Zombie Slayer Battle Arena Multi-Attack Feature Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wonder Bread, May 18, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As we mentioned in this thread, we implemented a Multiple-Attack feature in the May 16th Battle Arena. We wanted to have a centralized location for feedback, and we appreciate you letting us know what you think in this thread. :)
    As always, we ask the players keep their feedback respectful and constructive. You are absolutely allowed and encouraged to let us know what you think, but we ask that you do so respectfully. We'd also ask that players not post multiple times on this thread, as the intent is to allow a variety of players to provide feedback.
    All that being said, what did you think? Did it make the arena less fun? More fun? More challenging? Less challenging? We will be examining the game data from the arena and community feedback to decide whether to adjust/scrap/keep the feature, so let us know! Note: This thread is for the Sunday, May 19th Arena

2. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

I really enjoyed it.

It did make things move really, really quick.....which could be both good and bad, depending on which side of the attack button you are on. I had talked to some of the guys who played the Pirate Clan version of a 10 stam slider....guess that was pretty rediculous.

I sat down mid afternoon, spent 3 hours on a Sunday and made 14.3 million exp, 31 more levels and had a good time with the faction. I didn't have to sit here for 15-20-30 hours and play around with defensive stance or any of the garbage. Snipers had to be on thier toes as the game moved quickly. A kill could be done in just a very short while...... yeah, I say it enhanced game play for me.

If I had to rate this change, I would easily give it a 9. I'd say maybe it went just a touch too quickly....that the pace was a bit hard to keep up with.... but hell, I ain't gonna complain too much. I got a pool table picked up and delivered to my house, laundry done AND BA complete.....all before 8 pm. I mean, that is a GREAT day!!! Kudos Kano, great change.

3. Armin

Armin New Member

well lets be honest,
    that is no way to play the Arena in future especially if you want new players to join in.
    it may be ok for highlevelplayers with lots of stamina and attackpoints but for players under level
    1000 there will be no chance to take part, they got smashed to bits in the last Arena,
    it was over for them bevore they knew what hit them,
    im level 2245, i got into the Arena from the beginning, killed off 2 players in under 5 minutes
    and then seen that so many players got eliminated quickly went into defencemode and because it was late i thought
    to myself i could just go to bed instead of playing on, woke up this morning and was in the top 150,
    so easy really,
    so if the next Arena will have the same setup then i will just start in defmode, never play and will still get
    an acchievement,
    please dont always change the setup, just make shure everything works well and im shure everybody will be happy,
    THANKS

4. raindogs23

raindogs23 Member

Absolutely loved it! The snipers were left at bay, and it cut down on the lurkers with 500 stamina who weed their way into the top 20. I wouldn't change a thing! Any more than 3 stamina attacks and it would go too fast. Any less and it would not make much of a difference from the plain old 1 attack. Great, great job, KANO!

5. im the beast

im the beast Member

i agree with blasphamy, i noticed about a hour n how fast ba was going so i just started na stop clicking and barely had enough time to use my un... i really liked it....was very fun...over 30 levels cant complain about that....

6. Just Dreym

Just Dreym Member

I got sniped so much it wasn't even funny. Got 1 kill went to the bathroom and in that 3 min break lost almost 300 mill health. I had to slap on defense real quick and thankfully a faction member was able to get me before I died. Put it back please! Losing that much health that fast is rerediculous and the smaller players have no chance at all to rank.

7. slave

slave Member

i had to think a while before i posted
    pros and cons on this change

it was quick gameplay, the non active accounts were extinguished extremely quickly, but it was so fast it made it almost completely pay to play (which im sure is kanos intent). You didnt have time to try to level in game, 900 plus were killed in the first hour alone and after 2 hours was down to 50ish. So no longer needed are the following code.....15 percent reduction of health after then hours or six hours or even two hours...if you were nt playing you were dead within 2 hours plus/minus a few minutes.

Anyone starting late, forget it, your dead or have no chance to catch up. the opportunities were gone within 2 hours.

