Kano/Apps Steps to Curb Cheating and Manual Freezes (All Games)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eraser

Eraser Member

As mitch said the current software works just fine. the question is are the cheats really going to be banned now.

I've personally already sent in video of myself face hands and computer screen all included clicking 10/ second over the course of a full minute.

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

aw darn I'd have stopped in to say hi in KP after the release. Note to self, check news before using resources. Ah well. I wonder if it will be enough to bring me back.............

3. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Love this! Thank you for stepping up the cheat-catching game!

To add my own thoughts:

I, too, click really fast and have wondered if it would send off some kind of bell to the "auto-clicking trap". I've gotten the math problem a few times when I was going for the kill on a bounty ... wanted to scream LOL. I think, though, that humans have irregular clicks while bots are uniform and never change pattern because they don't have fingers that get tired or cramped. This is why I try not to worry about that too much and just keep doing what I do :).

As for what Jon said, I had an account deleted a couple of years ago because my husband and I played on the same computer. Problem was, I think, neither of us ever signed out of our accounts. We used different browsers so we wouldn't have to sign out - and because we both liked different browsing companies. It amazed me that I was the one who lost my account and he didn't, but it was restored later by Cara (I think was her name?).

Right now, my daughter has an account that she rarely gets on. She just likes to do something when she's bored. I get concerned that this will cause me to lose another account even though she rarely plays and doesn't even play like I do. I'm even concerned Facebook will ban me because of it because they love banning people on a whim. (I can't even comment on pages right now because they said I did something wrong, said if I do it again I may be banned, but won't tell me what I did wrong, haven't removed any comment I've made, have every means of confirmation that I'm a real person, and have never sent me a warning about anything... so I have no idea!)

Anyway, I share Jon's concerns on that one. I do know, however, it's sometimes difficult to tell what's going on behind someone's computer, and with all the fake alternate accounts going on, all you can do is your best to stop it and try to make it right if you make a mistake.

Lastly, in regards to what others have said about the well-known cheaters, I have to say they are right. Most people in PC know who the cheaters are. We see them admitting to their alternate accounts in groups and forums and quickly deleting their admissions, we catch their little hints and clues they purposefully throw out about them that can't be proved to KANO, and we see reports we file on them go ignored. I've seen many of them lose their accounts, as well, but clearly some of these notorious cheaters have found a way to fool even KANO cheater-sniffing methods. Hopefully, this new human element will be able to see what we are seeing and finally put a stop to it. :)

4. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

---I have a thought... Is there any way we could verify that a player who was "Online!" and responsive to attacks, etc, for like 49 hours straight is not on some kind of... "Illegal substance" or something? That is a long time playing non stop! ;)

All jokes aside, I am for active attempts to catch cheaters. --- One change I would love to see is not "Accounts Blocked = 2", but rather, the actual names of the acct's that were blocked. No need to accuse without proof, but there are a couple names that if their name came up in that "acc't blocked" list, would make folks go "Ahaaaaaaaaaa...". Maybe in Mobwars, call it the "Whaaaaaaap, Got Him!" list. -- Anyway, good to see active things in the game Kano. I'm especially digging the new bosses + cities and things that have been added in Viking Clan Recently. Keep up the good work

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

So when you say today. do you really mean tommorow? I've been refreshing every 10 minutes. waiting with all resourses to level up on this new boss.

its passed quitting time at kano apps by my clock

6. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

"...who are actually using bots or cheats by adding in the addition of having a developer check over the reports generated from the programs..... "

So why not let people fight with more than one acct .... and use scripts.. i bet you get alot more action and $$$ from people boosting there now legal alt.. i wish you luck.. if ya cant beat join em... at least it would be a fair fight again... If you cant fully enforce a rule you shouldnt half-way enforce it.. remove it..(the rule)

It is to bad people have to cheat to begin with..it really is..but if you cant stop them .. aww heck who cares ..lets go get some bounties and kill some people and some bosses ... maybe do a job or two.. im out ..

