[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News March 14 - 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans March 7 - March 13

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 1
    KP2: 0
    Kong/Armor: 0

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Easter Weeklong Calendar!

We’ve got some Easter treats for you next week as a certain bunny is coming to visit! Get ready for the egg hunt when the Easter Weeklong Calendar starts next Monday at 10 am Pacific!

[​IMG]

Raid Event Next Thursday, March 14

Someone has put out a contract on you and your life is in danger! Gather some allies to take the fight to this skilled assassin next Thursday!

[​IMG]

Support Report with AdmiralPenguin

We've been getting a lot of reports from players recently who have been really frustrated by the negative nature of Chat. After a lot of discussion here in Support, we've decided that there will be some changes to how we handle our World Chat Moderation.

Ideally we want to take inappropriate and mean banter out, but leave the fun rivalrous banter in. Comments that involve outside of the game aspects, like calling someone pizza face for example or telling someone their wife is employed in the oldest profession. It's totally okay to be making jokes and keeping up banter, but if someone is just trying to hurt another player they'll probably end up chat suspended. There is so much that can be done aggressively in the game, we shouldn't have to reach outside of it.

If we find that someone's behaviour is purposefully disruptive, inappropriate, or something that we'd consider harassment...like constantly telling someone they're useless, we're going to levy a chat suspension. Because of these changes, you're probably going to notice more Chat suspensions being doled out as we work out the kinks of our new Chat policies. We're also hoping that our Admin will have more of a presence in World Chat!

Please remember that we are always open to feedback, so if our new system doesn't seem to be working we'll pull back and reevaluate the situation. Nothing is set in stone! If you have any questions or comments over the next little while in regards to the Chat moderation changes, leave a comment and let us know. :)

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

I went to a new store called Moderation.
    They have everything there.

That's it for TGIF this week.. Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

3. bobbyc

bobbyc Member

4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

"[CCC] "Anyone who stays in Guild that glorified suicide bombing has no shame. Especially Americans."
    - March 20, 2016 on Kano Apps,

The Guild that glorified suicide bombing? What is this but the worst form of evil spin I have seen in my playing days.

From what I have heard, the name of one player is a sarcastic remark to this person who is painting them as the worst form of evil and is continually assassinates and defaming the character of another person or persons. In this case 24 other people on top of the 1 he targets in and out of game. In other places he defaming others including myself.

He has this pattern that if you check your records that will show he is unstable and cannot play nicely.

I do agree that C Dog should be permanently banned from the chat and the game. They detract significantly from the enjoyment of the game and have no bounds to their indecency. The fact they are presently banned yet using this forum for more of the same, says to me, he is beyond your control.

Tore Rognes and Darth Vader like this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

seriously ??? lol you have to be joking :p A ban in wc is not a ban in the forum or the game, first off. second I gotta ask again but Really???

CazG likes this.
  6. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Well I have seen it all. Let me get this straight. A member of RVV styles herself as a Suicide Bomber and I am the bad one. Then you defend it. I have defamed no one and you have completely lost it. Well since you never served nor did you smell the burning flesh in NYC for months after the WTC Suicide attacks you cannot possibly know what a name like that does to people. BTW as a Guild Leader you are responsible for that as you pointed out to me in the past.

bobbyc, Kirsten, CazG and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

that dude has totally lost his mind :mad:

8. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

LOL Larry what I told you that my post will be removed again !!! This practice is repeated every time cause their VIP crying :)))

9. Darth Vader

Hey Mich why you apply double standards ? I also pay to play -I have no right to tell my opinion ???? How long this will continue ???You removed my posts for what??? This senior called me suicide bomber but he has right to offend me ????

10. Darth Vader

I will no longer use your stupid forum because you are addicted to certain people and you helping their dissemination of intrigues!!!

JADES likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I have no interesting in hosting or moderating this particular discussion because it isn't relevant to the purpose of the forums. I probably shouldn't have let the original posts persist but I did because I believed that would cause a larger issue. As always matters of this nature should be addressed through Support where it can be discussed privately with the associated parties instead of in the forums where it turns into a shouting match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.