This style of play almost completely eliminated sniper play, snipers could no longer focus on a target and camp it, 70 million health targets were eliminated in a matter of seconds...I hardly had enough time to copy the name and paste it in search at 70 million and get an attack in before it died, that is good and bad, good because most of the time i was the one killing it, bad, because now more than ever you will see the same names in the top ten and top 20 all day every day, theres no way for a sniper to get his health up high enough to break in.

changes that need to be made - notification that you are being attacked
    i lost 900 million health before i received notification that i was under attack.
    i was in arena with the page up and when it updated i had lost 900 million - please update your code for immediate notification when you are attacked, at 3x attacks even 1 billion health targets are disappearing before your code updates, set your frequency to update every ten seconds or every 5 seconds instead of every minute please

i still cant say im for or against the change, when i was playing there was more action, but it almost went too fast
    second youve made a mockery of the top 5, 10 and 20 percent acheivements, anyone that starts defensive and has 2 hours time gets all three without having to do a single thing.....again kano, that is not an achievement by any stretch, its wrong is what it is, when those accounts all started coming out they were easy kills but they all made top 75, top 100, top 50 or whatever....and it will be worse next time the majority of accounts will start in defensive and all it will do is make the active players wait longer

but im sure your happy that this way everyone in the game can get their particpation achievements for top 5 percent and you took away any real achievement by the people that actually fought their way into those tiers

Attacks 26,575
    Kills 34
    Wins 8,728
    Losses 1,905
    streak im not sure i follow you mine look fine...........

doesnt 8728 and 1905 equal 26k?

8. Wonder Bread

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone, we absolutely appreciate it. We're keeping the feature in at a 3-attack maximum for today's VC arena, and will continue to monitor feedback and gameplay and adjust accordingly.

@SS0 + Slave We are still working out the kinks with numbers affected by the multi-attack feature, and we appreciate you pointing it out :)

9. I think that you make a very good job this BA. The game was quick and fun. No chance for low levels? many low levels attacked me and they could kill me. By the way, they can play and upgrade their accounts
    My only complain is the inactive players that vegetated in def for hours and rank in top 250 with 0 attacks... and they have rewards!. Accords you, this trouble was fixed...

10. slave

slave Member

wonder bread you need to fix the defense in arena, i went all defensive in arming, and yet in arena its all offensive??

needs to be fixed now

11. slave

slave Member

um i did go all defensive before arena started, but i started arena like i was fully armed offensive....

so somehting is not quite right

not sure how this can be pooched, it s worked well for the other 30 arenas

so kano, take your rookie off the programming for this code and put an experienced guy on this and get it back to where it should be, these are programmer mistakes we are seeing nothing else....

12. Wonder Bread

Thanks for the info on this guys, we're still looking into this, and we appreciate your patience while we do so :)

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@SS there was a PC arena last night and as far as I know , as I joined but did not play, too late for me, the 3 stam slider was in play.

14. My Slayer builds on both the FB and MS platforms makes it now pointless for me to play.
    Cannot survive very long, therefore... I am out :p

15. George Bancks

George Bancks New Member

"wonder bread you need to fix the defense in arena, i went all defensive in arming, and yet in arena its all offensive??" from slave on 05-31-2013 08:27 PM

This happened to me as well in today's arena.. I was all offensive when I joined the arena. about 20 min before start I changed to all defense. I checked my profile inside arena before the start time and everthing was correct with a very high stance time. BUT when the arena started by def stance time reverted back to all offense which was very low.
    Please fix this bug.. Thanks

16. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Ok, here's my final feedback on this.

The multi attacker feature sucks balls.

Initially it was fun, but now I think it's ruining the arena, used to get a few days worth of fun out of the arena.
    Now it's over in a matter of hours. There's no point in the start in defense mode feature, cause if you're not gonna be around when it starts then you simply aren't playing in that arena.

You've turned a mini game/feature that was fun for all types of character builds into something that is purely about defense now.

17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree ....the current multiple attack system is a joke. I applaud Kano for trying it out.....but its just magnifying problems that already existed. This update promotes inactivity more than the old system. It puts waaaay to much emphasis on Def,. stance. We already knew that the lesser levels had little or no chance at all of ever winning...but at least by playing smart and perhaps a lil luck they had a chance to level.

Speaking from my higher level accounts in VC n PC.....this update is the greatest thing ever. From lesser level accounts in MW n ZS....its a complete joke. Im the kind of player that likes to be active in arena and get a few levels knowing full well I will never win...Those days are over....now theres no chance at either as active means dead in short order and Def. stance means no levels.

Perhaps it would be diff if there was a lot more players in that it would buy more time but in Kanoplay/MS participation numbers are woefully low. At the very least we should try a a 2 attack option or revert it back to the way it was until more start to participate. Maybe the number of attacks should depend on the number of participants?

18. domino

domino Member

i thinkg the BA is to be free for all no team for all
    1. no more names- random 10 digit numbers 1 sec before starting BA
    2. remove search button
    3 1 sec delay - 1 sec =1attack , boost 3 attacks- 3sec delay .
    4. list whit 3 options for attack and refresh
    5 lets the best win

19. ben

ben Active Member

your not to use players game names ...please remove the screen shot please...

20. ben

ben Active Member

send it to suport if that s what you think...