I feel like a jerk... in fights.. because I have no choice..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JDcompy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Dear Abby,

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now. And, I don't know if it's a bug in the fight system or it is meant to be this way for some reason I can't imagine...

But for the last 50+ levels, it is the same 3-8 people in the Fight Menu. So all I do is look like a jerk attacking these people over, and over, and over, and over. Some see it as me being an ass so they hitlist me. MOST (80%) set up a heap of ambushes on me because, well, they know I'm coming. I couldn't attack for a couple of days straight because all but 1 person had set up 20+ ambushes for me.

I totally recognize that hitlists and ambushes are part of the game and I accept it welcomingly. But I feel a bit forced into these hostile situations because I have No Choice. No one else shows up in the fight menu. We all level up together so it's always us same group in the fight menu.

I thought 1000s were playing this game? :/ I don't want to be "that jerk" anymore. Is there a way to find new people? Or am I just stuck with the same group forever?

Signed,

Softie with a Proton Launcher in Tokyo

PS - Please don't add this post to the ADD ME Thread; that's a bit rude, and this is not an add request but a legitimate question.

2. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Would love to hear an admin/mod/anyone's thoughts on this?

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Kano games are fighting games, so Fight

4. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Yep, I definitely understand that part. But why am I fighting the SAME 5 people over, and over, and over again?

Is that the intention of kanogames? To be always fighting the Same people??

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The reason for that is those are the enemies within your range that you haven't added to your Mob yet. You cannot fight people who are in your Mob, so the game is populating your Fight list with the available targets. When you get higher in levels you will probably find more people who are available for you to fight.

6. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

I guess that means I've added EVERYONE but these 5 people? heh.. weird... Is it like that for you/others?

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes !!!!!!

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's definitely something we hear from time to time. My Mob isn't huge, so generally I have a pretty decent Fight list (although I get trounced because most people I fight have 800+ Mob).

Some players have arrangements where they de-Mob each other to get their daily Fight GPs and re-Mob afterwards if their Fight lists aren't stocked enough. At higher levels, Whacked Mobsters start appearing which makes it a little easier to get Fight GPs.

9. Smoke Jensen

Smoke Jensen New Member

I too have experienced the "small" fight list. I trust that as I gain levels, the fight list will include more fighters. I am unaware that on the Kongregate site, there is a "polite" attack limit. So, in order to complete daily syndicate fight points, a short fighter list means many more attacks on the few, and likewise on me/you. This is a game involving fighting. Perspective can alleviate fears of being regarded as a jerk. Attacks on me/you might be a quite a few, 20, 30, by one player (who also has a short list). Is there really a great difference between being attacked 20 times or more by one player, different from being attacked once by 20 players, one time each? It comes out the same pretty much. You are either in the hossy or dead. The game is so nice providing that heal button.

10. meezy

meezy Member

It really just comes with the territory. Once you do get more mob, you will get more targets..You just have to a bit creative in reaching your Dailies..Another thing, lots of times.talking with the other players helps heaps..if they know you're only trying to get your dailies..you guys can come to some sort of arrangement. Say, I dont know, 3 attacks at a time. You only need 10 or so to complete your dailies if i remember correctly. So, if they know you're not going to pound them, they may be a little more forgiving.

11. Henry Pfrommer

Henry Pfrommer New Member

Maybe stop playing for a day or play more often?

12. I find that I can only beat a fraction of the players on my fight list, so rather than bother them with with constant attacks I get my fight points from the hitlist. If I can't get to the hitlist due to being on phone or tablet, I have those on the fight list as back up and they hopefully aren't bothered.

13. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

If you get desperate for targets, get hit listed and then attack those who tried to kill you. A lot of them are bots and auto heal so you can pound them again and again until you reach the bot codes death limit. The "owner" might then react but not usually. As already inferred, you can also try demobbing people around your level and make them targets.