[LCN] Punch damage?

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by thefluffycactus6, Nov 15, 2015.

1. thefluffycactus6

thefluffycactus6 New Member

How is it calculated? I think it was explained somewhere but I can't find it atm. Punched by the same person with dmg varying from the hundreds to the low twenties so I'm a bit confused. Does it have something to do with health?

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's the highest health of the two opponents times .05=max punch, but roll of die as well, 1 to max punch.

The Navigator likes this.
  3. thefluffycactus6

thefluffycactus6 New Member

So it's basically random, and increasing def does nothing. Well, TY, this clears up my confusion.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yup, random and health only 2 factors in the equation.

5. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Unless I am just unlucky, it seems much easier to hit at the bottom of that 5% range than at the top! :)

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's interesting, because I normally do pretty well with mine. I wonder if your attack stat might move this up towards the higher end of the range, or if it entirely random? In other words, if you have a high attack stat, maybe the floor for the punch range moves up. I can't remember the last time I punched for the minimum. But maybe I'm just lucky.

7. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

That would make sense, I suppose!

8. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

It's only health that counts, not attack. Punch is between 1 (just 1, not 1%) and 5% of lowest health.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I only mentioned that because I can't remember the last time that I punched for only 1 damage. But I know it used to happen to me. As a matter of fact, I can't remember that last time I had a punch for less than 300 damage, if that low.

10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Punches are so random..... I can do a 24 damage punch the first hour and then do a 5213 damage the second hour on the same player. There is nothing skilled about punches. So when someone starts talking bs about how crappy your punch was, it has no merit whatsoever.

11. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I did a 29 on Shurd this morning right after doing a 4400 on King. It still happens to me all the time although I can't remember doing a 1 except on a few low levels who are like below level 150.

12. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Exactly, it's between 1, and 5% of your max health. That's why it can vary a lot sometimes... You can do 1 damage, and an hour later do 3000 dmg :p

13. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Makes sense, the more health someone has, the less chance for a 1 damage punch. Someone with 100 health has 20% chance to punch 1 damage because it will be from 1 and 5. Someone with 10,000 health has only 0.2 % chance to punch 1 damage (assuming the opponent has equal or higher health). So the more health you have the less chance you end up in world chat with a 1 damage punch :)

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

You're right, it's probably purely a numbers thing. The higher your health is, the lower the percentage that you'll throw a glancing punch for 1 damage. I didn't think about that.

15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I would like to see a minimum based on a percentage instead of the lowest possible being a 1. Maybe like 1% to a max 5%. That would be better I think. :)

16. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Sounds good to me.

17. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I was told that any person's max punch would be equal to 5% of their health. if a person has 60000 health then his max punch will be around 3000 not more than that. I don't know whether that's right or wrong, but that sounds like ok comparing to my character, he stucked at max punch (5% of the base health) for over an year now, ever since I stopped adding health.

18. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

that's wrong. i have already hit that, and i still don't have a 3k punch. the punch damage range is almost entirely dependent on health, so if you stop adding to health, your punch damage won't go up.

19. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

AROUND 3000dmg? 5% of 60 000 is exactly 3000. For some reason the max dmg would still be [0,05•health-1], or that's what I think after comparing health and max punch of several players.
    Oh, and don't forget the one with lower health (puncher or target) determines the max dmg, just like mentioned previously on this thread.

20. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

@AXXO is correct.

AXXO likes this.