[VC] November 25th Update - Rival attack modal

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

You will now notice a skull icon in your alert bar (top right). This will provide a modal interface for access to your rival clans. Any issues or suggestions you may have let us know.

2. Whitelock

Whitelock Member

Love this, how long will my rivals name be up there?? just for curiosity, how does someone say, qualify, for a place in my personal rival clans? how is it calculated? number of attacks in a set time? or the number of attacks in our "history"?

3. Eric

Eric Administrator

This is the same information that you see in the original rivals view (Click Battle -> Rival Clans) but moved to alerts for easier access and better notification. Someone becomes your rival if they attack/axe slap or bounty you. Rivals will stay in your list for 24 hours, if they continue to attack within that time the 24 hour timeout starts over.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like this update....but I wish it would just go to the page rather than open a box...its simply to small. Before this update it was only 2 clicks to get to ones rival page...now its only 1 but u have a bunch of additional scrolling if u want to see everyone on the list.

Something I have always wanted to see happen to the rival page is the ability to delete a rival from the page. The rival page is already to short and rivals often fall off the list well b4 the 24 hr period is over (especially when on bounty when many players are attacking). Personally...I would like to be able to delete players off that list that i have already killed or that i simply dont have any interest in attacking such as a friend who attacked me on bounty or some very low level player. If this is not possible....how about just lengthening the page..

5. szilard92

szilard92 New Member

I agree with you Polishpimp. It's nice that we can see our rival page with just 1 click, but scrolling all the way down, especially with 30+ players on the rival page takes more time then clicking twice and getting to the "old rival" page.

Also, your suggestion about deleting players from the list would be nice. Any chance Kano will do this?

Btw, I see on facebook, but not on hi5 :-S when will it be added to hi5's VC?

6. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

It's nice to check your rivals, but nothing else. I think this is a pretty useless update.

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

This feature not only allows quick access to your rivals but you are able to stay on an adventure or boss page for example, click rivals, fight/bounty/slap/counter etc. someone without leaving the page you're on. For Hi5 if you reload the page the Rival Icon should be viewable now.

Thanks for the suggestions, will look at making the viewable list taller and adding a remove option.

8. polishpimp

Thats a good point Eric. I guess we can always do it the old fashion way as well. TY for considering the remove option.

9. I just wanted to also agree on having an option to delete a rival. As far as using the new feature I can't comment as I have had no need to use the new way versus the old way of seeing my rivals. Maybe make the rivals icon turn a different color when you have an attackable "healed" rival ?

10. polishpimp

very good idea jerome!

11. Whitelock

Whitelock Member

No but we already have a rival clans page. If this could be more of a permanent rival clans group, it would be a lot better because we all have those people that stay rivals until someone gives up... Why not rather have this rival link to show the top 5 rival clans of all time, that aren't part of your clan yet? With the remove button for old rivals that can't compete with you anymore... At this moment this update is useless as it's only a copy of what there is already... It serves no purpose other than to save one click like polishpimp said. Make it interesting, add some new feature that actually improves the game. I'd say probably 80% of your newer updates were really good and really useful in many ways.

12. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

this feature is actually more useful for the syn wars rival list, but i dont think this feature is added to this particular app yet

13. Angel

Angel Member

i would like to have the attack button in grey and disabled, if the rival is in hospital or dead.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Good suggestion, that is what was done originally we must have missed it on this update. I will get it added to a future update.

15. Maler

Maler Member

Finally. thanks.

16. Radu

Radu New Member

it's of no use as long as all in the rival list of that section have highlighted attack button as if all would have life...but they don't .

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Please be patient, we have outstanding tasks around those suggestions. Hopefully we can get some improvements out this week.