieftains. But what I do it is share 1st with guild, then others that share with me (guild part is easy, non guild not so much=copy/paste 20 times a day) and no I wouldn't want my inbox for this deleted without me doing so, that's my send list.

15. neill1990

i play on all platforms for PC(kong/armor server- kong is my choice because it was there before armor)

16. Demonik1

i dont think reply to all would suffice, there may be people in my inbox i dont want to send a mass message to, boss links included...would be easier to select a group of people and then send the message to whomever i choose

17. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

You could have an option for "Favorite Clan" or something like that to send out a mass message/Boss. And have the names just stay there to be sent to. I have seen this with Gifts in other games so it can be done. But I do like the idea! :)