weak random drops for freyja and underking?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by wtf a talking towel, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Posting this thread on behalf of a friend who has been barred from the forums (due to complaining by certain players?)

While the helper and owner rewards for the first two of the new bosses are quite nice the point that was raised to me was that the random drop rewards are lame and offer little incentive for players to hit hard and take out these bosses once they reach higher levels.

Personally I will still go after bosses where the drops are absolutely useless so its not much an issue for me. Also I think the issue isn't so much about the weapons themselves but that silly 5 weapons / 10 warriors per clan member thing. If the amount of weapons that could be taken to battle were raised to be equal to the number of warriors one could use then there would be a higher demand for weapon items. (or max warriors lowered down to the level of max weapons for the sake of balance and making weapons as coveted as warriors, whereas now warriors are the most desired and many weapons are as craved as a steaming bowl of tyndall)

And now the stats for the items in dispute

Elven Longblade

Attack: +50
    Defense: +45

Same attack strength as the Fire Dragon Sword, which has been around for a long time, could be useful for the newer, less regular players however. (I don't really have a complaint with this one though the person who brought this up, and several other players as well have been playing this game much longer than I and no doubt have dragon fire swords or better as their bottom item)

Dvalin Handaxe

Attack: +46
    Defense: +51

A mere uptick of one point from the woadlord drop (I know, Eddiekano is so conservative with item stat increases) so when it comes to where to dump a lot of stamina on a high level boss, players will go for the woads over this. +1 def is no substitute for precious precious warriors lol.

Any comments?

2. Also if you could please remove the ban on my friend from posting here, and also free the Siamese! Colorful characters are needed to spice up the place, it would make our debates more vigorous like over on the ZS forum

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Did anyone really expect that the Boss Drop Weapons get substantially better?

Dragon Fire Armor: 43/48
    Underworld Ring: 48/43
    Frost Tunic: 44/49
    Horned Helmet: 49/44
    Broadhew: 45/50

Sorry, I wasn't expecting the weapons to have a substantial increase in stat points, if simply for the fact that they can be dropped in large quantities.

If you could suddenly drop a weapon with lets say 54 attack and 56 defense in masses many players would feel this. Stockpile 10k of them and you can hold off many players, especially with a defense-heavy build.

I think it's better that the stats weren't increased substantially.

The Inferno Giant drops a Warrior, so I think many players will try to amass them.