Please add a search feature to the blacksmithing page!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Snowtiger, May 3, 2015.

1. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Crafting needs to be made more user friendly by at least adding a search feature where it shows the items I own. I say this because a friend gave me the recipe for the ultimate spear, but I have no clue if I own one of the weapons needed. I could look through all 40 pages of weapons I have, but since I have no clue what the item looks like, or if I even have it, or where to find it.....it is frustrating! If there were a search button on the blacksmith page where I could type in the item, I would at least know if I owned it, and what it looked like.

2. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Search is really already available but in a different format than what you think of.
    In the blacksmith area, where the recipe is, click on that recipe. It will show you what it looks like and how many of the items to use for crafting you have. If you don't have it and need to purchase an item, or if it is a gift or a loot drop, click on the picture of the item. The game will then take you to either the adventure, inventory, gifting screen or boss.
    For example: Superior Grenados
    The following items are required to complete this Recipe:
    [​IMG]
    (Own: 28/2)
    [​IMG]
    (Own: 0/2)

If I click on the picture of the Grenados that I don't have any of, it will take me to Inventory/Weapons and there will be a blue outlined box around the Grenados to purchase.
    This works the same way for anything other than on an unsolved secret recipe where you can't see what is needed.
    Hope this helps. :)

LaScepter and Snowtiger like this.
  3. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

What if its not an adventure drop ? say a boss drop ? .I never knew that we could click on them...ty learned something new...LOL...but i do agree with the main issue of this thread...Blacksmithing/Crafting is far from user friendly...in PC as well as VC...all the scrolling thru the weapons and warriors to see how many we have or if we use them is extremely time consuming and discouraging to many !

Snowtiger likes this.
  4. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

If you click on the item needed to craft, it will take you to a boss or an adventure, or a gambit or treasure hunt, items to be purchased in the Inventory tab and also gifts.
    Once you get used to using this feature, it will be fast. You may already have an idea of what is coming up next to craft. I do. I ask for those gifts too in order to get ahead of the blacksmith time frame.
    If you are still using the items, when you click on an item and it takes you to like the Inventory page, everything you have ever not crafted up in your game, or unless you have sold it back, will be there. You just have to determine which it is first. Gifts have a drop down and you can select gifts only, what I own.
    Items you are battling with currently, there will be an amount on those with the number that shows how many you attack with and how many you defend with.
    This isn't hard. It just takes some getting used to. :)

5. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Yes i know how to use the lists ti too how many i own or if i use them or not...I just never knew to click on the item in the blacksmith shop... :D

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I did know you could click on an item and it would take you to a boss or an adventure or where ever you needed to be, but like you said Tillie, it does not work for secret recipes since you can not see what is needed. That is what I am working on at the moment, and wish I had a search button to see if I already have one of the required weapons. Also, there have been times that I knew I had an item and I knew exactly what it looked like, but had to look through page after page after page to find it so I could drag it to the work bench. My eyes must play tricks on me at times because sometimes I have to go through every page several times before I actually find what I need. There needs to be an easier way such as a simple search feature to find the item quickly so you can drag it to the work bench. I suppose overall, this is not all that important since once the recipe is solved, I can just auto fill it, but it would be nice to see :)

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Just ask someone for the recipe , someone who is in that location,they will know :)

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

9. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

It may help when u try to search for an item but cant find it, the whole workshop should be updated as some other thread suggested.