[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News Nov 30 - December 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 4, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans November 23 - November 29

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 1
    Kong/Armor: 5

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Salish Sea Crafting

A small update for those of you in the Salish Sea Location: Crafting recipes are now live!

Raid Event This Weekend!

What dwells in the briny deep? You’re going to find out very soon! The Hafgufa Raid Event is on this weekend.

[​IMG]

Power Heal on Boss Interface

A small, player-suggested update this week: Boss fight interfaces now have the Power Heal option! Instead of going up to the usual place to Power Heal you can now quickly press the button and be on your way. Screenshot example below:

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy December!

The Holiday season is upon us, bringing with it a lot of bad pop covers of traditional carols, eggnog flavored food products, and decorations that my cats keep attempting to eat and/or destroy.

A quick conduct tip for everyone: If you have an issue with someone's behavior out in the world, please don't bring it into the game. Picking fights about personal crap in the public chat won't help resolve whatever problem you have with them, and makes for a toxic and spiteful game atmosphere for everyone.

Again, we also ask that players not share personal details about themselves or others in public spaces, such as phone numbers, addresses, full names, etc. This is just about staying safe and respecting each-other's privacy.

If you want to share your OWN personal information with someone else, do it through a private channel like a Direct Message. and remember be cautious if you arrange to meet up!

Cheers

Aardvark
    who is impressed by the gingerbread house build by one of the Kano Illustrators. That is some solid confectionery construction, yo.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.
    It's impossible to put down.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774[/spoiler]

2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this was rolled out almost a week ago. but thanks for letting us know (for those of us that didn't already figure it out).

3. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

three thumbs up

4. Cisco

Cisco Member

Will the power heal button become available for battle as well as bosses?

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  5. Cisco

Cisco Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to track/see which defensive items you use in combat without someone you hit telling you?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

CaptureA.PNG

mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  7. Cisco

Cisco Member

Thank you Jades, that is the most useful thing I have learned in VC in a long time!

JADES likes this.
  8. Cisco

Cisco Member

Jades, I notice that you also have an Elixir of the Gods tab, what is that?

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

mi7ch likes this.
  10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

At that point it had only been out for two days, but the whole purpose of the TGIF post is to assemble all of the development/game news of the week into one place for those who don't check the forums everyday. So you're welcome.

On another note, thanks for handling the questions in this thread @JADES. :)

JADES likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

A friend asked me to post this>
    I cant quit figure out why a 'fri the 13th' calendar is starting tomorrow, ok- all halloween stuff on the squares too, lol. Go to the forum and tell them I said they need to have kano go through the 'concussion protocall'.. they must have gotten hit in the head during the bounty blitz.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks, that will be fixed up in the next little bit here. :)

JADES likes this.
  13. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

that's a good one, lol

14. Cisco

Cisco Member

well, the 1/2 hour calendars are always good for t pretty nice drops