[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News Feb 9 - 13

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 13, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans February 2 - February 8

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 80
    KP2: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Fenrir Raid Boss!

[​IMG]

Loki’s monstrous son is rampaging across Midgard! Are you a bad enough Viking to stop him? The Fenrir Raid Boss event is on now! Looking for a walkthrough or a place to leave your feedback? Check this thread here.

Valentine’s Day Weekend Calendar!

Valentine’s Day is tomorrow so we’re running a weekend Calendar! This Calendar goes until February 16 at 10:00 am PST.

[​IMG]

New Player Kill Achievements!

The 2015 achievement roll-out...er, rolls on with Player Kill achievements! These achievements are earned by killing your opponents! These achievements will be available today in every game and to earn the ones you have passed you need to kill another player to get them to pop. Battle/Fight, Slap/Punch/Whip and Trap kills all count towards this achievement. The numbers are as follows:

Normally when we bring out achievements we want to have one or two for players to strive for, but with this release - since we are starting a new category - trying to encompass everyone from zero player kills up to the top of the leaderboard in one go would have made for some large gaps. In the coming months we can look to extend these achievements out again to get to where the top players in this category are to give everyone something to go for. :)

Beta Fish Item Giveaway!

We’re giving away a free item! Check this thread here to snag your very own Beta Fish.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

The folks in Support would like me to convey to you a brief explanation of how chat bans work. Some players have the impression that you are banned for something you have said very recently, say within the last day or so, and are rightly puzzled when they write in with that frame of thinking.

Our chat reports stretch back a couple days, and even though we try to get through them quickly, they do tend to pile up, especially over the weekend. Even if you’ve been totally polite the past couple of days, your messages from the past can still land you in trouble.

However, Support is generally very nice about giving you access back to the World Chat as long as you ask! Of course if you are a “repeat offender” then you might have to ask extra nicely with a cherry on top to get your privilege to post back. ;)

mi7ch
    Who wants Aardvark to come back so she can write these again

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Just went to an emotional wedding.
    Even the cake was in tiers.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

George Burd likes this.
  2. The Rage

The Rage Member

Mi7ch, I have a question that I have asked before and you have still not given me a response. Every week I see accounts permanently frozen. Sometimes it is 10 or 20 and sometimes it is over 100 on FB. Now my question is can you see what ISP these accounts are logging in from? Let's say I have my primary account and log in from my ISP... I also have 30 mini or alt accounts that log in from the same ISP. Can you see that ? Now if you deem those 30 mini accounts as not real or as Alt accounts then you permanently freeze them. Or if they are being used in a way that violates TOS then they are also banned. Why is the primary account that is logging in from the same ISP still allowed to play ? I suppose if someone wanted 30 alt accounts they could buy 30 extra computers but with what I have said I would assume you could do a little research and see that it may be the same people that are directly responsible for the many accounts that are banned every week. Am I correct or not , and if I am then why are you not getting to the root of the problem ??

The Rage

Lasinagol likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I have addressed this broadly a few times and I don't believe I will have a satisfactory answer for you as I do not work in Support, so I cannot divulge any information on how we track accounts or IPs, or whether or not we can track which ISP someone uses as exposing our methods could potentially make them less effective. I also can't comment on any actions taken on an individual account as that is between the account holder and Support. We keep it this way for privacy reasons as would any other company that provides services similar to Support. Freezes on an account are determined on an individual basis between Support and the account in question.

Lasinagol likes this.
  4. The Rage

The Rage Member

well mi7ch maybe you can have someone in support address my question and give us all a little more insight. One would come to the conclusion that if you added up all the frozen accounts over the weeks that eventually there would be no one playing. But what I suspect and several others do also, is there are a few players that are making these fake accounts and with every one frozen... there are several more created. The question that many of us have is why is the primary account not banned also ?? Please have aomeone in Support address this, as we are all curious and awaiting a response.

The Rage