Bounty kills = connection speed

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Wilhelm_Meis, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Wilhelm_Meis

Wilhelm_Meis New Member

I have been playing this game a while, made 200+ levels, and I have still never been able to get a single bounty kill because my connection speed sucks. Every time a bounty pops up, I click on it, but as soon as I can hit 'attack' the bounty has already been snatched up by someone Stateside with a cable modem. I have done all I can to optimize my connection speed, but living on an island there is only so much I can do. I have a slow DSL connection (see speed test results below) but there are only two ISPs on island and both are slow.

>TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v3.6.4
    >Click START to start the test
    >
    >** Starting test 1 of 1 **
    >Connecting to 'ndt.iupui.donar.measurement-lab.org' [ndt.iupui.donar.measurement-lab.org/203.5.76.140] to run test
    >Connected to: ndt.iupui.donar.measurement-lab.org-- Using IPv4 address
    >Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done.
    >Checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done.
    >running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 154.0kb/s
    >running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [S2C]) . . . . . . 203.84kb/s
    >Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem
    >Information: Other network traffic is congesting the link
    >
    >Click START to re-test

Anyway, I just think it sucks I can't get any bounty kills in, just because of where I live. I was wondering if the game developers have entertained the idea of rethinking the way bounty kills work to level the playing field for those of us having to put up with slow connection speeds.

2. Hated

Hated Member

you could spend hours clicking "bounty" you will get some now and again, but when it comes to it, its all about the speed of your hands, .02 of a second could mean a kill or miss.

3. sln88

sln88 Member

I am in the states and have DSL connection and I can't get any bounties either