[VC] October 24th Update - Kano Chat Beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loren, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Loren

Loren Administrator

Kano Chat Beta is now live on Viking Clan, here is a quick usage guide:

- By typing: /w <message> - Messages can be posted to the World for 1 Speaker, Speakers can be purchased through the Gods.
    - By typing: /g <message> - Messages are posted to your Guild, granted you are a Guild member. Guild message posts are free.
    - Filters on the right hand side allow you to Hide/Show particular message types. Filter states will be remembered on your next visit to the game.
    - A Minimize/Maximize and Close button are located in the top right hand corner. Min/Max values are remembered, so on your next visit to the game Chat will open in that view.
    - Should you choose to close the Chat Client, a CHAT icon will be present in the Game Bar. Click that to re-enable the chat feature.
    - Hover over a player to get their full name, click on their name to get options:
    1) Mute : mute all messages from this user until your next visit to the game.
    2) Report: report a user to Kano Support.
    3) View Profile : view the players profile page.
    - You can un-mute players by clicking on the Setting icon in the bottom left hand corner then removing them from your Mute list.

Additional Notes:
    - All messages are logged, so please watch your language otherwise you will be banned.
    - Messages are limited to 110 characters.
    - Posting any non-relevant link through Kano Chat is not allowed. Spam links are filtered. Relevant links include links to your Network Profile, your Game Profile, the kano/apps website, and the kano/apps forum.

Please post any feedback, or issues here and we will address them. The Group Chat feature is under construction, this will allow you to create custom chat groups.

2. A nice feature, however Im afraid this will just become filled and cluttered with add me's and no one will spend GP's to send messages other than the Add Me ones. With FB's cap on adding people I see why everyone has to result to anything they can to get chieftans. It just clutters everything up. I don't know of a solution short of making a seperate ADD ME channel for clans to use for that purpose only. That being said, I love the idea behind this and being able to send messages out to the World to see.