Random Hitlisting?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jay76, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jay76

Jay76 New Member

How can someone 62 levels above me, put me on the hitlist? There were no previous attacks or punches, I've had no beef with anyone else, he just hitlisted me?

Also, whilst I was on the hitlist, I noticed someone attacking me who was my level last week & is now 63 levels ahead, how on earth? Are we talking credit card usage here? lol

2. theres always a level range where you can be listed.
    he probably just listed you for achievements.

far as the level jump,its very possible theyre just a persistent leveler.
    they could easily have high energy and/or stam so theyre probably
    either getting alot of outbreaks done or fighting alot(or hitting bosses alot)

3. Jay76

Jay76 New Member

Ok thanks, so basically he was just bein a d**k then heh heh.

As for the person who was on my level, I understand that some people can have large energy or stamina, which makes it easier to level up, but in order to do that other skills must suffer. For example I started off throwing all mine into energy, so I was constantly levelling up at the beginning, then when I had it at a decent level, I started on A & D. When he was at my level his stats were quite a bit lower than mine anyway, & he was always fightin then, so presuming all his skills were going into attack & defence, his energy would suffer, which is not what his stats are saying lol

My energy is pretty good & my A & D are better, but allowing for sleep & regeneration time, I could only level up at most 6 levels a day, probably less, he would have had to be doing 9 levels a day.

4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

They could have been saving their un points or bought some to use for refills.

5. Eric Maximus

Eric Maximus Member

Aye... a jerk or someone just going after achievements or many will protect clan.

I'm not sure on your level, but at the higher levels Energy is of the "lower" skills. Don't get me wrong, you need it to do at least several of the high adventures, but VS. Stamina and Health AND now even Attack/Defense, then it's prob last after say... level 500. On Viking Clan, I am near level 2100, and have about 2000 stamina. A friend, several hundred levels above me has 3500 Stamina (tho I think thats excessive, lol)
    On VC, I have a faster regeneration of stamina since my class is Warrior. So, it depends on class too.

6. Jay76

Jay76 New Member

Yeah that was my thinking at the beginning Cougar, no one rises that quickly unless they have a lot of UN points, i.e a big credit card limit. He definitly wasn't saving them because he always had the weapons you can buy off the UN. Ah well, different strokes for different folks lol.

Eric, I can understand someone protecting clan, thats fair enough, but as I said...this was totally out of the blue, I hadn't been in attacks with anyone else or anything, thats what had me wondering why he'd done it. Now I guess it was for achievements & that he/she can't hit someone his/her own level cos they'll get their arse kicked lol.

And as for the stats, 3500 stamina???? Bleeding 'ell lol

7. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

Yeah, UN points are the key to leveling up quickly. Even if you put most of your points into Energy or Stamina, you wouldn't be dealing much damage and you'd end up taking even longer to complete an Outbreak or Boss than if you'd just doled out your points evenly.
    But I added a lot of UN points to my account in order to beat all the bosses I had waiting for an ass-kicking. I ended up leveling like 15 times in just a couple hours. It's definitely possile to level a TON in one day, the only thing you'd have to wait for is the bosses to regenerate. But you could still fight people and outbreaks nonstop with UN points.

8. Calder12

Calder12 Member

UN points are not required for fast leveling nor for constant leveling if you build right and have a few friends that play. The first day I played I went from level 2 - 58 in a couple of hours max. Since then I have reached level 100 mainly since I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to playing.

At the moment I have 117 stamina and I win the vast majority of my fights.level 101 is only 2775. Now I for this level I am doing the England outbreak that will give me the boss, I have enough energy to do that 3 times so that gives me 264 xp bringing my total down to 2511 meaning I only have to average 21.5xp per fight. Given the fact that if I stay in my strength range I average 30-50 a fight... well you see my point.

This of course doesn't take into account the fights I win when attacked, nor any helps I give on outbreaks.

I honestly use bosses to move to other countries, to waste stamina if I'm going out and for the achievements I personally don't find them critical to leveling with my build.

9. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

For those of us that didn't get any squad members until they were well past level 101, the UN points were extremely helpful. And I just can't believe you got to level 58 in a couple hours (that's 2, by the way) without UN points.

But I'm not sitting here claiming to be an expert on the game, either.