Peace

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Daniel i respect your comment. But i will use a line from another forum member. Are you kidding me. If you can't beat them join them. Do you know one reason why games usually tank in numbers is because of automated devices constantly pounding on player's or ruining game play for certain aspects of the games. Simply saying if you can't beat them join them is not the correct answer. No gaming company will always get it right nor will they always catch every single player. For one player they might catch 1 or 2 might show up. But it might make other's think in the course of the long run if they lose both accounts which some gaming companies only take the one they catch away it will curb a lot more of it if both were taken away at the same time and banned. Many player who get alt accounts taken away simply start trying to build up another one again and start over to help them. Removing both will show the community kano is doing something right.

8. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

I pretty much live for the Battle Arena and, not being very big or strong, I'm putting everything into Defense just so I have a nice long time in Defense Mode, hoping to last long enough to get into the nicer Rewards tiers. On the last one, I did my 100 attacks and watched closely for anyone to hit me hard enough and long enough to warrant my going into Def Mode. I glanced away for what seemed like an instant, looked back and I was dead. How that person killed me that fast had me stymied but unable to prove how long it took him to get that many hits and losses in. I'm convinced there was an attack bot in use. I hope you pay close attention in the upcoming Battle Arena to this sort of abuse, and thank you for trying a new method to pin these people down :)

9. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

Nicely put Jon... so what does that leave .... If joining them is not an option ...then, I guess it is up to Kano to do everything they can to catch these people.. And since Kano has the most vested in insuring this app be ran a certain way that is their task... I really dont care "whats being done" .. Just like they dont care if I say .."Im working on buying more paypals"

Kano just needs to get it done .. it would be a refreshing change of pace to see people play at a human speed again

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I thought i would quote someone for a change. Who i sometimes get into arguments with. But he does have valid points. And i love that line of his always Are u Kidding me. When he shows up he will know who he is i am sure he will comment on this thread.

And Pagan Wench. Unfortuantely whoever hit you in arena probably has a bigger attack or all attack and that is why when you came out of defensive mode and watched and in a second you were dead we have all been there. With the introduction to the slider being used. Within a blink of an eye you can be killed before you know it. And sometimes i even wonder if hits are being registered in time for you to realize it or your health is already fading and the hits show up finally after your near or almost dead. But i do agree in the theory some people maybe running scripts or bots programs inside the arena itself.

11. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

the arena is where Kano should look for alts .. less worry about being reported because of the OPTION to reveal 8identity.. the alt never reveals itself...Uf Jano is serous about alt catching..that is where they should let there programs have a look see..

but then again what i just said should come as no surprise to anyone.. why hasn't it already been researched? Kano wants to scare people.. nothing invokes fear more then catching and punishing ....

Im down with it .. lets give it a try.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  12. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

what is the offense worth....a warning, 7 day ban, perm ban etc?

13. Jorge Deadman

Jorge Deadman New Member

I think that developers are thinking in the wrong way. they are attaching the consecuences and not the causes.
    For example:
    Everybody who play MobWars for a time nows that many people uses boots for make hitlist kills. These is not a secret!!! Its impossible that you put a hit and in less than one second these hit is claimed!!
    Ok, the reason for that the people use boots for do these is that the awards offered for a hitlist kill are bigger in money, xp points and achievements. EASY: Decrease the awards and the hitlist kills will not be atractive to get the chance of use a boot!!! DonĀ“t be reactive... be proactive!!!

14. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

I think this is a positive move... I really like Kano games, and see no reason to cheat. Cheating within the game provides is a unique challenge for developers, and this seems is a good evolution of the system to beat cheating. And no system is ever perfect. But if 99% of cheaters are eliminated using this system, it is successful.

I think it is more fun to figure out how things work in the game, and how to take advantage of all the tools available within the game. And there are a lot of tools in the game now, which make life easier for people like me (like the battle strength tab - thanks for that!). I've been playing Pirate and Viking clan for about 3 years now. I've seen the game keep growing and evolving. And I'll be playing for many more. Just keep the game fun. You guys have done a good job that way. Keep improving things at your own pace. It's a big job to keep the game growing and maintain balance within it.

15. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

Excellent. After months disillusioned and frustrated with the abuse of violation of terms, KANO gives feedback to player feedback. Now yes, we will see the results. Congratulations for the initiative.

16. Paul Davis

Paul Davis New Member

I have read and heard of the auto clicking system for bounty hunting , and i just accepted that i wouldn't catch so many bounties ( which is why i rarely try unless its posted in my guild chat ) . But a script for free health refill !!! Jesus hardly seems fair to me as if its true even if stopped the levels will never be taken away from someone in a game that has already been running 5 years those people will and have had an advantage over others .

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Apologies Eraser. I'll take the blame for this one because I had told Mi7ch that the location was going live and I know there are many that have been awaiting new content in ZS. Something came up while we were in the final stages so we had to hold off for the day. We hope to have the new ZS location released as soon as we can.

18. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I get this mental image of a developer dressed as some kind of bounty hunting sniper sneaking around and picking cheaters off - LOL Just thought I would share my mental image :D

19. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

its all well and good catching them ... but there are players who have been caught more than once and still playing !!!!! and they have got to keep the rewards they gained though their activites ... so they are going to continue cheating because the benifits they get are far greater than the punish they receive.

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ARE U KIDDING ME? ;)

I think it pretty obvious that any effort to catch the cheats is a good thing. Hopefully this will work as well if not better than we all hope. A lot of people have been saying for years that Kano should be taking a more hands on approach in regards to this issue....glad to see they're finally gonna do it. With that said though , one of Kanos normal responses to this and other things was always that they didnt have the resources in terms of manpower to do it. Has something changed in that department? How is Kano going to have the time to sift through all that? What about weekends or after hours?

I really dont see how its really gonna be much different than what it was. Obviously Kano will still have to have some type of software thats gonna detect and signal them to look at the data. Isnt that basically what kano had before? Their software would detect, freeze and then they would sift through the data when a player contacted support after being froze. Isnt the only real diff be that they just wont be auto froze? IDK...I just hope it works and its not going to somehow affect the flow of the game like the rival heal "tweak", the math equation or the stupid "another action" message on calendars and challenges has.

The whole alts vs family or friends on the same PC thing has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, no doubt that can be a tough one . Theres all kinds of diff alts that are use for different things. Some alts are used regularly to pester rivals, share bosses etc etc while others are cash cows that sit idle other than to collect coin for months even years until they deliver their payload via a bounty. I think in most cases if u have the data available it would be pretty easy to catch them, the toughest part would be the sheer volume of alts. I think two accounts setting and catching bounties from they same IP is a dead give away. I suppose its technically possible but I think its pretty unrealistic that 2 or more people are using the same pc , mouse and opening new tabs and catching bounties on a regular basis. Even if there is actually 2 diff people playing from the same pc....say a husband and wife....but the wife never plays other than to assist her husbands account....Thats still pretty much an alt.

Personally I think Kano should just play their own games more often, its amazing how many players readily offer up that they have alts. Its also pretty easy to tell when u play a lot and see, hear and experience all the nuances that u pick up after years of playing. For example........In the last Kanoplay VC arena there was a level 13 player that had just started that day up in the WC saying who both JJ and I were in the arena. Thats a pretty impressive feat for someone whos only played a day....lol. Weve got lots of rival but considering I was in the arena longer than that account had even played the game Im pretty sure I hadnt the opportunity to piss them off yet....lol. Kano should really just make some diff accounts at diff levels and go in undercover and mix it up, make enemies and friends and they will see it all in no time at all.

Last but not least....what need to be done is to sever the heads of the snakes. They can ban all the baby accounts they want but it doesnt keep them from just making more. The only thing thats gonna stop them(or at least make them start over)is to ban the main account they are tied to. Way to many alts go undetected because they are not being used against other players rather they are used just to feed the main account.

I guess we'll see what happens. Kudos to Kano for trying something new .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.