Issues across all games Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Unfortunately, Saturday night we had a primary database failure that impacted Social Feed, chat, and various other features that tie into the feed across all four of our games. This database failure caused some error messages for certain social feed features, such as Challenges, Boss help, etc.

There were additional issues Sunday as we attempted to reconfigure our databases which required us to disable the social feed. While we originally anticipated this being a short fix, the feed ended up being disabled for 5-6 hours as the task turned out to be more difficult than we initially thought.

In order to get things back up to where they were before the outages, we will be taking down the social feed + chat briefly at approximately 4:15pm (PST) today. The total affected time should be less than ten minutes, and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, although the effects should be extremely minimal.

I also wanted to mention that while the day-long outage we experienced in October was beyond our control, the social-feed outages experienced this weekend were more within the realm of our control. We are investigating the cause of the issue, and are working towards a set-up that will minimize issues like this in the future.

Thank you all for being so understanding about the issues, and I really appreciate our Community Volunteers and members spreading what little information we had to give them about the issue. There shouldn't have been any permanent problems caused by this issue, but if you feel your account was affected by the outage please send a message through Support with the relevant details and we'll take a look. It's also important to remember that when there are issues like this, our response time with Support unfortunately goes down as our incoming message volume skyrockets, so we appreciate your patience in advance.

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Issues now. Wonderbread up on fb. and everyone is losing as if ambushes are in effect.

Attacks against: 209 hitlist attacks in 15 minutes Last attacked: 13 seconds ago

Every single attack said the same thing. and while the damaged changed for everyone everyone got 100% greater message.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

It's not really an issue, it's a Dev trolling you all. LOL

4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

LMAO. Hey it was quite the challenge. Not many of those left in the game ;)

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Kano Games social feed is having issues and the developers are working on those issues as we speak please be patient. 11/20/12

6. Wonder Bread

*Update* Just a quick heads up, at 3pm PST we'll be bringing the social feed features down for about half an hour to do some database upgrades to help prevent the issues we've been experiencing lately.

7. Wonder Bread

@Alter Ego Yeah, that was an after-effect of my stats from testing in the Battle Arena. I apologize for any confusion caused by that, and I have since returned my stats to their former squalor.