[VC] November 8th Update - Chieftain Search

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A long anticipated feature, Chieftain Searching, has been released to Viking Clan today.

To begin searching go to your Chieftains -> Inner Circle and scroll down until you see your Chieftains. Start typing in the name of the Chieftain you are looking for and it will suggest up to 10 possible matches in the search bar and display up to 20 possible matches within your Chieftains list.

*NOTE*: Search suggestions are only available on Facebook for the time being.
    [​IMG]

This is a brand new feature so please let us know what you think about it and leave any questions, comments or other feedback in this thread.

2. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

ooh, aah. wee hoo

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Doesn't work in Chrome :)

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Really? I just tested it in Chrome on Facebook and it is working fine.

What version of Chrome are you using and what social network are you playing on? Please let me know and I will try to sort this out.

5. Ace

Ace Member

This is awesome.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

havent checked it out yet....but if it works....IT IS A WELCOME ADDITION!

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

worked fine for me on google chrome and myspace...TY!

how about the same feature for looking up weapons, warriors and special items?

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Now its working. Might have needed time for whatever reason. Tried on the announcement ... and no luck!

9. Nice addition. Thanks.. Was wondering if such a feature may be released to be able to search the world and not just our chieftans?

10. Since almost everyone has a guild tag now would it be possible to make it so we can search via guild tag also? Like When I type RVV or CCC etc nothing comes up. It would be nice to search chieftans via certain guild tags. Thanks

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

That is a good suggestion and one that we have considered. I would say this has a good chance of being implemented but I can't give you a time frame on that other than it is "on our radar".

As for a global search, it is almost certainly not going to happen, at least at this time. That is a big can of worms to open up right there ;)

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

An update was released to the Chieftain Search.

Guild tags are now included in the Chieftain search so you can now search based on those 4 letter tags.

13. Maler

Maler Member

that's great. thanks

14. Maler

Maler Member

this would be even better :D