[Other] Gifts

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Aug 8, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Ok,this one is bugging me and a few others.
    Why is it when we have gifts on our wish lists,that we still receive gifts NOT on the wish lists?

If a player has a wish list,then the player should only receive gifts that are on that wish list.
    If it's not on the wish list,then obviously we don't want it and shouldn't be able to receive it.

There has to be a way to code so a player with a list can only receive those gifts and no other gifts.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Misquoted before I got beat to it :D

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I believe it has something to do with level limits... let's say you have to be over level 500 to send you any of the gifts on your wishlist... if a player doesn't meet the level requirement, then another gift will be sent to you within their level range... I remember this a loooong time ago... I didn't meet the level requirements for some gifts, so I couldn't ask for them or send them, but a higher level player could send one of them to me...

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If someone is unable to send a gift on a wish list then they're just unable to.
    It's pointless sending someone a worthless gift.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Right, but the system doesn't stop you... if all of the gifts on your wishlist are too high for my level, and I want to send you a gift anyway, the system will select one within my level range, even if it's not on your wishlist... the system will not stop me and say, "Your level is too low to send this gift, do not send a worthless gift to this player"... I believe that this is the way it has always worked, at least for the past year or so...

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

See I'm suggesting that the system DOES stop from sending someone unwanted gifts.
    If the player sending gifts is too low to send anything on the wishlist the game should prevent them sending a gift to that player.
    I'm sure players don't want to waste time with the unwanted gifts.

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Bump.......

8. alka

alka Banned

It might be something to do with sending gifts by name and not direct to a squad name and level.
    Stopping the strong weapons reaching the low levels prevents the alts from getting them...
    I see yer frustration, but I guess the only solution would be to send one gift at a time to the members appropriate level. Bring that system in and it will be bye bye to most peeps sending gifts out :(
    I don't ask for gifts these days as I find them a waste of space in my squad..