[ZS] Game Stability Fixes, TGIF Edition. 2/24

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

KANO/APPS players, we recognize the past couple months have been rather bumpy with outages that have been out of our control along with some oversights. We are starting to put process in place to ensure the quality that players have come to expect from KANO/APPS. As we grow our team we must change the way we have pushed code in the past. We are putting process into place that allows us to directly hear from our players (Ideas board for example) and have been steadily working on producing fixes and changes that directly result from Ideas suggestions. I also wanted to take this opportunity to let the community know we'll be making changes to the forum structure that will benefit you more (dedicated support area) and a community blog. The blog will be for developer updates so you can see exactly what we at KANO/APPS are doing on a weekly basis to improve the games you love. This is an exciting time! Thanks for your patience and continued support.

To that end, here are some changes made by development this week with those thoughts in mind...
    • Misc back-end changes made for efficiency and game speed.
    • hi5 Transfer plan and development in preparation for release next week.
    • Informational email sent to all hi5 players we have emails for.
    • New home page limited item display (increased height by 95px).
    • Moved hitlist cost increase from cache to persistent storage, next cache failure will not reset hitlist cost.
    • [ZS] Hired squad and stamina boosts.
    • Cache server failure Feb 23, we are investigating cause, we may have to perform an upgrade to servers but are hoping that we can do that after we get rival list info over to persistent storage as to not impact players.
    • New Social Feed filters for (Top Squad / Inner Circle / Familia) Yours and Theirs
    • Stamina boosts initially launched at 30% and was increased to 50% on Day 2
    • Inbox - long links/text were pushing the [reply] [delete] buttons off screen. These links/text now

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. The new Home Page looks Awesome... Great Job :D

3. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

hehe for those of you who didn't get this e-mail yet. It basically tells you everything you can find out on the http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?&t=6079 thread, even says to check their for updates....you should submit your e-mail address at the top of the game on hi5 though if you haven't already ;)

4. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

Upgrading the servers now? It looks like it since my rivals reset and can't get on minutes after I'm done with my GPs.

5. AnnT

AnnT New Member

gosh...do you suppose you could make those "buy these items" display a LITTLE bigger? it only takes up HALF MY SCREEN now. <end sarcasm>

and what happened to the bit at the top of Game History that showed how much <everything> I'd made or lost in the last XX hour? that was quite useful..but I no longer see it. (edited: YAY!! this is back.)

I don't know if the following is a ZS problem or Facebook, but my screens are loading more slowly (and it's consistent in the slowness).

Happy to know you're sending out the emails to Hi5 people. I'm hoping the new folks show up soon.