Weapon to clan size ratio

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by wtf a talking towel, May 4, 2011.

?

How many of each battle item type per clan member would be best?

1. Super Ben style: 20 of each item per clan member

9.1%
  2. Pirate Clan style: 10 weapons/warriors 1 ship/vehicle

36.4%
  3. Viking Clan style: 5 weapons/10 warriors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reverse Viking: 10 weapons/5 warriors

27.3%
  5. Reasonable average: 5 weapons/5warriors

18.2%
  6. Mob style: 1 weapon/warrior/vehicle etc

9.1%
  7. More weapons than zombie but not quite 1 per clan member

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Zombie slayers top squad system

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Siamese gets to decide who gets what for different players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Instead of hijack the top squad thread in ZS a separate topic seemed fitting.

As it stands right now on Viking Clan for every clan member you have you get 5 weapon spots and 10 warrior spots.
    On Pirate Clan it is 10 weapons and 10 warriors, 1 ship per clan member
    On Mob Wars it is 1 weapon, 1 vehicle and 1 armor unit per clan member
    On Zombies it is 1 weapon, 1 vehicle and 1 armor unit per top squad member up to 20.

While Vikings is by far by favorite game I find its weapon to clan ratio the worst out of all the games. Weapons are much easier to acquire than warriors yet fewer are counted. Either a reversal of the current ratio to 5 warriors, 10 weapons, or make both be 10 or 5 per clan member would be more sensible.

Pirates is a pain in the tyndall to amass enough mateys. Once again mateys are the hardest item to acquire..however the 10 per clan of each is consistent and so I would rate it above the ratio used for Vikings.

Mob is by far the best ratio of clan to items. It's high enough so that there is still incentive for strong players to help with difficult bosses and makes high levels of energy reasonable for drops but low enough that it isnt impossible to max out on top tier equipment if you play the game long enough.

Zombies is too far in the low direction in my opinion. 20 of the best items can be too easy to acquire in a short amount of time and thus the incentive for high level players to sacrifice the crappy XP given by tough bosses to help for the rewards is not there. (energy is kind of a non-issue to this one since the outbreak drops are pretty useless)

2. Ace

Ace Member

Well, I'll stick with the reverse Viking Clan, it's a pain to get many warriors, yet I find it a lot easier to get a nice stash of weapons. Besides it makes more sense a warrior with two weapons, than a weapon with two warriors.

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

For Viking Clan, it would be the best if 10 Weapons and 10 Warriors were brought to battles. The Mob Wars System is good as it is, it is Viking Clan, where I wonder how 10 Warriors can fight with 5 weapons.

10 Warriors and 10 Weapons would be better in my opinion.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think a balanced number of weapons to warriors is the way to go, Im cool with the 10 warriors so I think Weapons should be increased to 10. I definitely would not want to lower the numbers, maxing on each with good drops and rewards is obtainable and gives the higher levels something to strive for.

5. Red

Red Member

It´s easy in Vc how there can be 5 weapons and 10 soldiers, in Soviet russia, weapons use you xD

Dual Wield ftw

6. Das liebe Beil

And this is the ultimate proof that Eddie is Kano.

7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I like the Reverse Viking, too. But I also thought that having Ships/Vehicles would be neat, too.

8. Well there are plenty of ships in Viking Clan so that could actually be a possibility

9. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

:confused: How so? I don't get it...
    Why does that prove Eddie is KANO when Red was the one who posted?

But I like the Soviet Russia memerence (meme-reference).

10. Das liebe Beil

Well, these plenty of Ships are almost all rather weak. Some are Blacksmith Items and others adventure/challenge drops.

Kano's Longship*
    Inferno Ship*
    Underworld Dragon Boat*
    Longship of the Gods*
    Underworld Longship
    Magma Ship
    Yggdrasil Ship
    Aegir's Longship
    Njord Ship
    Aegir War Ship
    Skidbladnir
    Hero's Warship
    Fishing Drakkar
    Faering

The ones I marked with a * are still used in battles. The others simply make my inventory bigger. Counting all used ships together, I'm not even at 600 ships.

I can create some more in the Blacksmith, but trying to get enough of them to fill up to my Clan Size? Near impossible. I'd need to drop hundreds more of ships. Buying Legendary Faerings is out of the question, it would hurt my poor income too badly.

I think that a seperate item class "Ships" is unlikely for Viking Clan, it even stays unlikely when "Ships" is expanded to "Vehicles".

11. Das liebe Beil

Eddie was born in the Ukraine if I remember correctly. The Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union. Therefore Soviet history is in Eddies blood and influences Kano to let 2 Warriors fight with 1 weapon.

I love conspiracy theories.