Kano Play Server Select Dropdown

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 10, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

In a quick addendum to my announcement last week about the Kano Play Backup (which you can read by clicking the highlighted words), we're bringing out a new feature to Kano Play that will tell you quickly and easily which Server you're connected to and allow you to hop between them. Here's what is looks like:

[​IMG]

Please note that this drop down will only appear if you are logged in and in a game. If you are at the basic Kano Play landing page you won't see this tab. This should be live shortly!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

[​IMG]
    10,000+ on kp server 2? ahahahahahaha!!
    You guys counting all the games put together & including the dead accounts from myspace?
    I dunno about the rest of the players here...but my head does not button up at the back!

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Those numbers aren't actually accurate and are supposed to be per game. We will update today with numbers that align better with what app stores count and base it on installs.

4. Survival Streak 0

This sounds nice, but would it not be better to base it on actual 'unique' active players within the last month or so?

5. Survival Streak 0

[​IMG]
    Oh come on now, the numbers are going the wrong way

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I don't know, we could probably make them go higher?

7. Survival Streak 0

Or just make them accurate...there is no way that 500,000 people are playing on server 2, I reckon even saying 1,000 would be a push.
    The next arena on server 2
    So out of your half million players only 95 (0.00019%) think this is a worthwhile feature....that's a huge fail.

8. Survival Streak 0

Figured out I connect to server 1 without actually being signed into facebook, just as long as I've signed into the kanoplay site.
    The downside to this is..the game won't allow you post challenge help without signing into fb...boooo

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Are you saying "boo" or "booo-urns?"

We're aware of this bug and there's an open task to fix it.

10. Survival Streak 0

I've just got around it :p

Closed the pop up window (i didn't see this earlier) that asks me to sign into fb....and it sent out the request to the feed :)

mi7ch likes this.