10. Calder12

Calder12 Member

lol I am well aware of what a couple of hours is but I wasn't actually using the term in that way. It was likely a few hours or possibly as many as 4, it was a single evening and it was a work night so I am positive it was 4 on the absolute outside.

The early levels are quite easy and go by quickly if you're fighting correctly ie picking the right opponents. Keep in mind I am not a "nice" guy, if you pay good experience I am going to mash that Attack button until I can't anymore. I am also not an energy player, I keep enough energy on hand to do the Boss outbreak a couple of times per level, everything else is fight stats. At an average of well under 2:1 ratios for outbreaks early on and an average ratio of a minimum of 5:1 for fighting, leveling fast and constantly isn't hard.

I have still yet to reach a point where I can't level if I want to and obviously others are the same way given their levels.

11. SteveW

SteveW Member

I went from level 0 to level 47 in around 3 hours. if I wasn't trying to figure out how the game works I could have leveled even more.

It's totally possible to do :)

12. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

I remember leveling quickly in the beginning, but I certainly didn't get 47 levels in a couple hours. But as it was made clear to me earlier, the way you distribute your skill pts has a big effect on leveling. I spread my points around fairly evenly in the beginning cause I wanted to do some of everything and wasn't familiar with this type of game.

13. sparky1968

sparky1968 New Member

bullying

right i call this total bullying now even harrasment, im a lvl 138 and being listed atleast 5 times aday by 2 peaple well over the lvl 200, whats the point of out of xp range whan this happens, i have not attacked/ambushed/ booby traped , whats going on ?The Coffee Drinker has put a Hit on you for $92,809,145. this person is lvl 234
    25 minutes ago delete

14. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

Oh, guess you hadn't heard - that player is exempt from all the rules and guidelines. They can do whatever they want.

15. sparky1968

sparky1968 New Member

how comes

and how that that work then , he and hes co lister coffee maker are doing it to everybody, if people are excempt from the rules why show them,

16. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

That was sarcasm, making a joke about how that person seems to be complained about on a daily basis (whether they truly break the rules or not) and nobody at Kano does anything about it. Everyone complains about them, nothing changes. Sorry, dude.

17. sparky1968

sparky1968 New Member

thnks

ok thnks for the input, looks like kano just put the rules there to look good but once breached they wont do anything about it, with so many complaints about these 2 players thought something would of been done about it, been told they have multiple accounts all devs say it cannot be proved,

18. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Placing hits is not harassment. This is part of the game. Players can and will Attack, Ambush, Hitlist, Booby Trap & Punch. Players will also help other players that are fighting those in their Squad.

Per the Help section: Anyone can add any other players in the game to the Hitlist if they have enough money.

19. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

It is difficult to prove that somebody has multiple accounts. I, for example, have a friend/semi-roommate that uses my laptop to play loads of different games on her own account. So there should be two accounts that have the same IP address, browser info, etc. And since we rarely log on at the same time, I can see how it might look suspicious to some people. I hope it never becomes a problem, but we've brainstormed on how to prove we're two different people.

But, if you aren't using a 2nd account to abuse people or break the rules, and instead simply have another account to try building a character differently (ie: one character attack + health based, a second character stamina heavy - just an example, I'm making stuff up & not sure if they'd work) then I don't think that's an issue. And I think a majority of players would feel the same way. If they are playing separately and not using a 2nd account to abuse the system, I don't think anyone would even notice. So I guess I just invalidated my own statement... I guess they would have to be abusing the system (or at least appear to be) for somebody to accuse them of using multiple accounts.

Have you ever considered that it's just a couple friends that have double-teamed you? I had a guy that was fairly upset that I set up 3 ambushes in a row, so he got his friends to attack me. I later found out that he had posted a message in his squad feed telling all his squad members to attack me. So, it's entirely possible that you've just found two buttheads instead of one tricksy one.

PS: I can't believe "invalidated" is a word!

PPS: And while I typed my freakin' novel, Vampryss "invalidated" half my post. Awesome! :p

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  20. AbNo

AbNo Member

Let me guess, Coffee Maker and Coffee Drinker?

Yeah, they are working together to collect hitlist achievements. If you're getting slammed by that, stop healing, wait about ten minutes, and come back later. :rolleyes: