[VC] Raid Boss [BETA] 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 28, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raid Bosses are a new feature we introduced to our games back in October. Since then, we’ve had a ton of feedback from players who faced off against the Cave Dragon back in that first Beta test, as well as players who tried the versions of this feature in Mob Wars: LCN and Pirate Clan

Based on community comments and the data collected during the event we’ve retooled the feature and are just about ready to launch the next Beta to see how they work out, so watch for the new Raid Boss, Grendel in your game Thursday next week (Dec. 4th)!

Feature Overview

This limited-time event is 4 days long. During this period, players can unlock the powerful Raid Boss, Grendel, and assemble and team to battle it.

The Raid Boss is unlocked with Keys, which are dropped from Adventures in specific locations. Adventures that take more energy drop Keys more often. If you find yourself with extra Keys after the event is over, they can be turned in for XP.

A word of caution: Raid Bosses are tough. They have a lot of health and hit back hard! In order to have a chance at defeating them, Vikings will need to band together in a Raid Party and coordinate their actions.

Even with a large, dedicated team, many Raid Bosses will take several days to take down.

Assembling a Raid Boss Party

Don’t try to take on a Raid Boss all by yourself! We recommend aiming for an Party size of at least 20 dedicated players. Anyone in a Party of less than 15 is likely in for a difficult time.

Not sure you’ve got enough close, reliable allies around to fill your team? That’s okay! A vikings doesn’t have to be in your Clan to join your Raid Party. Many will be on the lookout for stout allies to team up with for the event. Watch the Chat and Forums for Vikings in search of a Party or who have open positions and shoot them a message.

In previous events, players have found Chat Groups handy for meeting potential party members and assembling teams.

Don’t count out an potential ally just because they are a lower level than you! Lower leveled players have their attack damage scaled-up when battling Raid Bosses and often make excellent Party Members. Plus, you’ll need some players from the lower level ranges if you are going to build a full-sized team.

Raid Party positions are divided into 3 level tiers. You can have up to 10 Party members from each tier for a max party size of 30 Vikings. Keep an eye out for players you feel would make good team members and invite them using the invite links provided on your Raid Boss page.

If you want, you can also make your Raid Boss Public. This allows anyone who run across your Raid Boss link to fill available Party positions. However, once someone has joined you are stuck with them for the rest of the battle, so use this option with caution.

Battling the Raid Boss

During the Battle, Players can Attack, Barrage (power attack) and Heal.

The Raid Boss Party shares a common pool of health which participants can replenish using Energy.

As your Party’s health declines, Attacks and Barrages will be less effective. Not only that, Boss hit back hard and can easily wipe a Party if attackers are not paying attention. The Boss will regain health whenever a party wipes, and XP rewards for actions will decline, so work as a team and keep your Party’s health up!

Rewards

Actions made during the battle, both healing and attacking, give great XP. However there is no advantage to dragging out a battle longer than necessary. If you defeat your own boss, you can join another Viking’s Party or unlock another Boss of your own as many times as you wish until the 4-day event is over.

Loot is collected by the participants once the boss has been defeated. Item drops are divided into 2 tiers, Common drops and the rarer and more valuable Superior drops, which have purple item text and backgrounds.

Don’t join too many Bosses at once! If you stretch yourself too thin you won’t be able to contribute effectively to the Battles. You’ll need to do a minimum number of actions to qualify for Loot, and nobody will get any Loot unless the boss is defeated, which is pretty hard to do if Party members aren’t working together.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

No energy drops anymore??? :(

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Energy drops a still a thing. This is a general overview, next week we'll post a more in-depth walkthrough.

4. Darth Vader

Keep energy drops pls this is the best other things are details !!!

5. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

I enjoy the raid bosses. 4 days is a good limit to starting one though. I get a little kooky if I go more than 4 days with no sleep... :-D

6. Darth Vader

Kris I hope you agree with me for energy drops ;) I see in PC there are rare and only 1 energy :( The truth is that not excite me so rewards as benefits energy !!!

7. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Aha! Last time you said the boss would be next to impossible alone, but this time you guys refrained from mentioning that. I just hope that doesn't mean it'll be too much easier to solo this time around... ;)

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We do say something to that effect in the actual walkthrough post that will go up next week. The Raid Boss has had some adjustments, but it's still meant to be a group effort. :)

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The energy drops range from about 20 to 35 but the XP when attacking is nice in PC ,not sure where you are playing considering you swore they were gone for good.:) Confused as to your thoughts on this raid boss in general according to a few posts tonite,darth. The raid bosses in PC are doing well , very well. I was in 17 of them and 6 of them were completed early today and two or those owners opened a second one. The rest will prob take close to the whole 4 days considering yest was a major holiday in the U.S.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  10. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Sounds like it'll be a bigger hit this next time around then. I'm really looking forward to round 2 now!

11. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Kong/Armor isn't going to have sufficient high level players if the tier system isn't adjusted.

12. Darth Vader

Raid Bosses was nice in their initial appearance...Why you spoil everything???"The energy drops range from about 20 to 35 but the XP when attacking is nice" pfffff cmon do not delude this is totally screwed work will now be paid for energy refills!!!

13. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Or, you know, you could just not pay for anything? It's not like Kano is holding a gun to your head. Lol If you end up paying for something and then complain about it later that's your own fault, not anyone elses.

Deblovscats1 and Kirsten like this.
  14. Kirsten

So you don't think 4K plus energy is nice, are you living in a parallel universe??

15. Kirsten

Really complaining about spending money on virtual items that do not even exist on this plane of consiousness is just silly, spend don't spend , it is always up to us all. lol

BTW curious what platform and level you are in PC, Vader, ya do not have to be real specific about your level just in what neighborhood ?

Deblovscats1 and Kehvyn like this.
  16. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

In my universe 4K stamina is really what's nice... :eek:

17. Kirsten

Well as I a not as high in VC or any of the other games, as PC I do know from higher level friends they received more xp than I have in this PC one, but LCN was not bad for my level there ,Looking forward to the return to VC :)

18. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

from what I saw in LCN and Pirate, the major changes will be:

Much less energy drop and much less XP for the healing, and probably a much lower boss health to make it accessible for a wider range of players

and

Last time I saw several bosses purposely reseted back to full health so they can defeat it again and again and again and make more XP, now they stopped this.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Darth Vader

"Much less energy drop and much less XP for the healing" -O yes It was about I am talking for screwed of initial appearance and not for what I have to pay for something (I want leveling not rewards so my boss will die or not I dont care)

I do not want impossible things just stop with changes really well-made things .An average intelligent person will understand what I mean something unclear?-wink-wink ;)

20. Kirsten

YEAH OK whatever meanwhile 40 levels later working on a bunch of raids in one day, not a bad haul. One boss that got sabotaged and killed 5 times , even though two could not attack it anymore it halved the XP and then some for attacking :( Thank god the owner had enough to take it down after that and reopen another , that we could work on. :)