[ZS] "The Pit"

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, May 4, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I think there should be a new tab in the fight section labeled "The Pit".
    "The Pit" is an ongoing thing where people can join in whenever they want, and have the option to take themselves out after 22 hours. While in the pit you may attack anybody in the pit regardless of level. Attacking someone inside the it will not trigger an ambush. This isn't an event that starts and stops, this is something that goes on forever.

Once in it you will remain in it until you decided to pull yourself out.

You may not take yourself out until you've been in the pit for at least 22 hours.

If you attack someone in the pit and they have an ambush set on you then that ambush will not trigger.

Anybody may attack anyone they want, and there are no restrictions such as level(ex. a level 3000 could attack a level 300 in the pit unprovoked.)

This is meant for people with very small or no fight lists, or just people who want to fight more. It should help the problem of having nobody to fight, as long as there are people that enter.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

As much as I like the idea Ive got my doubts in its current form. All that would need to happen is for one high level to enter and nobody else is going to want to open themselves up to that. I guess Kano could not disclose whose in the pit until after one is entered but even then how many will a return a second time after they found a high level lurking in the pit the first time? I suppose we could make multiple pits for diff levels but then its not much diff than the regular game is now other than the No counter feature, which may not be a bad idea accept that the highest of levels will still be stuck with same problem of a short battle page. Another potential issue might be similar to what we see in the regular game with the hit n hide strategy...not that theres anything wrong with that strategy...its just not what I think your aiming for here. Whats to keep a player from coming in and kicking butt on everyone else and then staying in the hospital once a bigger fish enters the pit? Auto-heal? Like I said....I like where your going with this but it has a lot of holes in it at the moment. Will wait to rate to see if we can plug a few of them first.

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

That may be a problem in other games with a 5k attack limit and people in the 10s of thousands for levels, but this idea is for ZS. With our 40 attack limit I doubt people are going to be THAT discouraged over a few high levels. I didn't really get deep into the other games, but with a 5k attack limit I doubt that they need it like ZS does.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Like I said...i actually like the idea, and I do play ZS. I did however make an assumption that was wrong in that I thought you didnt want the 40 attack limit to apply to the pit...my apologies. That being said.....why would someone want to enter if they were gonna still get their arse kicked and still not be able to kick arse? Personally ....I can find that out in the reg game by simply messing with someone I shouldnt.

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

nah, the 40 attack limit is fine, in some ways I like it. I just feel that if you're a scrapper and want to open yourself up to people you should be able to do so. Yeah a few high levels will dominate some lower ones, and a few will hide, but that already happens in normal gameplay. This would just make it a bit easier for the fighter to actually fight.

6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

it just sounds like an ongoing arena with no winner and no rewards other than stats and levels....but since i dont play zs i will refrain from voting

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Difference is that it uses the regular attack system. All attacks would count are normal attacks, you'd still be limited to 40 per day, and your real strength would still determine victory. The only difference is that anybody involved can hit anybody, and ambushes are bypassed.